Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 03:47 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm not defending them. You're just mad because I refuse to worship at the altar of "all things military"

I'm building a growing feeling of contempt for your childish and petulant attitude towards those who put their lives on the line for the foreign policies that our votes(both for and against) put in to place, but my opinion of your worth does not lend itself to my feeling anything like actual anger towards you. Can't speak for the person you were responding to but I felt the need to put my 2 cents in anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 08:50 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm building a growing feeling of contempt for your childish and petulant attitude towards those who put their lives on the line for the foreign policies that our votes(both for and against) put in to place, but my opinion of your worth does not lend itself to my feeling anything like actual anger towards you. Can't speak for the person you were responding to but I felt the need to put my 2 cents in anyway.
Oh that's just too bad snowflake. Put me on ignore and enjoy the echo chamber.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:04 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Oh that's just too bad snowflake. Put me on ignore and enjoy the echo chamber.
You are the one who cannot tolerate anything military, and you have the nerve calling others "snowflake"

Man, you really need to get over yourself sometimes. Showing your fellow man a little bit human decency is NOT military worship. You really need to know the difference between worshipping and respect/decency.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:19 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Quote:
No shame here. Your worship of the military,its endless wars, and the resulting death and destruction,now that's not something to be proud of.
It's not military worship, it's called human decency. Something you seem to be lacking...

Old 11-20-2016, 08:28 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
lol SOME people believe that just because they can fly first class, they are better than everybody else.

It is not a big deal that you are in first class, sheesh, keep your stupid ego in check already. Nobody gives a sh*t.

Money sometimes, cannot buy class.

All these being said, I don't know the details of the story. In my experience, most people in first class are very friendly polite people. Most keep it to themselves. The story is certainly strange to say the least.

You are not better, but you pay to be TREATED BETTER than everyone else. That is probably why they were hissing. I wonder how many demanded a refund of the first-class premium?

Old 11-20-2016, 08:48 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You are not better, but you pay to be TREATED BETTER than everyone else. That is probably why they were hissing. I wonder how many demanded a refund of the first-class premium?
They were not treated badly. They were simply told to remain "seated".

I always flew first class, trust me, I don't boo anybody if I have been told to remain "seated".

The World Does Not Revolve Around You all the time simply because you paid double or more.

To hear the reaction of the flight being delayed because of a Gold Star family, and the first class cabin booing that was really upsetting, and it made us cry some more,” he told KOVR, who first reported the story.

Like I said, some people have this astonishing sense of entitlement. Money does not buy class sometimes.

These were not "first class passengers" but rather "passengers in first class". See the difference? Rude, boorish behavior is never first class, regardless of political persuasion, race, sex, or religion.

All these said, I have a feeling that not all passengers in first class behaved like this.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-20-2016 at 09:04 AM..

Old 11-20-2016, 09:13 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Are you implying that they deserved some sort of refund?

Old 11-20-2016, 10:53 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I can't imagine ANYONE doing that if they were aware of the circumstances. The ones that did probably feel pretty stupid about it now.
I hope so and I am willing to give the offending passengers the benefit of the doubt.

Surely not everyone can be as lacking in empathy and basic human decency and respect as certain people participating in this thread.

I agree that we are quick to throw around the word 'hero' to everyone in uniform, and while many of them do put their lives at great risk and perform dangerous deeds, the actions of Sgt. Perry were the very definition of heroism and sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies