Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 08:52 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since when did Trump say he was going after "immigrants"? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole immigrants as they are here illegally.
He didn't, it's just the same old tired liberal lies. Just look how they can't separate fantasy from reality thinking Trump is going to "come after" minorities. They clearly have no idea how the US government works, how the system of checks and balances works and that even though Obama acted like an emperor dictating from his desk when he didn't get his way, the President is still just one cog in the machine.

Liberals are afraid that Trump is going to start acting like they would in his position, it has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with them projecting their real intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 09:17 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I stand by my post. Why don't you grow a backbone instead of incessantly crying racism.

I'm a minority, born in the U.S.A., as well as many other posters here. You don't see us whining ad nauseum.

I know I won't change your mind, but if you're an American, why don't you just accept the outcome of the election and give the man a chance?
He's afraid for his family. Quite telling.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
It's a shame that the moderators permit the same race baiting posters to continually start their trolling threads.
As long as you are a leftist, your threads are safe. If you are a conservative....that's a different story...

Old 11-20-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO @ "taken out of context."

That's right....he's white. So we can trust him...despite what he said.
Why don't you view life as an American....instead of always worrying about "your people". If you are a citizen, all of us are your people. Stop this insane division.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:29 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
While I am concerned for the type of people that are being considered for top position in the white house, I am confident that the US government with its checks and balances will prevent such drastic measures that violate the rights of minority CITIZENS. I'm pretty sure we are a long way from reinstating Jim Crow like legislature.

Its not like Stephen Bannon and the likes are in positions that unilaterally allow them to legislate, execute, and judge. Even the president's office itself has limited powers.

However, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit a feeling of uneasiness.... confidence in the system of checks and balance does not mean I will rest easily. I view that system a safety net and I don't like the feeling that it will be tested on numerous occasions for the next term. I have to keep reminding myself that both Democrats and Republicans have racist elements but the wide majority of both parties will look out for their prospective constituents that are largely a diverse peoples.

If I was affluent, I certainly would have a contingency plan.... as a reaction of the times.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:35 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Why don't you view life as an American....instead of always worrying about "your people". If you are a citizen, all of us are your people. Stop this insane division.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
As long as you are a leftist, your threads are safe. If you are a conservative....that's a different story...

While I don't identify as either liberal or conservative, you are asking him to stop the divisiveness attitude while also perpetuating the same.

I spent a good amount of time with a circle of friends from diverse demographics (ok more like circles that overlap once in a while); the one thing that keeps us from beating the crap out of each other is the understanding that we are different and to accept that division is natural. What's important is reaching pass the divisions for a mutual understanding.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:10 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
His troubling staff and cabinet appointments really need to be considered.

His chief advisor, Steve Bannon, recently implied that there are too many Asian CEOs in Silicon
Valley.

https://www.cnet.com/news/trumps-che...s-being-asian/

Trump aide Steve Bannon really hates Asian CEOs | Fusion

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/17/...ys-asian-ceos/

This means that he not only takes issue with poor immigrants, but also rich immigrants-what about rich minorities as a whole?

Are we the next to be blamed for the plight of Whites in the Rust Belt?

I work in a management position in SV and this has me thinking that perhaps we should at least think about ways to keep our families safe.
More wild 'flee for the hills' insanity from the left.

Don't you find it exhausting to fly into a panic, and assume all Republicans are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name i?"

Every time a Republican is elected president the left flies into an irrational panic, and the hand wringing and cryies of doom and gloom and 'woe is me' echo off the walls of their padded safe rooms.

We had eight years of Reagan, four years of Bush, and eight more years of GW Bush, did they end social security and Medicare, take away people's rights, end abortion, make gay marriage illegal, or do any of the stupid damn crap all the ignorant libs wailed and moaned and bitched about? No!!

Old 11-20-2016, 10:15 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
While I am concerned for the type of people that are being considered for top position in the white house, I am confident that the US government with its checks and balances will prevent such drastic measures that violate the rights of minority CITIZENS. I'm pretty sure we are a long way from reinstating Jim Crow like legislature. {snip}
Jim Crow laws were a 100% creation of the Democratic Party, and upheld by democrats appointed on the SCOTUS, just so you know.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
To think Steve Bannon will be Trump's top advisor.

Definitely people who can should have a contingency plan for their families just in case.
I love it! THIS is the smoking gun that proves it all, lol. His ex-wife, in a bitter divorce proceeding once said he didn't like Jews. Meanwhile you're concerned about Jared Kushner becoming one of Trump's top aides. Rest assured Bannon will not tolerate that! Meanwhile Ben Shapiro, former Editor for Breitbart, who is an Orthodox Jew, says Breitbart is decidedly pro-Israel & that he never heard of any anti-Semetic sentiment from Bannon in the four years he worked there.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I am a legal immigrant from India & I voted for Trump. Being 'legal', I had to keep my status by working harder than others at my education & work because thats how the existing system works here. Before your employer applies for your green card, they have to advertise your position for a year & try to find an American citizen to replace you. Only when they cant find one, my petition moves ahead. That means I have to develop more skillsets & work experience than Americans in my profession. If not, I will be easily replaced.

We dont enjoy the privileges & perks that illegal immigrants get here. If your gpa drops or you lose your job, your visa is cancelled & you get deported within 40days. The backlog to get green card for Indians is about 15-20 yrs because there are so many illegals blocking the line. I think it would be great if they get deported. It will clear a lot of backlog. Your country, your rules. If I have a problem with it I should pack my bags & leave the country rather than forming coalitions of ignorants & throwing childish tantrums. Any naturalized citizen is an American so when you say American, you are talking about me whereas an immigrant means who is still on some visa or here illegally. Being a visitor here doesnt give you any rights that citizens enjoy. Work hard & become a citizen like us to claim your rights & benefits.
Such a disgusting attitude, and suffering from a great deal of self delusion too.

The illegals are not "blocking the line." They're not even in the line. If you want to complain about the line, complain about the per-country limits on visas. Complain about some of the very lax policies that allow people who could charitably be described as merely incompetent to stay in the country. That's what's jamming up your queue, not Mexicans who walked across the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies