Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 10:46 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Disgusting and abhorrent.

"When administering physical discipline, take caution not to deliver the lashes anywhere but the buttocks. The first attempt at this punishment should only be delivered by hand so you can get an idea of how many lashings are needed."

"A fearful wife may begin crying or pleading and find it difficult to remain still. Reassure her. of your intent and love (yes this will hurt, that is why it is a punishment) then instruct her to be still. Remind her that she is not in control of this discipline. You should continue the lashing through her tears and pleas for you to stop, until you are certain the message was received. This will insure her remorse and therefore stop the undesirable behavior."

"A sound lashing is five to ten strokes with your hand, or three to five strokes with a strap; some wives need more. To avoid brusing do not strike the same area in repetition. Gauge your decision to proceed based on your wife's readiness to repent."
Nice job copying that from this Christian site:

How To...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 11:10 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Good Muslims beat their wives as instructed by Islam to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWVdAfXbXI

Old 11-23-2016, 11:47 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Good Muslims beat their wives as instructed by Islam to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWVdAfXbXI
Lol. How do we know that's not you and you just had your beer buddies tape you?

Not that long ago, maybe 35 years, a woman was petitioning to get out of prison. Her husband had been beating her, there were no laws to protect her, and she finally killed him in self-defense and went to prison because self-defense was not a valid defense in this country for a woman who killed her husband.

The people doing the documentary interviewed her husband's parents, who drawled that "she should hang". The interviewer pointed out that he had beaten her numerous times, and their response was, "Well, she was his wife."

Did that mean that all rural white Americans approve of wife-beating as a husband's right?

That is the impression many people got.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-23-2016 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol. How do we know that's not you and you just had your beer buddies tape you?

Not that long ago, maybe 35 years, a woman was petitioning to get out of prison. Her husband had been beating her, there were no laws to protect her, and she finally killed him in self-defense and went to prison because self-defense was not a valid defense in this country for a woman who killed her husband.

The people doing the documentary interviewed her husband's parents, who drawled that "she should hang". The interviewer pointed out that he had beaten her numerous times, and their response was, "Well, she was his wife."

Did that mean that all rural white Americans approve of wife-beating as a husband's right?

That is the impression many people got.
The Quran condones wife beating.
Islam: Can a Man Beat His Wife?

Old 11-23-2016, 12:18 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Lol I'm sitting here with 2 Muslim friends and collegues one Turkish and one Pakistani and I just asked them if I'm an Infidel. I'm not really sure though we'll sort it out over a beer
Ask them if they think sharia law is compatible with Western law ...

Old 11-23-2016, 12:22 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Islam is, like most religions (including Christianity), an ideology. By any honest reading it is sexist and homophobic both explicitly (other contradicting statements within it do not rescue it from being sexist and homophobic..) and in practice.

There's a lot of confusion that we can lay at the door of the word "islamophobia". Islam is an ideology - its certainly open to scrutiny and questioning and condemnation based on universal moral grounds. Every ideology, from Islam, to veganism to capitalism to communism is properly the subject of scrutiny and criticism. Islamophobia is a bankrupt, deceitful term that hopes to deflect any analysis of the ideology. The mainstream press has been very sloppy using it - and it doesn't sit well with people because they instinctively understand its contradiction. Who are you to tell me that when I criticize Islam for its clear homophobia I'm islamophobic. F^&* Off!

Muslimophobia, on the other hand, or anti-Muslim bigotry, is unacceptable. That's hatred of the people, the ethnicity or of someone having certain beliefs (belief in Islam).

Old 11-23-2016, 12:23 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The Quran condones wife beating.
Islam: Can a Man Beat His Wife?
Great. It came out of a misogynist culture, like most others.

It does not mean that all Muslims are wife-beaters, and you know that, and it's wrong of you to try to smear all people of one religion by saying they are.

Lol, I've worked in business with some Muslim women. I'd hate to see what their husbands would look like if he raised a hand to one of them.

My religion's scripture says women shouldn't cut their hair or speak in church, but we're smart enough to know that was born of the cultural mores in place 2000 years ago. Bizarrely, some 21st-century Christians still think we should adhere to that.

Many Muslims have the same outlook about their religious writings. Some, of course, do not.

Unless you have been living under a rock or have never met or worked with a Muslim--and I find that hard to believe unless you live in some remote area--you know this.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:31 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
If Liberals really do care about women's rights, why are they so defensive of Islam?

I reckon for the same reason they are very passionate about minority rights and diversity yet balk at sending their children to school with them.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Great. It came out of a misogynist culture, like most others.

It does not mean that all Muslims are wife-beaters, and you know that, and it's wrong of you to try to smear all people of one religion by saying they are.

Lol, I've worked in business with some Muslim women. I'd hate to see what their husbands would look like if he raised a hand to one of them.

My religion's scripture says women shouldn't cut their hair or speak in church, but we're smart enough to know that was born of the cultural mores in place 2000 years ago. Bizarrely, some 21st-century Christians still think we should adhere to that.

Many Muslims have the same outlook about their religious writings. Some, of course, do not.

Unless you have been living under a rock or have never met or worked with a Muslim--and I find that hard to believe unless you live in some remote area--you know this.
The only argument that an Islam defender ever has is to falsely accuse someone of "All Muslims.....". You made a false assumption from the start.

Islam has no place in a civilized society.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Like it or not, wife beating is acceptable in most countries where Sharia Law is practiced.

You can say "wives are beaten in the US", but it's not looked upon as acceptable here.

I don't see many people lining up to sanction them like what you see happening with North Carolina over their bathroom ordinance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies