Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 09:04 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Really? Doing such a thing could well get you fired.

Customers who patronize businesses don't want to have to hear the employees discussing politics---let alone starting arguments with others.
You have no idea what I do for a living so don't waste your breath telling me what might happen to me if I exercise my First Amendment right to free speech.

In any case, it's neither here nor there. The Hamilton actor spoke out and I'm glad he did. There's no need to apologize and I hope he doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't believe you for a ny minute lol.
Who cares what you believe? I certainly don't.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:07 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do you know what a union is? It's not a government entity. That's what I mean.

You said the actors ran a private business.

They do not.

I told you who these actors are.

End of story.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:12 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I guess Netanyahu doesn't agree with you..and in any case it was not the cast who did any 'booing', so what is your point? As far as the casting call for non-whites, it's well known that the performance centers around non-whites playing the parts of the founding fathers. Would you prefer white actors in black face playing those parts, or maybe you think they should audition whites waste and then not hire them?
Agitprop...Bibi was attacked by 2 women in the audience who had to be pushed away. Bibi was being kind, but it happened. The clown who was lecturing Pence about how diverse & inclusive they were wanted no whites in the play, period.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
You said the actors ran a private business.

They do not.

I told you who these actors are.

End of story.
Are you really this obtuse or just pretending? Notwithstanding the existence of a union, the production of Hamilton is a privately run business. It is not a government business. The actors are not paid with public funds.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:15 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
They are just butthurt by the election. Actually, given the predilections of theater actors, they might be in a constant state of butthurt.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:21 PM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
No, the cast should not need to apologize, if Trump, Pence, and the conservatives are so hurt by what was said, maybe they need to have safe places to go where these snowflakes can be protected from any form of criticism against the Trump Administration and their voting history (referring to Pence on that one since Trump, the political novice, lacks any form of voting record.)

Old 11-19-2016, 09:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Like I said you voted for him, you bought it now you own it. You can blame the media all you want, but they did not put words in his mouth. And since you brought it up.. I'm real sorry but some Trump supporters are truly deplorable.
You seem pretty deplorable AND ignorant yourself.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:25 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Stop equating the two candidates when it comes to manners and behavior during the election. Trump started out personally insulting Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio and never stopped. He insulted Cruz, Cruz's wife and father, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich, Megan Kelly and the disabled reporter. He encouraged supporters to beat up protesters and said he'd pay the legal fees. He personally insulted the Khans, Alicia Machado, and Judge Curiel. Hillary did not come CLOSE to that behavior and neither has any other candidate EVER.

If you voted for Trump's non-existent economic policy, that's fine. But stop your hypocritical hand-wringing over bad manners. It's utterly ridiculous.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Like I said you voted for him, you bought it now you own it. You can blame the media all you want, but they did not put words in his mouth. And since you brought it up.. I'm real sorry but some Trump supporters are truly deplorable.
The media did in fact portray a dismissal of someone as a dismissal of someone who is disable solely because he was disabled. A whole different thing.

That you bought it is on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies