Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 10:11 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Obama proved to be divisive.

Where is his highness telling the rioters who didn't get their way in this election to knock it off?

Nowhere.

This is how Obama likes it.

Trump is "forecasted" to be divisive...by those who called "RACIST" each and every time anyone disagreed with Obama. Nothing new or different.

Keep on keeping on with the baloney and Trump will sit as POTUS for 8 years. And then one of his children will run, win and there will be another 8 years of a Trump in office. He's got more than one kid....
Trump insulted everyone except white men. Well, actually he did insult some of them too. Sorry, not the kind of president I want. Our country deserves better than a narcissist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,649,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Seriously, you are being a drama queen.

Obama thumbed his nose at our immigration laws more than once---and you don't think that's "a danger to our democracy"?

Trump plans to enforce our immigration laws. Do you think enforcing our laws equates to "a danger to our democracy"? If so, you have a very twisted way of thinking
When did we start talking about immigration?

Sorry if you think I'm being a drama queen. I care about the country and the Constitution. What can I say?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:18 PM

14,702 posts, read 8,024,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So what is clear is that Trump does not believe in the the First Amendment and being elected has not changed the thin-skinned immature tweeter one iota.

I'm sick to death of people who scream and scream about their Second Amendment right and are perfectly happy to let the new dictator elect tell people they cannot have free speech. He ran on hate--now he'll simply have to live with the consequences of the Pandora's Box he has opened.

"The president-elect has identified a much more frightening enemy that demands his fickle attention: Hamilton, the Broadway musical, where Vice President-elect Mike Pence was booed Friday night. This booing, according to the least polite man in America, is unacceptable..."

Donald Trump
This.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
“We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” said Dixon, who plays Aaron Burr, the nation’s third vice president. “We truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us.”

“Vice President-elect Pence, I see you walking out, but I hope you will hear us, just a few more moments. There’s nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen,” Dixon said.. “We’re all here sharing a story about love.”

Full story here
'Hamilton' cast to Pence: 'We, sir, are the diverse America' | PBS NewsHour
^That is what they said to him, and there is nothing harassing about that. Nothing anywhere near as insulting and inflammatory as what Trump has said to various portions of the United States.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:37 PM

42,766 posts, read 26,048,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You seem pretty deplorable AND ignorant yourself.
Maybe one day I will grow up to be as sweet and smart as you

Old 11-19-2016, 10:38 PM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
Nobody has manners anymore. While I don't think the cast HARASSED Pence, I don't know what they expected to gain from it either. Publicity probably. It's just a downer to go out to a show and get more than you bargained for. But whatever, Pence is probably used to it.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
^That is what they said to him, and there is nothing harassing about that. Nothing anywhere near as insulting and inflammatory as what Trump has said to various portions of the United States.
I agree and he could have been a real statesman and reassured the people in the audience that the Trump administration will fairly represent all people and that they didn't need to worry..oh wait, he couldn't do that because it wouldn't be true..dang

Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Bullies are often thin-skinned, quick to overreact when challenged, and undone when people are no longer afraid to speak truth to their face. Great presidents are almost always the opposite in all those categories.
Reflecting on Donald Trump’s complete overreaction to a statement made at the end of a performance of Broadway’s Hamilton: An American Musical, I couldn’t help but think – doesn’t this man have more important things to worry about? Hasn’t the theater long been a stage for political art? And isn’t this a man who broke so many norms as a candidate, insulted so many people – individually and as groups – that he now has the nerve to demand an apology when he never gave one himself?
-DAN RATHER
Dan Rather Just Savaged Trump For Hamilton Freak Out
Well said.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:45 PM

Why didn't isn't this a big deal to you folks who are all butt hurt about poor Mike Pence's treatment at Hamilton?

Gov. Mike Pence got a cold reception Thursday when he threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Indianapolis Indians' home opener.

I think you should demand an immediate apology from everyone who was at that game AND from the players on the team!

Old 11-19-2016, 10:50 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,069,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why didn't isn't this a big deal to you folks who are all butt hurt about poor Mike Pence's treatment at Hamilton?

Gov. Mike Pence got a cold reception Thursday when he threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Indianapolis Indians' home opener.

I think you should demand an immediate apology from everyone who was at that game AND from the players on the team!
They have to wait for trump to tweet and demand an apology, before they can voice their outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies