Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:29 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times

Advertisements

If the recession is next year, as in, the end of 2017 going into 2018, or perhaps even in 2018 we can be sure that Trumps policies and appointments can have at least some stake in the blame.

But I generally give presidents a pass on their first year in office. I don't blame Obama for 2009, I don't blame bush for 2001, I don't blame Reagan for 1981 (I do put bad year 1982 on Reagans shoulders though).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 09:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
If the recession is next year, as in, the end of 2017 going into 2018, or perhaps even in 2018 we can be sure that Trumps policies and appointments can have at least some stake in the blame.

But I generally give presidents a pass on their first year in office. I don't blame Obama for 2009, I don't blame bush for 2001, I don't blame Reagan for 1981 (I do put bad year 1982 on Reagans shoulders though).
Economies take a few years to feel the effects of governmental interaction. Note, a FEW YEARS..

rising cost of health insurance for example, is said to take about 6 years before having a full effect..

Old 11-19-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Economies take a few years to feel the effects of governmental interaction. Note, a FEW YEARS..

rising cost of health insurance for example, is said to take about 6 years before having a full effect..
If you believe that you should love Obama. His second term has been far from shabby when it comes to job growth. More than 10 million jobs created his second term.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:47 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,238,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
If you believe that you should love Obama. His second term has been far from shabby when it comes to job growth. More than 10 million jobs created his second term.
All them low wage part time jobs, woohoo! I haven't had to work for a while now but what this country does to its citizens is astonishing. They don't even have to polish the turd the people in their party does it for them.

What we will likely see in the next 8 years is a collapse in the student loan bubble which will be blamed on Trump even though he wants to rein in the overarching issue.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:53 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Democrat obstructionists.
I could only pray we can just start saying, it is Obama's fault for 8 years.

That would throw it back in their faces.

Thank God for the 2010 mid-terms to put the brakes on the damage already in motion.

The Democrats, they cannot even pray for the same to happen. They do not believe in god.

I'm a democrat born and raised in the faith of god. So please stop with your fallacies of democrats

Old 11-20-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
All them low wage part time jobs, woohoo! I haven't had to work for a while now but what this country does to its citizens is astonishing. They don't even have to polish the turd the people in their party does it for them.

What we will likely see in the next 8 years is a collapse in the student loan bubble which will be blamed on Trump even though he wants to rein in the overarching issue.
All of them? Not even most of the are part time. Nearly all of the are full time. This is shown by our U6 unemployment rate falling from a peak of over 17%, to now a low of 9.5%. And wages are growing too, up 2.8% over year, far more than inflation.

JUST SAYING!!

Old 11-20-2016, 12:44 AM

979 posts, read 490,719 times
Since the Republicans control the president, congress, and most state governments, they will naturally blame the liberals and anything else. I don't expect them to accept blame for any of their actions. So it will be an interesting four years.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:17 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Immigrants, Muslims, bad hombres, nasty women....anyone but Republicans taking responsibility for their own actions.

You probably applauded Obama blaming Bush for the first 6 years of Obama's term.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:28 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I think conservatives are gonna blame Obama. Watch!!!
They're ALREADY trying to claim we're in a recession NOW (we're not), or that one is coming soon because of this administration (there's no evidence of that whatsoever....just the opposite).

I think it might take at least two years for the Trump recession to hit, though. Maybe even three. The debt will immediately spike because of the huge tax cuts to the top 5% (that's what happened with both Reagan and Bush). Then it will take time for the deregulation results to roll in, as it did during the Bush administration. It takes time for the greed and criminal behavior to show itself.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:30 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You think Trump can fix 8 years of Obamas bad decisions in less than 1 year? Of course Obama would get the blame if it happens next year, except on every liberal "news"/fiction outlet, they'll blame Trump, Bush, Bush1, Reagan everyone except any democrat anywhere.

what decisions-? they were blocked daily and those they approved are approved- by both- only can get him for his executive actions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies