Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 04:46 PM

575 posts, read 298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Trump will do a "Harry Truman" on Iran.

You play fast and loose with weapons of Mass destruction. Just like Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 04:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Boeings recent deal is canceled and Iran purchases planes from Airbus, how is that a good idea.
They'd have 80 fewer planes to airlift troops and military supplies to Syria.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:59 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
drumpf will do NOTHING at all about this deal. Iran and Russia are now BFF and you know, Donny boy is not going to disappoint Vlad by throwing a wrench into the works.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
That's not the point. If Trump tears up the agreement (he can do that) America is isolated. There is no way the other nations will reinstate sanctions on Iran.
Who are "other" nations? Russia and China were not bound by previous sanctions so it doesn't make any difference if there is an agreement in place or not. Agriculture and medicine were not covered by sanctions either, so what is left? Ok, so they can't import Swiss chocolate but they can live with that. What was killing Iran were financial sanctions which will affect Europe whether they tear up the plan or not. The US still has a huge influence on what happens in the world, whether others come along or not.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:18 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Obviously the deal will be scrapped, and America will be "on it's own" in future negotiations.
I firmly believe that once our military is back to normal capacity, not only in man power, but strategically sound to defend this country, Trump will do a "Harry Truman" on Iran.

It may take a few years to get to that point, But I believe it will happen.
I also don't believe the rest of the world will allow them selves to get involved.

Once again, we need to show the rest of the world we are a force to be reckoned with, and will back down to no one.
I believe it's called respect through power.

Bob.
We spend more on defense than the next 10 nations combined including Russia and China, what exactly is normal capacity.

If you believe that military force is a winning philosophy you're living in the 1940's, it hasn't worked out very well the last 15 years.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Obviously the deal will be scrapped, and America will be "on it's own" in future negotiations.
I firmly believe that once our military is back to normal capacity, not only in man power, but strategically sound to defend this country, Trump will do a "Harry Truman" on Iran.

It may take a few years to get to that point, But I believe it will happen.
I also don't believe the rest of the world will allow them selves to get involved.

Once again, we need to show the rest of the world we are a force to be reckoned with, and will back down to no one.
I believe it's called respect through power.

Bob.
You want an inexperienced president to go to war with Iran?

Old 11-20-2016, 10:50 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You want an inexperienced president to go to war with Iran?
Trump may lack experience, but the generals he is enlisting for his administration have enough experience to accomplish any military endeavor, whenever, and where ever needed.

Bob.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:02 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Isn't that what Hillary would've done?
Why are people constantly bringing up Hillary. She lost. I think this is your way of deflecting the questions about Trump

Old 11-20-2016, 11:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Trump may lack experience, but the generals he is enlisting for his administration have enough experience to accomplish any military endeavor, whenever, and where ever needed.

Bob.
REALLY?

Why didn't they do it in Iraq then...where they bungled one mission after another?

Old 11-21-2016, 06:00 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They'd have 80 fewer planes to airlift troops and military supplies to Syria.
They will get their planes from one of the other countries, France or Germany will be glad for the business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies