Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 03:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Yes I have wonderful successful children and yes I would never have shared something that personal
but we are talking about Trump here. no personal attacks are allowed on this forum, keep that in mind.

The thing is Trump can only be himself so much , he does and will have handlers
from now on so who's to say if they aren't trying turn this?
As one poster already is posting about it being perfectly fine for DT to commute from
Ny it seems clear that people are starting to accept excuses .
I for one find it very peculiar that the president won't be residing in the white house.

Keep in mind I didn't attack you, but if you feel I did - PLEASE - BY ALL MEANS REPORT ME!!!

Again, this is based on conjecture which seems to be based on vivid daydreams. If anyone has a clip of Trump or his handler making the claim that this is the reason his wife and son are staying in NY, I'm sure they'll share it.

And now you're saying the President won't be residing in the White House? Not his wife and son, but HIM?

This is like playing the game telephone. By the time the thread is done we'll all be reading that the reason Trump banned anyone from living in the White House is because he had his contractors inspect it and they found it unlivable, therefore they're tearing the entire structure down and rebuilding from the ground up.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:04 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This family has no clue what it means to sacrifice for your country. They must move into the White House. That is part of the deal when you run for the Presidency. You can't expect the taxpayers to support the kind of Secret Service it takes to keep that family safe in the center of NYC

Also, a 10-year old doesn't need so much Mommy. She's absolutely smothering that child. Being Mommy to a 10-year old is not a full time job.
I won't address Barron or Melania and Donald's choices for their son.

I will address the bolded. I disagree. In order to run for the highest office in our country the Trump family have sacrificed their personal safety, their business profits, their time with each other, and their privacy. The whole family will continue these sacrifices for, at least, the next four years.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:10 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Another one! Brilliant!
Why thank you I know it is if you are still responding to my posts I will continue as long as I know it annoys you.
Besides I'm here to voice my opinion not to amuse you...

Old 11-20-2016, 03:11 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Keep in mind I didn't attack you, but if you feel I did - PLEASE - BY ALL MEANS REPORT ME!!!

Again, this is based on conjecture which seems to be based on vivid daydreams. If anyone has a clip of Trump or his handler making the claim that this is the reason his wife and son are staying in NY, I'm sure they'll share it.

And now you're saying the President won't be residing in the White House? Not his wife and son, but HIM?

This is like playing the game telephone. By the time the thread is done we'll all be reading that the reason Trump banned anyone from living in the White House is because he had his contractors inspect it and they found it unlivable, therefore they're tearing the entire structure down and rebuilding from the ground up.
I think you should settle down a little .

to the rest , yes there are rumors out there that the president elect won't be living
in the white house and I do agree with you that threads can and do go haywire on
here.
and yes , a lot of what we do here is speculating because there's so much
we won't ever know .

Old 11-20-2016, 03:13 PM

993 posts, read 766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The article also said Melania wanted Barron to stay in his school until the end of the school year. She admitted he is having some difficulty adjusting and she doesn't employ a nanny. Melania sounds like a very good mother. I can't imagine how hard it would be to raise a young child in that vicious fishbowl swarming with Press sharks called the White House.
I get wanting him in the same school until school years' end. But c'mon. Plenty of Presidents have raised families in the White House. Good grief. Nothing has changed.

I don't know if this is true, but from what I've read Melania didn't want her husband to run for office. Maybe she's just not into playing First Lady and she's not gonna do it. So what? I think President's wives should be able to continue their chosen careers and not be required to take up the banner of First Lady.

She's most comfortable as a mom to her son in NYC. She should do what she wants. Why does she have to live in the White House?

I'm no Trump supporter but I feel so sorry for his wife.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:14 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This family has no clue what it means to sacrifice for your country. They must move into the White House. That is part of the deal when you run for the Presidency. You can't expect the taxpayers to support the kind of Secret Service it takes to keep that family safe in the center of NYC
Re day to day logistics/mechanizations he can do whatever he wants and the Secret Service will adjust. Congress won't impeach him or try him on same just as would be the case for the Obamas.......and it obviously irks you to no end that this is the case.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:15 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
I just hate the double standard. Obama couldnt even take vacation without heads exploding, even though its been documented that he has taken less vacation than former presidents. If Michelle had decided to stay in Chicago, there wouldve been countless pages on how selfish she was, and how much money she is costing the taxpayers, and city of Chicago. Now that Melania wants to do it, everyone is defending her.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Trump is killing business in NYC. Business owners are anxious for him to leave 1/19/18.

Unfortunately, if Melania stays where she is, business will continue to be killed. David Chang: Security Around Trump Tower Is 'Killing Restaurant Foot Traffic': Gothamist

Old 11-20-2016, 03:18 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Unfortunately, this will cost tax payers millions of dollars since they still require Secret Service protection and now the Secret Service has to be in two places.

Not wanting to pull him out of school is a lame excuse. The Clintons pulled Chelsea out of school. Jenna and Barbara were already out of school when Bush was elected. The Obamas pulled Malia and Sasha out of school.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:22 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Since Trump is much hated from outside and within this country maybe he's protecting the most vulnerable of his family. I know that that would be on my mind if I were in Trumps position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies