Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 09:24 AM

451 posts, read 236,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My gut says she knew exactly what she was getting into when he first put her up in Trump Tower, at his beck and call. I would be surprised if she was surprised when the Billy Bush thing was released.

It's likely a marriage of convenience for both of them and they both get something out of it, perhaps similar to Hillary/ Bill.

Trump has made clear over the years he is not a good husband.

Kinda like this guy....Right???
Attached Thumbnails
Melania and Barron not moving to White House-bumper-sticker.png  

Old 11-21-2016, 09:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
You are seriously out of the loop. He was very hands-on, and even took the kids to construction sites and let them help in small ways that kids can do. He very much brought them up to be outstanding business people. Statements like yours are why forum features were developed which allow us to ignore people. Congrats. You've earned it. Bye, now!
I'll let Trump respond in his own words.

"I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park.”

He also said he would never change a diaper because that's "woman's work."

Right from the big orange snowflake's own mouth.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:45 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
If I were a Republican President, I would set up my office in Boise, Salt Lake, or Plano, Tx....no Republican should be forced to live in the crap hole place like DC full of hatred of the 150 million Deplorables.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:02 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
It seems to me that the left likes to pick and choose when the cost of presidential lifestyles impact the tax payer. For example I don't recall the left's outrage at separate Obama vacations, or the 4 million dollar price tag for Obama to go play golf with Tiger Woods, or Michelle's rather expensive garden. The garden that we paid people to tend for the Obamas.
I have no idea what it will cost for Barron Trump to finish out his school year in NYC. Considering the attitudes and venom coming from the left in DC I really don't blame the Trumps for keeping their son away from that environment.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:14 AM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Sounds like this is really a big middle finger to the people of NYC. The security measures that will be required around Trump Tower are going to snarl traffic and be a huge PITA.

Why is Trump raising such a fragile snowflake? Kids move. They change schools. The Obama and Clinton kids managed. Why can't a Trump kid?
The security measures around Trump Tower would still be pretty significant even if the entire family moved to Washington tomorrow as it would be the location of the president's private residence.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:58 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm not a Republican nor a Bush fan, but I do remember pictures of Bush posted next to pictures of monkeys, etc. on the internet (among other things...throwing a shoe at him for instance...although that wasn't in the U.S.).

Yes, the person who threw the shoe at him was an Iraqi.

I see you joined C-D in January 2016. You missed the thread upon thread upon thread of negative posts about the Obama family for the last eight years.

I appreciate that you are being fair about everything; I hope it lasts.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:01 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Good for them. And it's an added bonus that dirtbag, ahole NYers will be further inconvenienced.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:52 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
well , thank you so much for letting me spin it as I like!
and thanks for worrying about my thoughts on the matter even though you
don't usually spend your time like that , I don't see my condemnation though.
Most families aren't the presidential family so can't really compare , imo.
Bottom line is that this is highly unusual and if their son has challenges of any kind
it sure did bring it right to the forefront and has left some people to wonder what is so delicate about this child.
And no I am not miserable at all , let's wait and see how much time that part of his family actually ends
up spending in DC.
It's not unusual at all for parents facing relocation to make those arrangements around allowing for their children to remain in their current schools to either finish out the current year , or in the case of the Obamas, allowing a child to graduate from high school. I've known a number of families where the father moved on ahead to start a new job, and the rest of the family remained behind so the kids could finish out the school year at their current schools.

The specific arrangements each family makes to allow their children to remain in their schools are based on their own situations and knowledge of what would best work for the family members involved, and really isn't subject to judgement by others who are not involved and don't even know the involved parties. And that includes the President-Elect and his family.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If I were a Republican President, I would set up my office in Boise, Salt Lake, or Plano, Tx....no Republican should be forced to live in the crap hole place like DC full of hatred of the 150 million Deplorables.
Good idea. Keep him out of sight, out of mind.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:57 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
dirtbag, ahole NYers
Trump's a NYer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies