Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:01 PM

31,896 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Here is the latest...wonder if the feds will ever pick up the tab for protecting TT...

First Lady Melania Trump May Never Move Into the White House - Us Weekly

I keep telling you people; this presidency is Trump family business. Ivanka and her husband are running this show and as such Melania was given a sharp elbow to the sidelines.

MT is the third wife with a young child. DT already had a grown daughter and those adult boys of his; whatever roles MT fills likely extend to the traditional wifely duties. Given DT's age how often does that go on and it can be taken care of on those odd weekends MT is brought down to Washington, D.C.

To be fair IT has far more experience dealing with grand houses and their staff than MT as she at least was born into and grew up in that world. MT is still a learning while on the job process.

IT and JK also are the ones with ability to "muzzle" DT and or otherwise manage the ignorant and vulgar man either before he puts a food in his mouth, or help extract it afterwards with grace.

Finally like it or not MT has a past and it isn't going away anytime soon. Just as with Marie-Antoinette enemies of the head of state will attack the wife.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Here is the latest...wonder if the feds will ever pick up the tab for protecting TT...

First Lady Melania Trump May Never Move Into the White House - Us Weekly
Didn't we predict this?
They won't be moving due to Barron's schooling.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:10 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
If I was a billionaire I wouldn't move to that old Bungalow anyways. I would by my own island in the Caribbean and build my own Whitehouse

Old 02-01-2017, 07:11 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default .....

Quote:
Per today's New York Post. Odd quote from the article about Melania and Barron
being unusually close and having grown closer during the election? Wouldn't
you assume a mom and her 10 year old are close?
Who is going to foot the bill for the added security needed for both places? If I had to live in the same residence as a President's family I would be pissed! Will all the enemies he is making security would have to be higher then usual. I feel a little sorry for her and her son. I am pretty sure this is not what she signed up for when marrying him. Must be scary to be married to one of the most globally hated men on earth.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:33 PM

1,261 posts, read 949,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Who is going to foot the bill for the added security needed for both places? If I had to live in the same residence as a President's family I would be pissed! Will all the enemies he is making security would have to be higher then usual. I feel a little sorry for her and her son. I am pretty sure this is not what she signed up for when marrying him. Must be scary to be married to one of the most globally hated men on earth.
Before the election, it was reported to cost $400,000/day. I can't imagine that figure has changed much. That comes out to $146 million for a year, just so Melanie can avoid having to live with the Donald. Now, I don't blame her. In her shoes I'd see that as money well spent. But those are federal funds and are equal to the entire amount spent on the NEA.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:34 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
So is 5th Avenue going to be blocked for 4 years?
8-years.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Before the election, it was reported to cost $400,000/day. I can't imagine that figure has changed much. That comes out to $146 million for a year, just so Melanie can avoid having to live with the Donald. Now, I don't blame her. In her shoes I'd see that as money well spent. But those are federal funds and are equal to the entire amount spent on the NEA.
Good idea. Defund the NEA. Raise tuition for Leftist college students.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:38 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
8-years.
Oh, I expect 5th Avenue will be wide open and unobstructed long before then.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:46 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Good idea. Defund the NEA. Raise tuition for Leftist college students.
How about a test to make sure those probably Leftist college students conform to the right version of American First-ism?? That would be a really, really big idea. I mean, uuge.

Yeah, go ahead and defund the NEA! We don't need no edumation, that's for dummies. Right??

Old 02-01-2017, 09:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Well, if you think about it, in her mind, she could be doing the very best thing for her and her child. Getting both of them as far away from Donald John Trump and the authoritarian chaos that he generates, as they can.

Last edited by mohawkx; 02-01-2017 at 10:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies