Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 01:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
First, he whines about citizens daring to speak their mind to his VP after a theater performance, and now he's' upset about being poked fun at on SNL, and in a recent tweet, is demanding "equal time."

"I watched parts of @nbcsnl Saturday Night Live last night. It is a totally one-sided, biased show - nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?"

I'm so glad the right wingers coined the term "snowflake." I could never have come up with a better descriptor for our President-elect. The term fits him to a T. Who knew such a macho, ***** grabbing guy was, in actuality, such a delicate little flower?

He is in for a long and rough four years of criticism and ridicule. If he doesn't learn to grow a thick skin fast, the poor little snowflake likely will not survive it.
He can tweet away late at night.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Default Generation Snowflake

Either people are choosing to misuse the term and refer to Trump or they are just living up to the definition of the Snowflake Generation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

I have been voting for 50+ years and have NEVER seen such obnoxious behavior against a President-Elect. Hell, I didn't vote for Obama, disliked every thing he did, felt he definitely was not a leader, only a campaigner, watched him run this country like a dictator with all his executive powers, but we didn't act like infantile morons! Learn to deal with it when it doesn't go your way. AFA SNL and the Hamilton incident, they are both rude and an embarrassment to the US.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:22 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet, it didn't bother you that Obama is thin-skinned?
I don't recall seeing him blow up Twitter every time someone hurt his feelings.

Most of our past presidents have been pretty gracious about dealing with criticism, and I don't mean just Democrats. Both Bushes, particularly W, faced a lot of mockery, and for the most part, they ignored it, knowing they had more important matters to attend to.

Trump is different. When someone offends him, he behaves like a petulant child. The fact is, as a public figure, he is going to be criticized, he is going to be mocked. And at some point, he is going to have to learn to let it roll off his back and get down to the business of governing, instead of engaging in social media wars with private citizens.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:28 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Either people are choosing to misuse the term and refer to Trump or they are just living up to the definition of the Snowflake Generation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

I have been voting for 50+ years and have NEVER seen such obnoxious behavior against a President-Elect. Hell, I didn't vote for Obama, disliked every thing he did, felt he definitely was not a leader, only a campaigner, watched him run this country like a dictator with all his executive powers, but we didn't act like infantile morons! Learn to deal with it when it doesn't go your way. AFA SNL and the Hamilton incident, they are both rude and an embarrassment to the US.
You must have early onset dementia

How about this president:

Nixon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsBZhilfQc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-3sUMxDMs

or this one

GW Bush

https://youtu.be/Q-jOujNLGBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ud3DkRb1yU

That took 5 minutes to find. Your not trying very hard to be accurate.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump gave Alex Baldwin a job...
Silver lining?

Actually, the lemon-sucking expression the Baldwin Trump affects makes one wonder if Alec is really doing an impression of Barney Frank...

Old 11-20-2016, 01:48 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I have been voting for 50+ years and have NEVER seen such obnoxious behavior against a President-Elect.

SNL has been making fun of presidents and political figures for 41 years. What other president has taken it personally to the extent they've publicly whined about it?

Old 11-20-2016, 01:55 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
The alt-right Trumpfederates, that kind.

Whatever that is.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't recall seeing him blow up Twitter every time someone hurt his feelings.

Most of our past presidents have been pretty gracious about dealing with criticism, and I don't mean just Democrats. Both Bushes, particularly W, faced a lot of mockery, and for the most part, they ignored it, knowing they had more important matters to attend to.

Trump is different. When someone offends him, he behaves like a petulant child. The fact is, as a public figure, he is going to be criticized, he is going to be mocked. And at some point, he is going to have to learn to let it roll off his back and get down to the business of governing, instead of engaging in social media wars with private citizens.
Per the bolded --- You just described Obama Well done!

Barack Obama Slams Donald Trump in

Old 11-20-2016, 02:01 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
It's amazing how many liberals didn't realized that they were trolled by that twitter post. Trump essentially tricked liberals into making fun of snowflake safe spaces while exposing their hypocrisy. Oh how easily the simple-minded are manipulated.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's amazing how many liberals didn't realized that they were trolled by that twitter post. Trump essentially tricked liberals into making fun of snowflake safe spaces while exposing their hypocrisy. Oh how easily the simple-minded are manipulated.
^^^^Good point! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies