Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 08:08 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
one more time i will remind you that in teh grand scheme of things, the national popular vote counts for nothing. its the STATE popular vote that carries weight. and trump won more states than clinton did.

in the end we do have free and democratic elections, however this country is NOT repeat NOT a democracy. we are in fact a constitutional republic. how our presidents are chosen is spelled out in our constitution.

now whether or not you agree with it doesnt matter, its the rules of the game we all play by. now if oyu wish to change the rules for the next presidential election, then give it your best shot. all you need to do is get the constitution amended to change they way presidents are elected. you just need to get 2/3rds of congress to vote in favor of your bill, get the president to sign it, and then get 38 states to ratify the amendment. and i can tell you that you will NEVER get 38 states to turn over their power to a few large states.

I am well aware of all of this as I was a political science major. The system clearly worked as designed. The question is whether the will of the people being denied twice in 16 years shows whether the constitution is in fact a flawed document. Don't forget that it was written in a time when most countries did not have a free and fair vote. In 21st century America, the 21st century world, it is embarrassing when the candidate who got the most votes is not elected president. And in this case, she won the popular vote by more than a million votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 08:12 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I am well aware of all of this as I was a political science major. The system clearly worked as designed. The question is whether the will of the people being denied twice in 16 years shows whether the constitution is in fact a flawed document. Don't forget that it was written in a time when most countries did not have a free and fair vote. In 21st century America, the 21st century world, it is embarrassing when the candidate who got the most votes is not elected president. And in this case, she won the popular vote by more than a million votes.
So you think California should drive the results of the other 49 states ? The most liberal state in the country where you can show up with a utility bill and vote ? What's embarrassing about a system that has worked for decades ?

Old 11-20-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So you think California should drive the results of the other 49 states ? The most liberal state in the country where you can show up with a utility bill and vote ? What's embarrassing about a system that has worked for decades ?
No, I never said that. All I said was that she won the popular vote by 1.7 million votes. Second time this has happened in 16 years.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:47 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Some estimates say there were three million illegal votes potentially cast...and since we absolutely cannot trust the media for good information all I can say is

She lost.. fair and square..and she will never be president

In looking at some current pictures she looks horrible.. physically unwell

Im glad we didnt have a puppet woman

Old 11-20-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Some estimates say there were three million illegal votes potentially cast...and since we absolutely cannot trust the media for good information all I can say is

She lost.. fair and square..and she will never be president

In looking at some current pictures she looks horrible.. physically unwell

Im glad we didnt have a puppet woman

If you think there were illegal votes cast how can you say definitively that trump won? How do we know that the illegal votes were not for trump?

Old 11-20-2016, 09:15 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
If you think there were illegal votes cast how can you say definitively that trump won? How do we know that the illegal votes were not for trump?
Illegals voting for Trump ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE

Old 11-20-2016, 09:16 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
I personally don't care.

Goodbye Hillary Clinton.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I personally don't care.

Goodbye Hillary Clinton.

Goodbye to the popular vote winner.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:39 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
This thread is hilarious. If the situation was reversed, every post arguing its current case would be arguing the opposite.

C'mon, you know it's true.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
This thread is hilarious. If the situation was reversed, every post arguing its current case would be arguing the opposite.

C'mon, you know it's true.

But the situation isn't reversed. Twice in 16 years the republican has won the presidency undemocratically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies