Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 03:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Holy crap what a thread fail.

You've got T-310, the Arch-Authoritarian Statist-Corporatist, advocating for the state-sponsored murder of anyone who does things he doesn't personally approve of and metaphorically fellating the pharmaceutical industry.

You've got notmeofficer, who, instead of advocating for education, harm reduction, and moderation, is an insane absolutist with a prohibitionist agenda (protecting his livelihood), thinks there's no such thing as moderate and responsible usage, and accuses others of being cannabis addicts who probably vomit all the time.

You've got branDcalf, who seems like a borderline nice person who just "doesn't understand" and doesn't want to touch any substance him/herself yet for some reason can't help but try and force those opinions on everyone else.

You've got scirocco, who used to use cannabis but is now a prohibitionist lecturing us about how "insidious" cannabis is and how anyone who uses it is "living in a fake world" and how the "lack of sleep" it somehow causes is the REAL problem.

You've got Vector1 jumping into the fray with a dire warning about cannibalism potentially being a side effect of cannabis consumption.

Stoners justifying destroying brain cells is the epic fail and what those same stoners don't get is society picking up the tab for their personal Chou. That pisses me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
But would it stop people from drinking? No. See: Prohibition Era

So why do you think the same approach works with Marijuana? Let's hear it.

Aside that, condolences for your loss. It does give perspective now that you mention that.
I am 100% against any intoxicants and very vocal about it especially when I see the human refuse.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
15-20 years ago, I'd smoke more pot than I care to admit on this forum.

I NEVER ONCE puked from smoking it.

I'd get hungry, thirsty, anxious, short-term memory would be shot, etc. I never even experienced hallucinations from it. There is no symptoms of withdrawal, except a psychological want to get high again which mostly was due to social influence wanting to hang out with friends. There are no symptoms even CLOSE to that of alcohol withdrawal. I have an alcoholic family member that has gone through the cycles of rehab.

No one would ever get violent. You don't see that side effect with Alcohol. The list of differences goes on and on.

My guess is people are smoking stuff that is laced with something else.

I'll also add that currently I'm continuing the trend of being one of the top students in my class in the physical sciences. There was no long-term memory loss effects as of today. I know of people that abused LSD many years ago in which I can't say the same for them. Their brains are fried.

I have no desire to smoke the stuff anymore. I am in no hurry to feel like I'm a dementia patient. With that said, they just need to legalize it already so we can focus on more important things.

Companies can still test for the drug for employment. We won't have the walking dead prowling the streets.

I've smoked pot for over 30 years and not one single time did I ever puke from pot. I've puked my brains out on alcohol..!!!!! in fact till this day one of the sickest times in my life was caused by alcohol, and that was 30 years ago...

Old 11-22-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Do you know how many quack doctors are out there prescribing opiates by the hundreds of pills every month to so called patients with pain problems.?? it's at epidemic levels!!! pot is not physically addicting like opiates, the legalization of pot would mean less people being addicted to opiates..

people like you have been fully brainwashed. nothing I can do for you but you and people like you should stop spouting hyperbole fear mongering lies..

Medical Marijuana Laws Lead to Drops in Painkillers

Pharmaceutical companies fight marijuana legalization to keep patients addicted to opioid painkillers - NaturalNews.com
Natural news, the same idiots against vaccines. Your source sucks.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:48 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It's the tired old meme that stoners use to justify their use of dope.

My brother drank himself to death. If I could ban alcohol I would.
Too bad your brother didn't use pot instead. He'd still be alive today.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:51 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Stoners justifying destroying brain cells is the epic fail and what those same stoners don't get is society picking up the tab for their personal Chou.
Here's what you don't get: what I do with my brain cells in my home is my business, not yours. There's no "cost to society." You really ought to have your creepy, militant need to control others looked at...

Old 11-22-2016, 04:07 PM

307 posts, read 246,007 times
Quote:
Go light up a bong and lose yourself and your mind.

One day I will step over whats left of your worthless body and laugh.
Aww did I strike a nerve... Maybe you need a safe space... Oh look there's one over there just past that ledge... Go check it out

I'll be alive long after you're gone...

Old 11-23-2016, 05:25 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,167,747 times
Quote:
I am 100% against any intoxicants and very vocal about it especially when I see the human refuse.
I understand, but like you said with prescription drugs, if you don't like them, don't use them. Some people have chosen to abuse legal substances. Tragic as it is, it is ultimately their decision. Legislation won't prevent addiction or help addicts, it will only label them as criminals and give them all of the added baggage that comes along with it. Surely having seen alcoholism before you, you know the first thing addicts need is help, not punishment, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Too bad your brother didn't use pot instead. He'd still be alive today.
Be sensitive, damn. You'll never convince someone of your argument if you don't show any decency.

No wonder our country is so divided. We're not taking the time to understand the personal context behind someone's personal views, we just jump straight to demonizing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies