Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:18 PM

934 posts, read 1,342,917 times

Advertisements

tic for tac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,322,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Well when you are enslaved raped oppressed for half a millennia striking back at your oppressor's is only reasonable.
Ridiculous. Slavery went away in this country over 150 years ago. The civil rights movement was over 50 years ago. Idiots like this thug who shot that police officer grew up in an era where being black means easier access to higher education and jobs than whites. This guy was just a criminal thug. I hope they put him in the chair and toast him.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:40 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Where I am from there is plenty of outrage. What you don't have is people justifying targeting cops and killing them. Post #3 I believe, for example, sought to justify the murder of a cop.
The same group of people that have such a problem with black people taking a stand against police brutality were cheering on the Bundy gang for standing up to the bureau of land management.. We both know why...

Old 11-22-2016, 02:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,856,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The same group of people that have such a problem with black people taking a stand against police brutality were cheering on the Bundy gang for standing up to the bureau of land management.. We both know why...
Standing up to the Fed in a protest is a far cry from targeting cops for murder, or justifying those who do. I personally found the Bundy Protest a joke and an embarrassment. I do believe that the Bureau of Land Management was in the wrong as well. They charge a steep price for use of public land that the Bureau does little to manage. That said Bundy should have paid the fees anyway. If the price is too high don't use the service.
Taking a stand against police brutality. I think you know that I routinely post against excessive use of force by cops, and that there are far too many deaths by cops in this country. Cops should be investigated with the same or more intensity that they investigate civilians. Imagine if a pair of home owners fired 30 or 40 rounds at an intruder, killing said intruder. I struggle to believe that the police would treat it the same way they do when it is a pair of brother cops shooting at a perp.

What I will never seek to justify is targeting cops for murder. Most whites that I know also take a hard stand against such behavior and will join ranks with the police when such an event happens, regardless of the race of the shooter.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:15 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Can you cite some examples of hatred of white people? Tip: Not being treated better than others is not hatred.
If it was the other way around it would be.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
White supremacy is the greatest threat in the history of the world.. That said, where is the outrage when white folks kill cops? The entire white nationalist ecosphere seems to turn a blind eye... And yes, Black lives matter is a serious threat to white nationalism.. It is so...

KING: Where's all the outrage when white men kill police? - NY Daily News

nydailynews, thank you for speaking truth to power....

Black Lives Matter...
Surely you jest, a handful of green toothed KKK members and a few skinheads are of no threat.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:25 AM

Here lies the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ZRj_a_2qM

Old 11-23-2016, 11:13 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
When the military are called in to police our streets and keep citizens safe, because fewer people choose police officer as a career move ... then we will have yet, another problem and the blame game continues for yet another round.

It has been said that society has gone through a period of enlightenment. I have yet to see it, anywhere ... where people come together and kill one another.

We are a society that has created some magnificent creations, and yet we haven't the brains or the will power to stop the killings. Rather than put a stop to it, people would rather justify it. That's the best this global society can offer, justifications.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:26 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
I wonder if there was this much outrage over all the white men killed police officers this month.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:29 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,287 times
Democrats need to stop killing cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies