Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 10:49 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,952,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I'll ask again what you conveniently ignored/didn't quote in my previous post:

But your concern seems genuine. I trust you will take in one or 2 of these people yourself and provide for them given your great concern and walk the walk and be the change you want to see in the world without preaching to others and their dollars to handle it/do the same?
Its totally irrelevant how many thousands of people will try to help the millions of elderly you want to starve to death. The point is that only the federal government has the resources to properly ensure that we dont live in a third world hellhole where the most vulnerable citizens are not treated like garbage. Grown-ups understand this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 10:54 PM

42,833 posts, read 26,218,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
He's one man who's called for privatization in the past.
You claim that:
Are you saying that Leppert all by himself = "filling up the SS Administration with big time cutters who are on the payroll of Wall St."?
Here's a few articles about it, I'm sure there are others:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/10/...s-privatizers/

Trump taps economists, investors for transition team | TheHill

Forbes Welcome

A clue on Trump's Social Security promises in landing team | Washington Examiner

Old 11-21-2016, 10:55 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,461,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its totally irrelevant how many thousands of people will try to help the millions of elderly you want to starve to death. The point is that only the federal government has the resources to properly ensure that we dont live in a third world hellhole where the most vulnerable citizens are not treated like garbage. Grown-ups understand this!
Alert....the federal gov, ie we the people, are almost 20 trillion in the hole. There's negative "resources", hello?

And look at the SS and medicaid/medicare how much in the hole they are in.

"Grown-ups" understand finance 101 and what a beyond broke system looks like that you champion. Unsustainable on its current path. Managed by the inept bought and sold system you trust and apparently still trust and favor.

So I think it's time for you to walk the walk and start inviting those you care so much about into your house to fund, cloth, house, and feed them. The system is broke. The "closed for business" sign is on the window.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:59 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,952,329 times
Quote:
Alert....the federal gov, ie we the people, are almost 20 trillion in the hole. There's negative "resources", hello?

And look at the SS and medicaid/medicare how much in the hole they are in.

Grown-ups understand finance 101 and what a beyond broke system looks like that you champion.

Time to walk the walk and start inviting those you care so much about into your house to fund, cloth, house, and feed them. The system is broke.
Keep drinking that donor class kool aid. Do you believe they wont come for your source of income next? Is that why you buy into their propaganda? A couple of dozen families control the entire political and economic system of America. Ordinary folks are like pesky ants who can be crushed at any time by these people.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Well, many utilities help with heating bills, electricty, tax brakes, food stamps, medicaid exists for health care, etc. for poor people so I have no idea what planet you are addressing us from. Perhaps you want it all wrapped in a gold box and pretty bow?

But your concern seems genuine. I trust you will take in one or 2 of these people yourself and provide for them given your great concern and walk the walk and be the change you want to see in the world without preaching to others and their dollars to handle it/do the same?
No, there is no realistic substitute for any cut to social security or medicare for the poorest seniors, and save me with the 'poor planning' BS. What are you going to do, tell an 80 year old to go live in a tent somewhere because they didn't pass your planning test?

PS You put "brakes" on your car, if you give someone a discount, you give them a "break"

Old 11-21-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, there is no realistic substitute for any cut to social security or medicare for the poorest seniors, and save me with the 'poor planning' BS. What are you going to do, tell an 80 year old to go live in a tent somewhere because they didn't pass your planning test?

PS You put "brakes" on your car, if you give someone a discount, you give them a "break"
Thanks for the spelling lesson. I didn't know about that spelling difference.

btw, I said nothing about the "poor planning bs". You imagine lots of text that isn't there. I stated our country is broke/can't afford the current path of these programs.

As per the bolded text, no. What I'd tell them, given your concern, along with PCALMIKE, is how about you walking the walk/be the change you want to see in the world and cloth, fund, shelter, and feed these people.

We anxiously await your example given your great concern on the matter instead of volunteering the resources of others by a entity that currently "manages" it all that couldn't find its way out of a paper bag.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Alert....the federal gov, ie we the people, are almost 20 trillion in the hole. There's negative "resources", hello? And look at the SS and medicaid/medicare how much in the hole they are in. "Grown-ups" understand finance 101 and what a beyond broke system looks like that you champion. Unsustainable on its current path. Managed by the inept bought and sold system you trust and apparently still trust and favor. So I think it's time for you to walk the walk and start inviting those you care so much about into your house to fund, cloth, house, and feed them. The system is broke. The "closed for business" sign is on the window.
yep...keep drinking the kool aid

The 2016 report of Medicare’s trustees finds that Medicare’s Hospital Insurance (HI) trust fund will remain solvent — that is, able to pay 100 percent of the costs of the hospital insurance coverage that Medicare provides — through 2028. Even in 2028, when the HI trust fund is projected for exhaustion, incoming payroll taxes and other revenue will still be sufficient to pay 87 percent of Medicare hospital insurance costs.[1]

The Social Security Trustees estimate that likely starting in 2034 - 19 years from now - the program will no longer have enough revenue coming in to pay out 100% of promised benefits to retirees on Social Security.

Medicaid is a state program. It's long term solvency depends upon the overall health of the economy in each state. Oklahoma when faced with a 1.3 billion dollar budget shortfall chose to cut medicaid and social service spending rather than reverse the tax cuts that helped turn a surplus into a deficit, if they fall into the same hole again I'm sure they will once again go after those same programs. California however projects a 2.8 billion dollar budget surplus

Old 11-21-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yep...keep drinking the kool aid

The 2016 report of Medicare’s trustees finds that Medicare’s Hospital Insurance (HI) trust fund will remain solvent — that is, able to pay 100 percent of the costs of the hospital insurance coverage that Medicare provides — through 2028. Even in 2028, when the HI trust fund is projected for exhaustion, incoming payroll taxes and other revenue will still be sufficient to pay 87 percent of Medicare hospital insurance costs.[1]

The Social Security Trustees estimate that likely starting in 2034 - 19 years from now - the program will no longer have enough revenue coming in to pay out 100% of promised benefits to retirees on Social Security.

Medicaid is a state program. It's long term solvency depends upon the overall health of the economy in each state. Oklahoma when faced with a 1.3 billion dollar budget shortfall chose to cut medicaid and social service spending rather than reverse the tax cuts that helped turn a surplus into a deficit, if they fall into the same hole again I'm sure they will once again go after those same programs. California however projects a 2.8 billion dollar budget surplus
Key words, "estimate" and "projections".

And since none of us can predict the future and all the wrenches that can get thrown in all along the way, I trust none of it except more ineptness unless some major changes are made to the way the programs are managed.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Key words, "estimate" and "projections".

And since none of us can predict the future and all the wrenches that can get thrown in all along the way, I trust none of it except more ineptness unless some major changes are made to the way the programs are managed.
absolutely! It's much better to just make stuff up as you go along

Old 11-21-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
We anxiously await your example given your great concern on the matter instead of volunteering the resources of others by a entity that currently "manages" it all that couldn't find its way out of a paper bag.
That sir, is a nonsensical response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies