Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 10:26 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
There are safety nets in our nation to prevent starving in our nation and they aren't going away. You're being over-dramatic. Besides the gov, many charity/private and religious organizations are lending a big hand here for those who want help. So relax with the drama.
Absolutely not. Bills must be paid, medicine must be paid for, heating is costly, to claim that seniors will not starve to death is callous wickedness. Charities? Dont make us laugh. Lets see which charity will fund medicines and heating bills for tens of millions of seniors, especially in rural areas! Trump voters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Practically every post you make is about the justification of taking from others.
Taxes are only "taking from others" in the Darwinian madness some libertarians believe they will benefit from. Why dont you go live in the forest without contact with other people if you hate civilization so much and dont want to pay taxes?

Funny how the biggest crony capitalists are the biggest funders of this morally bankrupt ideology which promotes mass poverty, crime and child prostitution on a massive scale.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Taxes are only "taking from others" in the Darwinian madness some libertarians believe they will benefit from.

Funny how the biggest crony capitalists are the biggest funders of this morally bankrupt ideology which promotes mass poverty, crime and child prostitution on a massive scale.
Envy and jealousy allows people to justify unlimited taking from others.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Envy and jealousy allows people to justify unlimited taking from others.
You are better off handing your money straight to the Koch brothers instead of voting for their libertarian/conservative puppets. Working stiffs supporting libertarianism is a mind blowing phenomenon which should be analyzed more carefully.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:37 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Bills must be paid, medicine must be paid for, heating is costly, to claim that seniors will not starve to death is callous wickedness. Charities? Dont make us laugh. Lets see which charity will fund medicines and heating bills for tens of millions of seniors, especially in rural areas! Trump voters!
Well, many utilities help with heating bills, electricty, tax brakes, food stamps, medicaid exists for health care, etc. for poor people so I have no idea what planet you are addressing us from. Perhaps you want it all wrapped in a gold box and pretty bow?

But your concern seems genuine. I trust you will take in one or 2 of these people yourself and provide for them given your great concern and walk the walk and be the change you want to see in the world without preaching to others and their dollars to handle it/do the same?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Taxes are only "taking from others" in the Darwinian madness some libertarians believe they will benefit from. Why dont you go live in the forest without contact with other people if you hate civilization so much and dont want to pay taxes?

Here is a question for you, what do you believe should be the maximum percentage of taxes when you add up all federal, state and local taxes.

So if a person makes $1 million a year, what percentage of that income should government at all level be entitled? 30%, 50%, 75%? How much do you think would be fair?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
You are better off handing your money straight to the Koch brothers instead of voting for their libertarian/conservative puppets. Working stiffs supporting libertarianism is a mind blowing phenomenon which should be analyzed more carefully.
Only the government can take your money and give it to corporations, and you seem to love this idea. I should have the right to give my money to whomever I choose, it should be my choice. You want to take away choice and allow the government to hand it over to whomever they choose, and they choose a lot of corporations.

They sure have you fooled.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Well, many utilities help with heating bills, electricty, tax brakes, food stamps, medicaid exists for health care, etc. so I have no idea what planet you are addressing us from.
You really are delusional if you think this is something the elderly can rely on. You think tens of millions of poor and desperate elderly can beg the utility corporations for "help"?

Food stamps? Medicaid? Do you even support any of this? Funny how right wingers use food stamps and medicaid as excuses to dismantle SS! Like those programs are loved by right wingers!

Just admit that the conservative/libertarian agenda is morally bankrupt and geared towards bitter people who want to live in the forest without civilization.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
You really are delusional if you think this is something the elderly can rely on. You think tens of millions of poor and desperate elderly can beg the utility corporations for "help"?

Food stamps? Medicaid? Do you even support any of this? Funny how right wingers use food stamps and medicaid as excuses to dismantle SS! Like those programs are loved by right wingers!

Just admit that the conservative/libertarian agenda is morally bankrupt and geared towards bitter people who want to live in the forest without civilization.
I'll ask again what you conveniently ignored/didn't quote in my previous post:

But your concern seems genuine. I trust you will take in one or 2 of these people yourself and provide perpetual food, shelter, pay for their health care, etc given your great concern and walk the walk and be the change you want to see in the world without preaching to others that their dollars should handle it?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Only the government can take your money and give it to corporations, and you seem to love this idea. I should have the right to give my money to whomever I choose, it should be my choice. You want to take away choice and allow the government to hand it over to whomever they choose, and they choose a lot of corporations.

They sure have you fooled.
Ridiculous. You pay into SS. SS pay it to those who are eligible. They dont give it to corporations. You on the other hand believe private tyrannies known as corporations wont be able to take your money which is absurd. You advocate pure monopolistic tyranny. Who do you think write anti-trust legislation when you dont have any power over any of the politicians that represent you (in name only)? It will be the Koch brothers who write that legislation. Not you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies