Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 07:36 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
We should not be normalizing Islam which believes in rape, murder, and pedophilia.
But Trump has sexually assaulted at least 11 women and just admitted fraud screwing students at Trump University. I guess when the Orange One does it, no problem with you, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:37 PM

16,594 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Boy, they are hard to boycott, but they have 2 major strikes against them:

1. Jeff Bezos owns WaPo which is nothing but an anti-Trump tabloid.
2. Their new ad tries to morally equate murderous Islam with peaceful Christianity
I wasn't aware he owned the Washington Post, otherwise I would have boycotted them a long time ago. Not so much because of them being anti-Trump, but any new outlet must be held to account for not being neutral and balanced.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:39 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
that's absolutely untrue, the religion of Islam does not advocate any of those, why not take an hour out of your busy schedule and go to a local Mosque and ask the Imam about it rather accepting the crap you read on WND or Breitbart as being factual
Not who you were talking to, but if you take the teachings and life of the Prophet Muhammad at face value, it does in fact outright encourage such acts.

Including getting big breasted babes in heaven for killing infidels.

72 Virgins - WikiIslam

I disagree with the Alt-Left that considers it bigoted to factually point out that ISIS and similar terrorists are reading Islam's holy words literally.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you were talking to, but if you take the teachings and life of the Prophet Muhammad at face value, it does in fact outright encourage such acts.
72 Virgins - WikiIslam
I disagree with the Alt-Left that considers it bigoted to factually point out that ISIS and similar terrorists are reading Islam's holy words literally.
And if you took the bible literally you would find some pretty raunchy stuff there too but I really don't want to engage you in this discussion, it will not lead to any logical conclusion and will just be filled with nonsense about the 'alt-left' whatever the heck that is. So with that said, I hope you have a good evening

Old 11-21-2016, 07:49 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:

72 Virgins - WikiIslam

As opposed to those who thought killing homosexuals, adulterers, fornicators, and non-believers was OK because the Bible said so?

Old 11-21-2016, 07:52 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:

72 Virgins - WikiIslam

Okay but the Branch Davidians read the bible and came to some pretty bizarre conclusions. They died in the Waco compound.

Jim Jones was a Methodist preacher for a time. Responsible for over 900 deaths

FLDS promotes child rape and polygamy.

And that is not ever reaching back more than 20 or 30 years YET we don't paint all Christians as these folks were.

Doubtless Islamic Radicalism is a huge issue the world over. It's ideology backwards and violent. However the two most populated Muslim countries - Indonesia and India are largely very peaceful. Let's try not to generalize too much lest we sound discriminatory.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:58 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
An ad with an underlying eeeevvilll undertone....

Big boobs of 72 virgins....

and the killing of homosexuals, adulterers, fornicators and non-believers.....

dang.... the atheists seem boring...

Old 11-21-2016, 07:58 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I boycott all boycotts.
Me too!! It's just another way to shut down any conversation. I don't care what people's personal beliefs are as long as they aren't murderous, if they make a good product I will buy it. People have different opinions, and I can respectfully listen and even sometimes get swayed by their views. Shutting down speech means you don't want to grow or expand your minds. To me, this is one of the aspects I hate about the SJW who get people fired for some perceived insult or unproven accusation.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:02 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
As opposed to those who thought killing homosexuals, adulterers, fornicators, and non-believers was OK because the Bible said so?
I don't think you want to ask these people that question, the answer may shock you.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
If you are going to boycott every company that believes that Islam is just a religion like Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism etc, you are going to be left with the gift shop at a trump hotel for your shopping needs.
You can get a set of 2 Trump pom poms for $10. Proudly made in America! Just in time for Christmas!

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/produc...t-pom-set-of-2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies