Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 08:26 AM

435 posts, read 430,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I've SEEN many more Christian men beat their wives.

Your point?

You know what they say about glass houses, right?

The Latest Trend In Christianity: Beating Your Wife For Jesus | Crooks and Liars

Jesus wept: There were 12 reported incidents of Christian pastors molesting kids

"A conference to arrange child marriages for Christian homeschoolers will be held in Kansas this fall.
Fundamentalist and conservative evangelical parents will meet in Wichita, Kansas, this November to arrange marriages for their teen daughters."

Conference Will Arrange Child Marriages For Christian Homeschoolers

We aren't judging ALL Christians by these outliers are we?

As for the OP, do what feels right to you.
I doubt that an organized boycott will take off, particularly at this time of year, but hey, worth a try if you feel that strongly.
Statistically speaking you can't compare what wide swaths of Muslims believe and the human right violations they commit to a handful of examples above.

That is the difference. These issues are not equivalent. Not in the year 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
OP...Amazon just got the news about your decision and filed for bankruptcy.

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Liberalism has become an anti-American scourge bent on destruction of this sovereign nation and citizenship in favor of globalism and world citizenship. It is the duty of every citizen, who wants to remain a citizen of the USA, to oppose it in anyway possible, within their means, as they see fit.
hell yes brother, fascism is the way. down with liberalism.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:28 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5b3fa95...39%3Bsuch.html

Didn't realize this was a thing... Watch movies, listen to "videos"... I have had Amazon Prime for a long time to know its movies are crap, its music service is great but too proprietary... I don't know what "reup" means perhaps you are going to spend an extra 10-20k a year...

Old 11-22-2016, 08:28 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Liberalism has become an anti-American scourge bent on destruction of this sovereign nation and citizenship in favor of globalism and world citizenship. It is the duty of every citizen, who wants to remain a citizen of the USA, to oppose it in anyway possible, within their means, as they see fit.

For those that tend to be thoughtful about what their money supports boycotting Amazon won't be difficult especially if they don't use it much anyway. If you don't use it. Don't start. You won't miss a thing. Some may find other avenues and pursuing them a better choice. Many people doing a little bit has an overall impact. It was easy for me stop buying on Amazon. I can get the same items without them often at equal or better price. I stopped using them two years ago and haven't suffered in the least.
Can you please expand on how Amazon, or is it liberalism, is an " anti-American scourge bent on destruction of this sovereign nation and citizenship in favor of globalism and world citizenship." Maybe give some examples but first define liberalism and how it is connected to Amazon Prime. This should be interesting if you are up for the task!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:33 AM

435 posts, read 430,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Trump should totally speak out against doing business in Dubai.
Oh, wait.

Dubai real estate: Trump win sends US investors flocking to emirateAMEInfo
If Trump says anything anti-Muslim, he is branded a xenophobic. This topic is about Amazon/Jeff Bezos and IMO the oversimplification of Christian/Muslim relations in that commercial just released.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:36 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Is there a media that is neutral and balanced?
yes! WND, Breitbart & RT (Russian Times) tsk tsk I thought you knew that

Old 11-22-2016, 08:36 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, what a horrible ad. It promotes loving one another, just as Christ taught. What good conservative Christian would buy into that crap that Jesus preached anyway? Certainly not the Christians who voted for Trump, that's for sure. They seem to favor the Old Testament God of anger and violence and retribution.

Many Christians in America sure give Christ a bad name.

Oh, and OP, trust me on this, Amazon doesn't give a crap that you canceled your account.
Nice add, message of peace and acceptance.

AMZ now selling at $788 per share up $8, no noticeable effect from this large boycott across the land. LOL

Old 11-22-2016, 08:39 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
it means im going to re up my membership because it expires in december. my re-up makes your cancellation irrelevant.

amazon prime actually has in my opinion a better movie catalog then netflix. prime now has spectre and series that netflix makes you rent dvd's like the americans, wire and other hbo shows. i know as i have both.

and like i said, i can order whatever i want at the best price and have it delivered to my house in 2 hrs.

have fun driving to your local mall and paying 10 percent more.
I don't buy movies... "re up" means you continue your membership... so let me explain a little something... last week, Amazon had 2 memberships (me and you) and now this week they have 1 membership (just you)... in December (memberships are auto-renew, so you don't need to "re up" it) it will still be 1... it doesn't make my cancellation irrelevant... now if you said, that you are a NEW member, than it would but it really won't because you don't spend nearly as much as I do... I have SlingTV and will likely switch to Hulu Live Streaming TV later... I am not saying that Amazon is going to be hurt by me leaving... 10-20k a year is not much to them, but it will hurt if more people leave... which is where I am getting at...

Old 11-22-2016, 08:39 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
We should not be normalizing Islam which believes in rape, murder, and pedophilia.
We are normalizing Neo Nazis and white supremacists, who we now call "Alt Right"

I'll buy more from Amazon now, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies