Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 04:27 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,352,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You got that right. The protest is growing. The government is going to lose this one.

Veterans
So nothing on the link I provided with the Environmental Assessment you claimed didn't happen??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 05:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,177,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
So nothing on the link I provided with the Environmental Assessment you claimed didn't happen??
I feel I am arguing with a fifteen year old.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:56 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,574,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
And they spent millions of dollars in bribes to the Department of Defense to ignore federal law and approve a massive construction project without an Environmental Impact Study. They are spending millions of dollars to arm and equip a private army to intimidate the natives. Their attitude is, "Money talks and bull**** walks," and they think they should be the only ones with an opinion because they have the money.
DoD? A petroleum transport line with no EIS? Private army? Now, I know the history of the US government and private industry. In the 1800s and early 19s it was the banks and railroads with mining thrown in for good measure. The corruption was quite overt and the muscle wasn't just flexed on the Indians. I'm not a huge cheerleader for the government. However, the stuff you're putting up here has me doing my Mr. Spock.

Is this all coming from the same source that you got the ductile iron construction bit from? Because that tidbit casts a LOT of doubt against anything you're claiming, and it sticks like gooey pasta. It speaks to you not checking facts and posting things you don't actually know anything about. Just using terminology that sounds good for the narrative. Isn't it rather difficult to convince people of the truth when you don't know what the truth is?

Old 11-23-2016, 06:45 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,352,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
DoD? A petroleum transport line with no EIS? Private army? Now, I know the history of the US government and private industry. In the 1800s and early 19s it was the banks and railroads with mining thrown in for good measure. The corruption was quite overt and the muscle wasn't just flexed on the Indians. I'm not a huge cheerleader for the government. However, the stuff you're putting up here has me doing my Mr. Spock.

Is this all coming from the same source that you got the ductile iron construction bit from? Because that tidbit casts a LOT of doubt against anything you're claiming, and it sticks like gooey pasta. It speaks to you not checking facts and posting things you don't actually know anything about. Just using terminology that sounds good for the narrative. Isn't it rather difficult to convince people of the truth when you don't know what the truth is?
But Facebook says it's all true.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:22 PM

16,875 posts, read 10,536,709 times
Where are the Oathkeepers?

Old 11-23-2016, 10:18 PM

22,626 posts, read 24,482,011 times
It's on private property, it is a money-shakedown......they want something!

Old 11-23-2016, 10:21 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,750 times
How come all the white people that claim to be native american aren't out there supporting their people?

Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,574,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
But Facebook says it's all true.
Oh yea. I forgot. Social media is the only source for these protesters to get out the truth. Having worked a LOT with ACOE and in DoD for most of my working career in plumbing/pipe fitting I can say that both agencies can put of stuff that's dumber than a bag of hammers in the way of specs on projects. But, never have I seen anything on the level of lunacy he's claiming here.

ACoE does listen to its contractors. They can be ...obstinate...on specifications (the government as a whole does not like to admit error) but a SNAFU on the level he's describing would NOT go unhallenged. Contractors must guarantee their work. Regardless of what the specs say, and even if the work is straight to spec, if it leaks they have to fix it at their cost. There are caveats to that, but all in all errors will be addressed.

ACoE may have about the least field experienced engineers, but I can't see even them specifically naming ductile iron as a material for a project like this. A line of this size and type will need things like expansion joints and serious valving, (shutoffs, checks, even pressure reducing and regulators of massive proportion) that ductile just will NOT accomodate. Nor is the material approved for such application from the manufacturer on up.

Thus even the suggestion it was even considered for this pronect, by anyone, makes me call total BS. Thus, any "information" posted by anyone who could buy that much BS and accept it as gospel is more than suspect. As a field installer, I've had my share of bumping heads with engineers. But they've gotten better over the last 20 years or so with engineering firms, including ACoE, requiring that before being sent to the design floor, even with a degree from Super Duper University, an engineer must have a requisite amount of field experience. Hands on. That has made for way better designers.

So, our ever so in the know poster here will have to forgive me if I don't see Facebook as a credible source here. For anything related to this project, from supposed "rubber stamped" specs to worms eye on the protest. I'd be embarrassed to have put up that stuff.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:35 AM

1,008 posts, read 486,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
How come all the white people that claim to be native american aren't out there supporting their people?
Elizabeth Warren is busy nesting in her piles of money.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:38 AM

1,008 posts, read 486,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Where are the Oathkeepers?
This is not their fight.

it's not the protesters either, but hey, who's keeping score?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies