Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 09:37 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,614,001 times

Advertisements

Here is some perspective on the location of the protest. This is a new map of the area, showing historical boundaries and the current location of the Standing Rock protest.

A #NoDAPL Map | The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 12:58 PM

18,150 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Here's another one. I have to wonder if the oil company hid this from the regulators because they didn't want to prove the Standing Rock protesters had it right. This is not an old pipeline. With no sensors, they didn't even know they had a leak until the farmer told them.

Massive Oil Pipeline Leak Under North Dakota Farmer's Fields Proves DAPL Pipeline Cannot Be "Safe" - Counter Current News
EPA regs (the CFR) have caveats regarding spills that every company that deals with any sort of hazardous material uses to their advantage. Depending on the type of material, amount that spills, and a few other things whether it's even labeled a "spill" can be open for debate. Companies usually have entire teams dedicated to handling these situations from a regulatory standpoint.

If people actually knew how many outfits spill hair curling methyl ethyl death on the ground into waterways (the latter has a whole seperate set of laws) and bury it under the regs as inconsequential and/or non reportable they would be raising eyebrows.

Since the first responders to such incidents usually work for the company as to the ones supervising said response, a LOT goes flying right under EPAs radar.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:47 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,723,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Here is some perspective on the location of the protest. This is a new map of the area, showing historical boundaries and the current location of the Standing Rock protest.

A #NoDAPL Map | The Huffington Post
do you expect anyone to take a link off of the huffington post seriously? especially one that cites the "majority white community" in the legend, and actually refers to a pipeline as the "black snake?" give me a break.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
The riffraff will be cleared away and the pipeline will be built.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:07 PM

38,622 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Disgusting.

Funny how the price of otherwise worthless land skyrockets when it becomes an ancient Native American burial site.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Funny how the price of otherwise worthless land skyrockets when it becomes an ancient Native American burial site.
If I own the land I should be able to put whatever price I want on it. Pay up or stay off.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:09 PM

34,696 posts, read 16,724,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If I own the land I should be able to put whatever price I want on it. Pay up or stay off.
Not if there's a likely element of fraud involved. For all we know the Native Americans probably dug pits when someone died, put the body into the pit after an appropriate ritual, and covered the pit. That means the entire continent, literally, could be an "ancient Native American burial site." I just finished reading a Carl Hiaasen novel, Razor Girl, which in part satirized the use of bogus ancient Native American burial sites to obstruct the building of a house on a neighbor's piece of land. There is massive opportunity here for fraudulent claims.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Government now saying they will not be forcibly removing anyone.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 AM

18,150 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
do you expect anyone to take a link off of the huffington post seriously? especially one that cites the "majority white community" in the legend, and actually refers to a pipeline as the "black snake?" give me a break.

Lmao. Oh my! A White writer trying to be a Man Called Horse. Well, maybe he (could be a she maybe) was adopted into some tribe or another. Black snake. Puuuleeaase. As if American Indians still talk that way. What a patronizing piece.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:08 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,986,625 times
Well the protesters were getting a little gamey...but they declined on using soap for fear it would pollute the surrounding area with their foulness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies