Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do about the Democrats/Buffet's tax breaks for private jets?
Make the rich Jet Owners pay more, INCREASE the taxes on private jets - I agree with Buffet's perpetual stance 2 66.67%
Extend the tax breaks for private jets, these loopholes are great for business - I agree with Buffet's 2016 stance 0 0%
Let the tax breaks expire and simply revert back to their old levels - I agree with Buffet's 2010 stance 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:33 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

Under a TOTAL Democratic control early in Obama's presidency, Warren Buffet spent $2.5 Million lobbying for tax breaks for private jet owners. A private jet company that Buffet owns chipped in another $1.5 Million. The Democrats obliged and Buffet's company has saved by some estimates hundreds of millions of dollars.

I am sure liberal celebrities that Democrats love need private jets and private jet rentals being cheaper so they can whisk off to a "Green save the earth summit" somewhere.

The tax breaks are starting to phase out this year, but Buffet is lobbying again for these tax breaks.

Since Buffet has been vocal about wanting to pay more taxes, should the GOP oblige him and increase the taxes on these jets to offset the previous Democrat tax breaks for private jet owners that he himself helped put in place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies