Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:30 AM

937 posts, read 922,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
To be totally honest... I wanted Obama to fail and he did miserably. More than I ever imagined.
How?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:57 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,687,412 times
Water is wet. Grass is green. Democrats want a Republican President to fail.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:09 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,723,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
To be totally honest... I wanted Obama to fail and he did miserably. More than I ever imagined.
Obama did not fail, he got many of his policies pushed through and much of the racial divide and stomping of our rights have been pushed through, the problem is many voted for him due to identity politics and not for what he stood for, and were surprised when they figured it all out.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:16 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,000,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Water is wet. Grass is green. Democrats want a Republican President to fail.

Thanks for stating the obvious.
You forgot one: Republicans want a Democratic president to fail. And we don't have to guess or make suppositions about that because they stated it outright eight years ago.

And yes, I absolutely want the Trump of the last year on the campaign trail to fail. If he moderates his tone and stops demonizing half the population I may change my mind, but I absolutely wish total failure on the man we have been subjected to thus far as I believe his policies will be detrimental to the world. And I believe most of the world population agrees.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:17 AM

8,012 posts, read 11,356,930 times
O well, some conservatives and independents feel the same way, so big deal.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 AM

6,684 posts, read 3,301,492 times
If you go into a business deal and get 75% of what you wanted, you are doing pretty good.

I always thought Trump would have to walk back or reconsider parts of his campaign proposals. IMO if he can get the 3 million or so criminal illegals out of the country he can call that an accomplishment.

If he can change the ACA and make it better, he's achieved that goal. I can't think of one president in my lifetime that ever accomplished everything he campaigned for without some kind of compromise. As a businessman, Trump knows that. Aim high and "settle" for what you really want.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
I equate this whole thing to Idiocracy, Trump is President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, and we need a "Not Sure" to get us out of the messes he will invariably cause

Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,163,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
There have definitely been some democrats with best wishes for the new president elect, but there are those who salivate at every flaw, and perpetuate sensationalism to satisfy their lust for Trump's downfall.

I think back to the second time Obama took office. I REALLY didn't want him to win and I REALLY didn't like the guys policies. But I'm an American, and while I was very glad his presidential term is over, I never WANTED him to screw up... it's my country in his hands.

So for you "Just you wait, you're gonna get what you asked for" libs who can't wait to see Trump's next blunder, when will you be satisfied? Are you anticipating the day when everything is in shambles, where you'll be standing in the middle of the destruction, bloodied and beaten, with you chin held high saying "Aha! I was right!"

Most of us who voted Trump didn't close our eyes to pin the tail on the donkey. We looked at his policies, we agreed with them, and now we're holding him to it.

Seriously, what do you really want to happen during his presidency?
IDK, I have serious reservations about this charlatan. His infrastructure ideas are good but he can't cut taxes on the wealthy and expect to pay for it. I worry that he will plunge the country into a deeper hole than W with his policies. Not sure about him failing. I think he will do that himself. If the last week is any indication of what kind of president we are getting than I worry for our future and how long it will take to fix once he is out of office.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:41 AM

15,579 posts, read 10,295,574 times
Trump ran on a platform of securing the border, removing illegals who commit crimes from our country, reducing regulations that stifle economic job growth, reducing the onerous Obamacare premiums, putting American interests first, and rebuilding our dilapidated infrastructure. Why would liberals be against any of those things?

Old 11-22-2016, 09:41 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,033,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I want him to behave like the builder and dealmaker that he keeps telling us is.

I'd like to see lots of big infrastructure projects like restoring highways, airports and bridges. Let's get some high speed rail corridors going in those areas with heavy traffic. Interest rates are at historic lows, so now is the time to take advantage and use tax dollars on things that will actually benefit the taxpaying public. And these projects would provide thousands of good paying jobs.

Now, back to your premise: Libs want Trump to fail.

Please cite any comments made by congressional Dems that they plan to make their top priority holding Trump to a single term. Cite any liberal commentator making comments like Limbaugh did 8 years ago about wanting the president elect to fail.
I read that this infrastructure plan will be smoke and mirrors to get some new jobs to kick in to make it appear that there is real economic momentum, but it will be there to deflect from the tax breaks for the rich that will be more of the same trickle down voodoo. When I come across the article, I'll post the link.

Sorry, but by the looks of the way most of his cabinet is shaping up and their ideologies, I do not want them to succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies