Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:59 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times

Advertisements

There have definitely been some democrats with best wishes for the new president elect, but there are those who salivate at every flaw, and perpetuate sensationalism to satisfy their lust for Trump's downfall.

I think back to the second time Obama took office. I REALLY didn't want him to win and I REALLY didn't like the guys policies. But I'm an American, and while I was very glad his presidential term is over, I never WANTED him to screw up... it's my country in his hands.

So for you "Just you wait, you're gonna get what you asked for" libs who can't wait to see Trump's next blunder, when will you be satisfied? Are you anticipating the day when everything is in shambles, where you'll be standing in the middle of the destruction, bloodied and beaten, with you chin held high saying "Aha! I was right!"

Most of us who voted Trump didn't close our eyes to pin the tail on the donkey. We looked at his policies, we agreed with them, and now we're holding him to it.

Seriously, what do you really want to happen during his presidency?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:01 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Caesar- better look around you and see who thy enemies are- the people outside shouting with sticks-- or within your circle?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:04 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
I wonder if the leader of the Senate Minority will announce that he wants Trump to fail?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:06 AM

1,087 posts, read 782,498 times
If you were in a car, do you want to see the car crash and burn just because you disagree with the driver on many things?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
There have definitely been some democrats with best wishes for the new president elect, but there are those who salivate at every flaw, and perpetuate sensationalism to satisfy their lust for Trump's downfall.

I think back to the second time Obama took office. I REALLY didn't want him to win and I REALLY didn't like the guys policies. But I'm an American, and while I was very glad his presidential term is over, I never WANTED him to screw up... it's my country in his hands.

So for you "Just you wait, you're gonna get what you asked for" libs who can't wait to see Trump's next blunder, when will you be satisfied? Are you anticipating the day when everything is in shambles, where you'll be standing in the middle of the destruction, bloodied and beaten, with you chin held high saying "Aha! I was right!"

Most of us who voted Trump didn't close our eyes to pin the tail on the donkey. We looked at his policies, we agreed with them, and now we're holding him to it.

He promised the 'quick' deportation of 11,000,000 illegals and now it's down to 2-3,000,000.

He said he'd repeal Obamacare and now wants to keep parts of it.

When ya'll gonna start that "holding"?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:08 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
A true leader will face the criticism but keep moving forward regardless.

I've worked as a department head director where the people just did not like me because I was standing for what was right.

I took hits on all sides. You just have to keep moving forward.

Those that are used to being bullies will bully. You can't let it phase you. There will be resistance to Trump if he really does what he said he was going to do.

A dead fish has it easy as they float downstream. No resistance. Too many dead fish in congress.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I wonder if the leader of the Senate Minority will announce that he wants Trump to fail?
He already did...

Old 11-22-2016, 06:15 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
He promised the 'quick' deportation of 11,000,000 illegals and now it's down to 1-3,000,000.

He said he'd repeal Obamacare and now wants to keep parts of it.

When ya'll gonna start that "holding"?
Do you support illegals and obamacare? If you do - why are you complaining? People like myself who voted for Trump listened to what he said (and not the MSM lies) and understood the realities of politics. One man doesn't stack a pile of 1000 bricks all at once - he does it one at a time. You should be far more concerned with the phantom economy and debt Obama is leaving us - major pain ahead.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

I want him to behave like the builder and dealmaker that he keeps telling us is.

I'd like to see lots of big infrastructure projects like restoring highways, airports and bridges. Let's get some high speed rail corridors going in those areas with heavy traffic. Interest rates are at historic lows, so now is the time to take advantage and use tax dollars on things that will actually benefit the taxpaying public. And these projects would provide thousands of good paying jobs.

Now, back to your premise: Libs want Trump to fail.

Please cite any comments made by congressional Dems that they plan to make their top priority holding Trump to a single term. Cite any liberal commentator making comments like Limbaugh did 8 years ago about wanting the president elect to fail.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

To be totally honest... I wanted Obama to fail and he did miserably. More than I ever imagined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies