Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 11:12 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,452,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
NO, "at best" it makes me someone who never believed he would actually do it, someone who never planned or did vote for him, and someone who believes that Trump and Hillary are/were equally unqualified for the position of POTUS.
Yet you felt compelled to compose this little gem:

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a "ploy" as it was still proof positive that she was untrustable and didn't have the basic decency to respect rules and policies that kept Americans and our armed forces safe. Its a pretty big deal.
You might be sincere in your protestations of innocence, or you might not. I remain skeptical.

It strikes me as odd that a self-proclaimed non-supporter of the Orange One would attempt to excuse his blatant flip-flop.

Don't take it personally.

BTW, I also found the two major party candidates unacceptable, but I don't expect to convince anyone of that without evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 11:26 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,754,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Smart move on Trump's part...it would always be seen as political payback, no matter how richly she deserved it.

I wonder if this includes the FBI's criminal investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The fake foundation needs to be shut down and fines issued for every dollar in their accounts.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:30 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,045,616 times
I'm 50/50 on this decision. Half of me would dearly love to see her ass in prison. The other half of me says the COUNTRY has had enough of her and we're the ones who have been through enough.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:30 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,005,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Yet you felt compelled to compose this little gem:

You might be sincere in your protestations of innocence, or you might not. I remain skeptical.

It strikes me as odd that a self-proclaimed non-supporter of the Orange One would attempt to excuse his blatant flip-flop.

Don't take it personally.

BTW, I also found the two major party candidates unacceptable, but I don't expect to convince anyone of that without evidence.
Whats wrong with calling her untrustable? This is a woman who smashed old phones with hammers and lied to the general public on a regular basis about national security issues. To me that is on the same level of clownery as some of the Trump allegations such as the assault business and Trump University. I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone could honestly say that somehow Hillary was more qualified or trustable.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:31 AM

24,461 posts, read 23,159,001 times
It's all well and good not to throw the old hag in jail, she's not well mentally or physically. But the Clinton Foundation still needs to be dissolved and its assets stripped.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:33 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,410,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes--now they all realize the Trump is, in fact, a sloganeer who does not mean (or remember) half of what he says.

Quite obviously, Trump can't push investigating the Clinton Foundation, when he would have to investigate the Trump Foundation as well. Ouch.

Trump Foundation acknowledges violating 'self-dealing' ban - POLITICO
This might in fact have more to do with Trumps' "pardon"
as anything.
Who is going to back pedal for him on this
one?

Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 AM

8,093 posts, read 10,128,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Powerful people have friends, but they work very hard to maintain potential allies. These allies need not agree with them on all things. They simply must be potentially useful at some point in the future.

In the case of the Clintons and Trump, they were potential allies. Both parties were powerful, and both could be helpful in future situations. After a bruising campaign, it will be some time before they can get that connection back to where it was previously, but sure, it could happen.

Pretty much nails it....there will be weddings and other social events, and just like in the past, the Clintons will be at the Trumps, and vice versa.

Look at Mittens....he specifically told the world that Trump is a scammer, a con artist, and not worthy of being anywhere near the White House. Now they are having private meetings to stroke each other.

Old saying: Politics makes for strange bed fellows.

True, dat.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Whats wrong with calling her untrustable? This is a woman who smashed old phones with hammers and lied to the general public on a regular basis about national security issues. To me that is on the same level of clownery as some of the Trump allegations such as the assault business and Trump University. I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone could honestly say that somehow Hillary was more qualified or trustable.
Yet you attempted to explain away Trump's flip-flop. I wonder why.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I'm 50/50 on this decision. Half of me would dearly love to see her ass in prison. The other half of me says the COUNTRY has had enough of her and we're the ones who have been through enough.
Half of 138 is 69.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:38 AM

57,405 posts, read 26,390,873 times
When this thread started I thought it was relative to the Clinton Foundation but here we are back to the emails. The far right didn't want Loretta Lynch passing judgment so she deferred to Comey, he didn't give them the answer they wanted so here we go again.

Trump is not stupid, he is just waving a bone in front of his rabid fans. He does not have any intention of going on a failed mission right off the back starting his tenure with the resignation of Comey and other FBI officials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies