Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 11:34 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times

Advertisements

Well, he has a right to take them to the woodshed. They sucked up to Obama and he still treated them like crap. If Trump is tough on them, they may gain some self respect and start doing their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 11:37 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What is the media going to do, start writing hit pieces about Trump?

I don't know if Trump is scolding the media, but I would imagine he is making it clear that they can't continue to write unfounded, and outright false stories without consequences. We could very well see certain networks lose access to the White House.

Hopefully these meetings with Trump will get them back to being a legitimate, and credible source of information again.
But Trump did that his whole campaign- he invented and fabricated hundreds of stories.

This world has gone mad.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What is the media going to do, start writing hit pieces about Trump?

I don't know if Trump is scolding the media, but I would imagine he is making it clear that they can't continue to write unfounded, and outright false stories without consequences. We could very well see certain networks lose access to the White House.

Hopefully these meetings with Trump will get them back to being a legitimate, and credible source of information again.
Are there examples of outright false stories?

Old 11-22-2016, 11:44 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
The NY Times is not failing, what are the false stories?

Old 11-22-2016, 11:48 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Can you list these alleged "unfounded, and outright false stories", please? Thanks!
That's very easy to find this is one that comes to mind. The New York Times interviewed a woman that knew Trump in her past and they wrote an article that didn't accurately quote her, on purpose. The New York Times is a terrible terrible source for information. They were totally busted.

Woman in NYT piece about Trump's mistreatment of women fires back

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Are there examples of outright false stories?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
See above.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Breitbart is on top of this.

12 Fake News Stories from the Mainstream Media

Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently none of you recognising his actions as evil despot 101. Or just demagogue 101.

Seriously this sort of attempt to muzzle the press via intimidation is going to backfire spectacularly. Might take a bit, but making real actual enemies with these folks is foolish.
No one is supressing the NYT or media.

That was the problem, supressing news and lack of curiosity on part of the media.

Enemies of the press would be a good thing if the press and media owners and editors hopped off the lap of the obama admin and did their job on trump and successive ppresidents and administrations.

Where is the pressure on chicago mayor emanuel claiming the killing fields under his admin is declared a sanctuary?

Where is the press when obama declares the safest cities and states are the ones with the toughest gun laws. By that rule, Maine should be a bloodbath while DC, Newark and Chicago safe as can be. where are investigative reporters calling their bluff. Instead the media spins the lies for their favorites' benefit.

Without the free press there is no freedom.

they need to be taken to the woodshed for their treasonous behavior.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:13 PM

649 posts, read 316,287 times
I would like to find " 1 " news organization that reported the actual news without adding their political agenda to it !

Old 11-22-2016, 12:20 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,712,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently none of you recognising his actions as evil despot 101. Or just demagogue 101.

Seriously this sort of attempt to muzzle the press via intimidation is going to backfire spectacularly. Might take a bit, but making real actual enemies with these folks is foolish.
I don't like this behavior, but nothing exists in a vacuum. You CANNOT deny that the majority of media sources were no where near unbiased in their coverage of the presidential race. They basically became a campaign resource for HRC, and detractors to Trump.

I'll make my own decision, thank you. All the media should be doing is reporting facts, not opinions, or slanted or biased stories etc.....and doing so equally for all sides in an election. The media in this election lost virtually all credibility (in my opinion) for being unbiased, and just reporting in an unbiased fashion. It would have been laughable if it weren't such serious business.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
I find it interesting that every mention of the neo-nazi rally yesterday and "Hail Trump" screams and nazi salutes are quickly being deleted from CD.

It happened. Why brush it under the rug?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies