Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 09:06 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

well, if Rosie O'Donnell wants to raise awareness of autism

Then lesson number one

Respect parents' boundaries. You don't out a child or their parents when they are NOT ready. Their son's condition is not public knowledge. respect that.

Attack Donald Trump for his policy, attack Donald Trump for his ridiculous remarks, but if you want to use autism community, at least know what you are talking about.

Rosie O'Donnell is only embarrassing herself.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:14 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
She's a really gross person.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is not necessarily "attacking" It is mean spirited.

Let's not pretend she has the kid's best interests at heart.

Here is an explanation. The woman in the video has a child suffers from autism. She explains it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBuqJxUDqw

you out the child or their parents when they are not ready, you create secondary wound for them. It is really not rocket science.
Look, if parents behave as if autism is bad and hide it, the public will also believe that autism is a disease that must be hidden.

BTW, that lady has a lot of anger.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Look, if parents behave as if autism is bad and hide it, the public will also believe that autism is a disease that must be hidden.

No, that lady has no anger.

absolutely not.

Look, I lost a boyfriend to suicide years ago, two years later, somebody posted on facebook suggesting that I should become a therapist. This is what she said, "Lily lost a boyfriend to suicide two years ago. I think she is a perfect grief counselor."

That girl is a friend of mine. But I don't think she has any right telling the facebook community without my permission. She is NOT mean spirited, but she doesn't know what a suicide survivor went through. It is not that I am ashamed of my experience, but if I am not ready, I am not ready.

You cannot teach a blind person Color, Most of you 'THINK' you know what is the best for the person, you don't.

that is why you need to listen more, speak less.

YOU - the general term you, not YOU personally.

Some here don't know the importance of "boundary." Plus, each person deals with trauma/loss/illness/condition differently. There is no one-size-fits-all way of healing. Respect each individual's personal boundary is particularly important.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Exactly, the parents I know who have children with autism don't hide it. They even wear t-shirts proclaiming their children have autism. Why hide it. The children aren't lepers.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:32 AM

989 posts, read 1,877,142 times
Rosie O'Donnell is just a gross person. Why give her more attention?

Old 11-26-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly, the parents I know who have children with autism don't hide it. They even wear t-shirts proclaiming their children have autism. Why hide it. The children aren't lepers.
and more power to them. But healing is an individual journey.

There is no such a thing as why. Each individual is different. Each journey is different.

It is not UP TO YOU or Rosie to tell them what to do.

google the term secondary wound. Most people went to therapy dealing with trauma or illness know what that is.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:57 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
If people stopped hiding autism and openly educated and advocated, the stigma would be diminished.

What will the Trumps do?

The Moment That Made Her Stop Hiding Her Autism and Start Advocating

Old 11-26-2016, 10:05 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post

BTW, this unspoken rule that you can't attack the kids, let's just scrap that BS off the table right now. It's a new game now, and as far as I'm concerned...no rules. Trump wanted to play un-pc hardball, he's going to get it, him and his family.
That is not how integrity works.

If you want to show off how much like Trump you are, congrats, you succeeded.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
As a parent of an autistic child she should be removed from her show. Not only should minor children and families as a whole be left out of Presidential politics but to bring up possible disabilities of a young child and put it in public is wrong and something only the family should be doing.
I'm NO Trump fan, but I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies