Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Attacking kids has NOTHING to do with political correctness... it has everything to do with character...
It has to do with both.

Everyone who slings insults has low character, and in this case it is Rosie.

Everyone has a PC limit, because no one will tolerate everything.

As a president though, you have to be careful how you respond. Rosie can say anything, while a president can't.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:52 PM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
With those two parents, it is indeed likely that the kid suffers from some sort of deficiency.

Not saying it isn't warranted, but with The Donald's history of disgusting comments and behavior toward fellow man (and woman), he is not in much of a position to cast dispersion on anyone's comments about him or his family.

If Barron suffers from some illness and needs to stay in NYC to be in a special school, that is fine. But that is NOT what Melonia told us when she said they weren't moving to the White House. Shame on her, and how sad for her attitude toward handicapped children, if she was being untruthful. Again.
What. Where are you getting the idea that Melania is lying about her reasons for not wanting to live in the white house and its really because her son has an illness and is going to a special school?

Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
The difference?

Rosie's daughter Chelsea is an adult.
I see. I didn't even know she had kids, let alone disabled, until someone mentioned it. That's how little I care about her.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:55 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
Chelsea isn't disabled. I think she perhaps suffers from immaturity mostly, but I also believe she has some drug/addiction problems. Things are not rosy in Rosie and Chelsea's world and I think Rosie perhaps should tend her garden well before throwing crap at someone else, particularly a 10 year old.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:55 PM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times
It's an indication of how ugly and undercutting the politics are that even kids are fair game to some people who are punching way below their weight. It's ugly stuff.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:59 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,009 times
Kids are off limits now? Didn't stop some of you from Disrespecting the Obama kids.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
I agree with the consensus that it was low class and uncalled for in regards to Rosie tweeting about Trump's minor child.

It is very dirty IMO and uncalled for. And FWIW, I've never been a fan of Rosie O'Donnell and thought she was just as bad as Trump back in the day with their stupid media battles. She is low class and that was uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all honesty and fairness, even though this is a free country, children of politicians need to be off limits for insults and attacks.

I thought Trump's youngest son is well behaved and very good looking.

On this though, I wanted to note, I have a nephew who is autistic and he also is well behaved and very good looking. There are varied degrees of autism and none of them IMO make a kid not "good looking." Practically all kids are cute. Once my nephew got some intensive speech therapy he also stopped misbehaving. He is around the same age as Barron Trump and is a great kid, well behaved and very handsome.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:03 PM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

On this though, I wanted to note, I have a nephew who is autistic and he also is well behaved and very good looking. There are varied degrees of autism and none of them IMO make a kid not "good looking." Practically all kids are cute. Once my nephew got some intensive speech therapy he also stopped misbehaving. He is around the same age as Barron Trump and is a great kid, well behaved and very handsome.
On this. I just thought he was "good looking and well behaved." But mean spirited people would take a look at the kid and assumed he had autism.

Like I said, ugly stuff. Children are off limit, period.

My baby nephew has blonde hair, his brother has brown hair (green eyes) People have said they must have different fathers. My boyfriend went through the same experience. He has light brown hair, his brother is a blonde. Who look at two adorable boys and assume automatically they had different fathers? lol Mean spirited people with hidden agenda.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:05 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,178,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What. Where are you getting the idea that Melania is lying about her reasons for not wanting to live in the white house and its really because her son has an illness and is going to a special school?
The boy goes to Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School on the Upper West Side. It has a very rigorous program.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:07 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Maybe she can hitch a ride on Cher's rocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.