Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 10:28 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Another liberal with no clue what so ever about guns, funny how so many of you CLAIM to own guns and then remove any doubt that you know anything about them at all.

What makes you think God is going to protect you? Do you not wear a seat belt when you drive, afterall if God won't protect you surely a seat belt won't. Are you one of those people who think that God will heal you instead of going to the doctor too? Probably not, you're just being a typical disingenuous liberal.
I have owned since I was about 20- and I have never had to pull it out to protect my home-back then in was a 357-now simple Bersa 380- I lived some very large cities- and still do, I am NOT scared- and so I trust God- yes- I have seen good things happen when DR's. have said NO WAY - Some of you want to continue to put me in a box- because your vision is obtuse, you do not even have any idea what I do for a living- so- keep scratching your heads - makes no difference to me- I am well grounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 10:31 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
Reminds me of that old Tommy Shaw tune from the 1980's: "Girls With Guns"

Old 11-24-2016, 10:40 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
A good thing IMHO as women represent the one demographic that actually needs the things, but far too many women are think guns are icky or evil or whatever. Underlying thing: Women are weaker and a gun is a pretty great equalizer when some man twice your size and four times your strength decides bully, beat, rape, assault, kidnap or otherwise impose his will on you.

It's also been my experience with CCW students that women are easier to train and more ...adept...and keeping a proper mindset.
Most of the female students I've worked with on up to serious (very) competitors have an easier time staying fluid under pressure. THAT is the single biggest asset to proper gun handling and shooting performance. Whether in sport or when it gets real. I'm no novice. Been doing the shooting game for a long time. And I've been roundly spanked on the competition course by tennage girls. A gal named Molly Smith comes to mind. One of team S&Ws youth (or was till she turned 18) team shooters. She and my son were range pals and a more impressive competitor would be hard to find.

I just love hearing that more and more women are refusing to be food for bipreds and the bipreds should take note. That ...unsuspecting and vulnerable...seeming prey may not be what they should even think about springing on.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:51 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I think it should be mandatory for all children as part of their education. Whether or not they go on to be gun owners, it instills a certain respect for it as well as basic knowledge of safety.
It used to be.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:52 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
My wife has carried for a long time and I admit she is a far better shot than me. Neither one of us has shot anyone (in peacetime) and hope we never need to, but will to protect ourselves, friends and family.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:01 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It used to be.
Really? I didn't know that. How long ago?

Old 11-24-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
In the 1950s, it was not mandatory, but was readily available. I remember taking gun safety about 3rd grade. I had already been hunting for two years by that time, so I didn't learn much, but some of the in-town kids did.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:32 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post

Women propelling gun sales to all-time highs | kplr11.com

We must have the the most patriotic wonderful women on the face of the planet,

American women saw through All the media and Government propanganda and voted
to preserve our nation,

And save our Nation from a government assisted invasion of Muslims
as happened across all of Europe

These are strong women who realize that it is wise to protect themselves, their kids, and grandchildren
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post

Minority gun sales up according to this article
Gun Sales to Blacks and Minorities Quadruple After Trump Win
I don't see this as having anything to do with patriotism or a desire to preserve the nation from invading muslims.

I think this is all about women and minorities becoming more afraid of the nation itself, afraid of its own people, afraid of what "certain" types of people will attempt to enact now that Trump is about to take the white house.

It's not hard to read the writing on the walls. Yes, it is a good thing for all those women and minorities to realize that they will need to protect themselves and their families from their fellow countrymen.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:39 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Well I remember having gun safety presentations in grade school in the early 70s. And hunter safety was offered as an extracurricular course in junior high and high school through the late 70s and early 80's in the town I grew up in. I finished HS in CA though and anything gun related was conspicuously absent in school there. Here we drove into s hooligans with rifles and shotguns in our truck racks. There was never any problems. I did that one time at the CA school and caused fair fits of apoplexy. I was just going hog hunting after school. Same kind of reason we brought our guns to school here.

Being young and not realizing I wasn't in NW NV anymore...lol silly me.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:19 PM

I am almost 70 and live in a town of about 8,000 and a county of less than 25,000 and even here I think the streets are dangerous. It is the worst I have seen in my lifetime. And I worked in an inner-city gang area for several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies