Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 05:53 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I never did find out this election why we should support illegal immigration or Accepting Syrian refugees besides ya racist otherwise. People are sick and tired of being labeled racist just because they ain't brain dead.
Apparently, this election has turned many people into Racist, whether they are really are or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 05:59 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
It really made me realize how far apart people are and how we have ruined any chance of rational discussion between opposing political parties. It feels like there is no middle anymore...it's either left crazy or right crazy and at this moment I'm feeling a little better about right crazy since it's not as dangerous. That could change of course.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:47 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
How did this election change you?

Not one iota..... this country of ours the United States of America swing right and left every 4
to 8 to12 Years anyway.

In 4 to 8 to 12 years the Democrats would be right back in the White House. Last thought the (D) and (R) Party aren't that different from each other anyways.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:09 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It really made me realize how far apart people are and how we have ruined any chance of rational discussion between opposing political parties. It feels like there is no middle anymore...it's either left crazy or right crazy and at this moment I'm feeling a little better about right crazy since it's not as dangerous. That could change of course.
True. If Obama wasn't trying to import Muslims, giving Ilegals amnesty, not treating police as the enemy, trading traitors for Terrorist, appointing AJs that dont belong in that job, giving record #s of Criminals pardons I would still be voting Dem every time.

If Repubs were not against Pro-choice, were less indebted to the religous right, were more welcoming to gay people, were really fiscally responsible they would get my vote every time.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:13 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
I am hoping that, with an increase in jobs, higher wages and the lifting up of American citizens that the extreme hate we see from the left will decrease.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Impossible. There is no way to build a bridge across dead women and children.

There is an absolute absence of compassion when we do not condemn these actions to further our politics.
But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about not insulting other people, calling names, being assumptive, etc.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
This election has given me optimism for this country, and it looked for years that there wasn't going to be any. America has shown its resilience in realizing who we really are as a country, and people have stood up. We were not going to let Marxism and communism tear this country apart as it has for the past eight years. I feel very optimistic for America now, and we don't have to lay huge amounts of debt on our kids and grandkids. They need to inherit something positive.
This kind of attitude absolutely shocks me. Barack Obama is so NOT a marxist or communist. He's a left leaning Reaganesque moderate. But this statement by case44 and others similar show a remarkable and terrifying divide between perspectives on the same people, ideas or situations. We can't even agree on the facts anymore. I wouldn't feel so positive about the future case44. If we can't agree on facts now, I think it'll just get worse for our kids and grandkids. So much for living in the information age.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh brother.
LOL I thought the same thing. A lot of sycophants exist for Mr. Trump. To say it baffles me would be an understatement.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No one has to leave the country because they dislike Donald Trump. Nor would those who disliked Hillary have to leave had she won. And if you think that, you're not a real American.
AMEN.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I never did find out this election why we should support illegal immigration or Accepting Syrian refugees besides ya racist otherwise. People are sick and tired of being labeled racist just because they ain't brain dead.
Who supports illegal immigration?

Accepting Syrian refugees has more to do treating others how you'd want to be treated in the same situation rather than being racist, in my opinion. Its the right thing to do, offering innocent people safe havens when they no longer have a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies