Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 11:37 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

This election made me realize that the news networks can be so wrong about things that their coverage is completely meaningless (not just biased).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 11:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Yes, the media did give Trump an unfair amount of coverage of his rallies and speeches. I could hardly turn on the TV without seeing him.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:08 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How did this election change you?

Not at all, I'm well used to the empty promises and BS of election season.
I am similar to the red.

However, as a whole, it did make me see that a large percent of white Americans are indifferent to racism, sexism, and xenophobia and so I have learned from the election to be wary of new people I meet in regards to community activism and of my local politicians. I am much more into local politics than national politics as the locals and the state reps have more control over our lives than the feds anyway.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am similar to the red.

However, as a whole, it did make me see that a large percent of white Americans are indifferent to racism, sexism, and xenophobia and so I have learned from the election to be wary of new people I meet in regards to community activism and of my local politicians. I am much more into local politics than national politics as the locals and the state reps have more control over our lives than the feds anyway.
Whitey has been put on notice!

Old 11-28-2016, 12:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, the media did give Trump an unfair amount of coverage of his rallies and speeches. I could hardly turn on the TV without seeing him.
LOL

Good luck with the recount.

~ Toodles

Old 11-28-2016, 12:40 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
I plan to support Trump as much as Mitch McConnell has supported Obama!

Old 11-28-2016, 01:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Unfair........can I assume you were for allowing Johnson and Stein in on the debates?

Old 12-02-2016, 12:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You do NOT need to go to big cities in order to get jobs.
That depends on the area. There probably are not too many non-mine jobs in coal country.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
It made made realize that anti-intellectualism is still alive and well in America. I too am worried about the rejection of free trade. Free trade has been one of the greatest achievements of modern time. It has vastly reduced poverty rates and helped to overthrow dictators all over the world. I am more convinced than ever that we need to convince people living in the Rust Belt and Appalachia to move to economically prosperous major metropolitan areas. We are giving them false hope that industries will return to their areas. More and more jobs are being concentrated in major metropolitan areas and these people should move there. Politicians need to be honest and tell these people that there are plenty of jobs for them in Silicon Valley, Houston, New York, Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, etc. They could perform jobs currently being done by illegal immigrants and this would help solve unemployment problems and immigration issues in one swoop. This could be complementing by a surge of apartment building to lower the high cost of housing in these prosperous areas.
Uh; maybe IF the illegal aliens were kicked out 1st. That would force wages UP since housing costs are beyond stupid in the SF bay area, LA, NYC and so on.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am similar to the red.

In other words, you didn't learn a thing from the 2016 election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies