Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 06:04 AM

40,922 posts, read 48,877,037 times

Advertisements

Renewed my faith that corruption and evil can be defeated by using the system.

Also, how brilliant our Founding Fathers were in creating a system that protects the common man (mostly).

And... That my vote counts as much as any Hollywood star or TX Billionaire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 06:07 AM

14,863 posts, read 8,149,098 times
I just felt vindicated.

I'm not convinced anything is going to change, but I'm happy that people are finally waking up.

If anything good came out of this election, it is that people are increasingly aware of the utter contempt the Democratic party has for actual working people.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:41 AM

1,582 posts, read 1,176,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I can no longer deny that America has become a nation of ignorant simpletons. That's an illusion I'll never again be able to sustain. And, I never really expected it was possible to be this ashamed of my country before.
I agree, and unfortunately, they occur in droves on both sides of the political divide.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:50 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,055,308 times
Before the election, I was human.

Now, I'm a golden dragon.

So that's how the election changed me.

Y'all are jealous of my scales and my ability to breathe fire.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:59 AM

11,907 posts, read 6,484,225 times
How did this election change you?

It has made me truly frightened of the democrat party.
I was a democrat for decades, now independent leaning conservative.

The corruption and deceit they displayed in this election along with their corrupting and deep control of our media
was just shocking. Their distain for America, their distain for law and order, their intolerance and bigotry, their violence, their anarchy with no voices of reason and common sense for leadership. It's mind-boggling how corrupt, blinded by pop culture and leftist propaganda, and dangerous to America they've become.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:02 AM

1,180 posts, read 769,525 times
I am finally complete. This election will rid us of all the policies that have helped ruin my life. Nothing but disdain and contempt for the Left, the same as they have for myself and my fellow Repuplican associates.. And sometimes would not say to, and sometimes would, depending on how things go in Politia.

I am soo proud President Donald Joseph (? J?) Trump is the President. People have been SICK of OBAMA for A LONG TIME. The 2012 election was weak; THIS TIME, WE GOT IT.

Could not be more happy. And **** Obama. And pretty much all Democrats, too...

Old 11-24-2016, 08:03 AM

15,797 posts, read 6,218,802 times
Not so much changed but it has made me more aware of how different we each see the world. One of my best friends voted for Trump and I couldn't understand how because he is probably the least judgmental of all of us. He had valid concerns over HRC and didn't pick up on a lot of what Trump was dishing out. He seemed to filter it out. I will admit I didn't pay much attention to HRC because of how bad Trump was. He didn't know that Trump mocked a disabled reporter. When he saw those clips he thought it was Trump being a generic dink and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. My hubby didn't vote but he didn't get why so many people where upset over it either.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:03 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,494,887 times
Changed my family quite a bit. As Spanish Americans, my family used to vote straight Democrat. Most voted for Trump this election cycle. Some voted the greater of two evils, but the controversies surrounding Hillary were far greater than the potty mouth of the Don. For those in my family who went Hillary, it has created some tension, but it will pass.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:06 AM

25,748 posts, read 16,367,276 times
What it did for me is make me a believer in our system and I will be to the end of my days. I honestly believed that the election would be stolen. Especially when PA would NOT return a vote. Also, Michigan and Minnesota...traditional blue states waited and waited. I thought for sure they were pulling out the double secret ballots to put Hillary over the top.

But the system works. The Clintons are vanquished. This is like watching my NFL team win the Superbowl. Having the Clintons defeated once and for all...wow. Donald was like Gary Cooper in High Noon. Everyone against him. As he walked around town looking for a little support from the GOP, they looked the other way and locked their doors. But the people were there for him and he cut down the evil witch at High Noon. Fricking awesome.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:12 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,354,025 times
It showed me that Democrats have done a 180 U turn on economic issues. Look at congressional votes on NAFTA, Democrats used to be against bad trade deals and globalism, now they support both. I remember watching CSPAN back in the day and D Tom Lantos would go on hour long tirades about China taking our jobs. Midwestern voters didn't change, the Democrats changed.

The other thing is that the coastal media now knows what a lot of us already knew: they are very out of touch with Middle America. 99% of the political 'experts' on tv have the same political views and live in the same upper income neighborhoods and they are clueless about everyone else. Bernie Sander talked about the 1% of economic elite being out of touch, Trump could say the 1% who work in media are also out of touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies