Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 03:30 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
These are very troubling statistics.
Not at all, if you consider the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...ecurity_Policy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Apparently, you are too young to know this country was great . That was before the liberals started their BS.
When was that, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Guess who the war would be against.
Why don't you tell me?

Old 11-25-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The Center for Security Policy (CSP) is a "not very highly respected" Washington, D.C.-based national security think tank that has been widely accused of engaging in conspiracy theorizing by a range of individuals, media outlets and organizations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...ecurity_Policy

You're really not trying very hard...
They don't have to, because Hillary lost, you know.

In December 2015, Foreign Policy magazine characterized as unscientific a CSP-funded poll that Donald Trump had been citing which purportedly showed widespread support for Sharia law amongst U.S. Muslims and a need for intervention in that community.

BTW, I wonder what Trumpzis said about Frank Gaffney Jr. a few months back when he was a leading Cruzlim.

On March 16, 2016, Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz announced he would name Frank Gaffney to be one of his National Security Advisors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gaffney

Old 11-25-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
You don't have to worry about the environment with bacon!
Isn't pork abhorrent to orthodox Jews and Seventh-day Adventists too?

I guess if any of them get hit it'll be "collateral damage".

Tell you what; mosey on over to the Middle East, grease up a few rounds and start shooting ISIS fighters.

Let me know how your secret weapon works in combat, will you?

Old 11-25-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yay, genocide is empowering!!!
I keep hearing that the Jews were murdered because of "gun control", and that the only way to avoid being slaughtered is by arming yourself.

Looks like ISIS is safe, because guns.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Sadly it is illegal for gays (or homos as the one homophobic poster said) to throw muslims off buildings. That should be changed. It should fall under, "self defense."
You could always join the brave Americans who are fighting ISIS on the ground right now in Syria and Iraq if you want to throw Muslims off buildings.

How to volunteer to fight ISIS in Syria | Fusion

I'll understand if you have an excuse to explain why you can't.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:56 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I grew up when we could get onto any aircraft and not have to show anything except our ticket for the plane.
I grew up when poeple did not hate Americans and we travelled with our passports worldwide. We did not need hundreds of sand trucks. We could wander on any boulevard in France and not risk our lives.

It's different now and Id like to see it go back to what it was. Watching the Macy's Parade this morning and loving our joy and our joy in freedom and excellence I mourn the differences then vs. now.

These monsters must be destroyed, subjugated and melted into the prison walls. They are inhuman and they must be stopped.

Take the gloves off Donald. Wage War.
You go over there. I've been on four deployments and I'm tired of it. What we need to do is pull out and let them figure it out. We've dumped enough money into that region and lost enough people.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:08 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think it is important to understand that the reason for so much terrorism in the name of Islam is not just religion. It is the presence of several undemocratic, rich and resourceful dictatorships that operate in the name of Islam.

Make no mistake, every religion can be interpreted to justify violence. Lines from the Bible prescribe violence too. Several Hindu texts are against women’s rights in a modern sense. It’s just that there is no armed dictator with billions of petrodollars interpreting the book that way, to justify his repression of democracy.

I think what is happening in the Middle East, is a spillover of Middle Eastern power struggles. These countries are ruled by ganglords, and one ganglord is fighting to topple another. Since there is no legitimacy to their power otherwise, it is all done in the name of God.

Muslims need to continue to empower and encourage moderate Muslim leaders, who, for the very reason that they are moderate, will not be so visible. But it is up to THEM, not the rest of the world.

Stay out of it. Stop fantasising that Western militaries can fix Islamic problems in the long term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I actually think we need to pull out of the Shia/ Sunni thousand year civil war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
You go over there. I've been on four deployments and I'm tired of it. What we need to do is pull out and let them figure it out. We've dumped enough money into that region and lost enough people.
These. Three. Posts.

It's so interesting that after the US and Soviets used so many other countries in proxy wars over 70s years, the Saudis and Iranians are now using the US and Russia in their proxy war.

And the US is on both sides at the same time, a proxy fighting a proxy war against itself.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Many Trumpists would prefer to send someone else's kids into harms' way, it seems.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Exactly how many wars do you people wanna engage in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies