Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should CA secede?
Yes 103 53.93%
No 88 46.07%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 11:00 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't live in California.

And those "restaurants" (and I'm using that term loosely) are pretty much in the same category to me. Places to eat when there's no REAL restaurant close by.
Then you have even less credibility than I thought. On both California AND Cracker Barrel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 11:02 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Not me. I love California.

You flyover country California haters crack me up. Must be all the crap you're eating at Cracker Barrel and Waffle House that's making you so miserable.
Isn't Detroit in "flyover country?"

Old 11-24-2016, 11:18 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Yes, and the sooner the better.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:41 PM

163 posts, read 130,053 times
Quote:
Not me. I love California.

You flyover country California haters crack me up. Must be all the crap you're eating at Cracker Barrel and Waffle House that's making you so miserable.
Flyover country? I'm from st. Petersburg florida. It's a tropical paradise. Your from Detroit AKA hell frozen over. Arguably the worst city in the developed world, a segregated hellhole, and it's very debatable if the city itself is not a third world city located within a 1st world country. Of course you love California. It's a wacky liberal land with horrible poverty, and a burden to the rest of us, just like Detroit but not a tundra, and more diverse.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:43 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
blah blah blah

Just so we're clear:

1. You dont bail us out-EVER. EVER You wish. As if.

2. We bail out a bunch of red states-ALWAYS.

3. 90% of California's water comes from in-state sources.

4. California(and the Northeast) is what makes the US economically and culturally relevant in the world. Get over it.

5. We like helping poor, sick, elderly, young, disabled people-and we pay for it all with our money. Dont like it? Too bad.

6. Undocumented Residents that are non-felons are OFF LIMITS-Dont test us.

7. Our strict environmental laws are OFF LIMITS-Dont test us.

and so forth and so on...

Old 11-24-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
blah blah blah

Just so we're clear:

1. You dont bail us out-EVER. EVER You wish. As if.

2. We bail out a bunch of red states-ALWAYS.

3. 90% of California's water comes from in-state sources.

4. California(and the Northeast) is what makes the US economically and culturally relevant in the world. Get over it.

5. We like helping poor, sick, elderly, young, disabled people-and we pay for it all with our money. Dont like it? Too bad.

6. Undocumented Residents that are non-felons are OFF LIMITS-Dont test us.

7. Our strict environmental laws are OFF LIMITS-Dont test us.

and so forth and so on...
You have never bailed out anyone. You are a major drain on everyone else. Your main exports are liberalism, marijuana, cocaine, criminals, and gangs.
90% of your water is a lie. In Southern California 95% of your water comes from Colorado. If you guys love helping people so much why do you have the highest poverty and income equality in America?
Don't test you? You are so delusional. You have no guns, what is your army going to be? Surenos and the crips? A small state like Alabama where almost everyone is strapped and knows how to shoot well could conquer you, easy, no problems.

Yeah you do make us culturally relevant. Your the reason the rest of the world thinks Americans all act like the kardashians and American blacks are criminal gangsters that murder people for wearing blue t shirts. We don't want or need your cultural influence, its toxic and makes us look bad to the whole world.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:06 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
No. I like the fact that the existence of states like NY, MA, CA, etc., allow leftists to be concentrated in relatively small geographical areas (i.e. San Fran, LA, NYC, etc.). Letting CA secede would only lead to a mass migration of leftists further into the heartland I fear once California implodes under constant budgetary mismanagement.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:12 AM

371 posts, read 337,778 times
America can't afford to lose CA...we contribute millions to federal treasure chests, and have one of the most diverse economies in the country. Red states would be in trouble...if CA did literally split we would have the majority of the military might on the West Coast, as well.

CA has major issues...but a lot of them would possibly get better if CA did secede. We would have more moola, and perhaps could then work to insure a more equitable economy. I don't think it will happen and it wouldn't solve Americas current issues that came to light with this election.

Beardo is clearly delusional. All CA would have to do is put crippling tariffs on anything destined for our two major ports...where a lot of goods from the interior are destined for. Their is something wrong when CA contributes more than its fair share to the us economy but then its votes matter less. No taxation without adequate representation?

Old 11-25-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post
America can't afford to lose CA...we contribute millions to federal treasure chests, and have one of the most diverse economies in the country. Red states would be in trouble...if CA did literally split we would have the majority of the military might on the West Coast, as well.

CA has major issues...but a lot of them would possibly get better if CA did secede. We would have more moola, and perhaps could then work to insure a more equitable economy. I don't think it will happen and it wouldn't solve Americas current issues that came to light with this election.

Beardo is clearly delusional. All CA would have to do is put crippling tariffs on anything destined for our two major ports...where a lot of goods from the interior are destined for. Their is something wrong when CA contributes more than its fair share to the us economy but then its votes matter less. No taxation without adequate representation?
Only 3 of the top 10 busiest ports in America are located in California. 70% of your water comes from other states. Your handouts to illegals cost us billions and have lowered wages and increased housing costs everywhere. The largest military bases are all in the south. States where upwards of a quarter of the civilian population owns high powered customized assault rifles and knows how to use them. There are also lots of large militias that have 10 years of supplies stocked up, body army and hundreds of men trained in combat and the use of explosives who have been waiting sense the civil war for the next big one. California has numbers but would not stand a chance in a war with texas, or even North Carolina. Kill the gang members that can't shoot straight and cops first, than the other 50 million surrender.

If you ever did secede we would simply send 2 or 3 southern states with large bases, send military and civilians over there and take your ports, and bases by force and make them ours, and probably establish bases in your neighborhoods too. Don't think a surplus of a million civilian men from the south won't volunteer to fight for free just so they can test out there night visions goggles, and AR-15 with a fore grip, laser beam, and extended clip on some gangmembers in south central or Oakland and not face murder charges. Rednecks won't need a bus ticket. Lol they will drive there pickup trucks across the country in droves for that opportunity. How does a 20 thousand drunk hillbillies not afraid to die wearing confederate flag shirts with assault rifles and body army running around the hood in Sacramento capping anyone outside sound to you? Pretty far from ideal.

Last edited by Beardo; 11-25-2016 at 12:57 AM..

Old 11-25-2016, 01:16 AM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
You have never bailed out anyone.
Yawns. We've been saving yer @sses since day 1.

“I do not know what we would do in this great national emergency if it were not for the gold sent from California.”-Ulysses S. Grant

Ten Facts About California during the Civil War

We need this country like we need a hemarroid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies