Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 08:57 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The U.S. will lose a lot of federal tax dollars from entertainment and tech. Not just from California but from places they sell to all over the world. Republicans are not, as a group, very creative and few are drawn to the entertainment industry. Life would grow dull when all they have are books written by Ann Coulter. They are not, as a group, very technically inclined. Duct tape is not the solution to every problem and it's slow going on an abacus. They would also lose the salad bowl which grows a lot of food year round. They would also be nuking several military bases but hey, nukes!
Wow. You really have swallowed it all.....hook, line, and sinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 08:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
It is painful to watch the president they love hated by the other half of the country. It is easier to attack than defend. When one is on the side that dislikes the man in office, they can just sit by and insult.

Trump supporters are rejoicing now but trust me, they will grow tired of how much the president they like is disliked by over half of the country. Over half. They will grow weary of defending him. And if he privatizes Medicare and Social Security, a lot of unpleasantness will likely follow; only time will tell. For those that think they will get rich with Social Security privatization and will then have no problem affording private insurance policies at 70, Enron employees thought they would be rich too.

The electoral college may elect the president, but it doesn't negate that a much larger portion of the country did not want Trump. They are reminded daily that a small number of rural voters had more power than entire metropolitan areas. Both areas may work and pay taxes but saying those large areas have less say is not going to wear well when Trump makes those inevitable mistakes.
All you're doing is proving that you, and your liberal cohorts, still don't get it. Very few people love Trump. People hated Hillary. There are vastly more people who voted against Hillary than voted for Trump, you Hillary lovers just can't seem to grasp that. Most who aren't rabidly far left, you know, like Seattle voters, are willing to give Trump a chance or at least not call him a failure before he's even inaugurated.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:00 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I disagree with you on this point. But I am not disagreeing with you in anger.

I struggled in my decision of Romney v. Obama. I really did. Obama was an inexperienced senator. I had reservations. I was intimately familiar with the "Massachusetts Romney", and that one I supported wholeheartedly. He was experienced, had presided over one of the most liberal and progressive states in the nation, and had introduced the ACA prototype to MA. I also truly believe him to be a good person, even when we disagree.

For much the same reason, I supported Hillary. As a lawyer, I dismissed the ridiculous "Hillary is a criminal!" line. I know how the system works, and I am also familiar with the legal circumstances. Enough so that the accusations were simply ridiculous to me.

But I cannot agree that Trump was "far better" than Hillary. I wanted so badly to be able to vote, for once, for a candidate that was truly qualified to hold the office of the president. I trusted Hillary Clinton to bring her incomparable experience, proven track record, and political genius to the office at a time when Congress has more or less abdicated its duties.

But, yeah, I am an insider. I have seen how the system works, and I have had to work within that system. I think perhaps one of the best things both parties can do right now is to show the public just how hard it is to run this nation.
Democrats are in full support of the movement toward government dependence and the government is in a movement toward globalism.

In my opinion, that is a terrible outcome.

Trump is talking about things that needed to be done years ago. Secure the borders, renegotiate trade deals, decreasing the people's dependence on the Federal Government through welfare programs.

I really could go on and on regarding how much better Trump was as a candidate than Hillary.

Maybe we can start being smarter with our fiscal policy that has our national debt up to 20 Trillion Dollars.

We know what Hillary would have done. She stated it, Obama has been doing it, and he's endorsed that she would continue on doing it.

We get to see all these wonderful bubbles about to explode. The housing bubble, the student loan bubble, etc. There's no place for all of these college grads to get jobs.

I really could go on and on about the negligence going on in the big office. How anyone could think they've been doing a good job is beyond me.

This country DESPARATELY needed change What we've been doing isn't working. Our nation is weaker than it's ever been.

Trump has billions of dollars invested in real estate in this country. He has a vested interest to continue to see it succeed. I like the idea that he decided to run. I like Donald Trump as President. That doesn't mean I'm going to get on here and defend any stupid thing he says, nor am I going to allow those stupid comments to cloud my opinion as I look at the big picture.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 11-24-2016 at 09:08 PM..

Old 11-24-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You, ma'am are positively correct. Critical thinking skills are lacking amongst the left. But, but, but, they blubber.
I'm a guy. But thanks .

Old 11-24-2016, 09:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The same people that will be hammering Trump are the same people that defend the violent thugs in movements like BLM. Just because the anti Trump progressive leftists have the moral capacity of a peanut doesn't mean Trump supporters will get weary of him.
Too many young black men have been shot and killed for no particular reason or sent to jail for next to nothing. Cell phone cameras on every person has disclosed many abuses that have remained hidden in local enforcement until relatively recently. I don't think they are going to accept this as normal any more. 2nd amendment and all that, you know. gun sales to blacks have gone up 400% and there's no sign of it slacking off, since Trump was elected. Dialogue between the parties has been ineffective.
The new attitude is "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

JMHO

Old 11-24-2016, 09:07 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
It is painful to watch the president they love hated by the other half of the country. It is easier to attack than defend. When one is on the side that dislikes the man in office, they can just sit by and insult.

Trump supporters are rejoicing now but trust me, they will grow tired of how much the president they like is disliked by over half of the country. Over half. They will grow weary of defending him. And if he privatizes Medicare and Social Security, a lot of unpleasantness will likely follow; only time will tell. For those that think they will get rich with Social Security privatization and will then have no problem affording private insurance policies at 70, Enron employees thought they would be rich too.

The electoral college may elect the president, but it doesn't negate that a much larger portion of the country did not want Trump. Theare reminded daily that a small number of rural voters had more power than entire metropolitan areas. Both areas may work and pay taxes but saying those large areas have less say is not going to wear well when Trump makes those inevitable mistakes.
If I can make it through 8 years of the idiot that hates America and did everything in his power to destroy the American blue collar worker I can sure as hell make it through a president that loves his country and is willing to fight for her.

The moonbat coalition is dead. They should all hit the cry room with playdough and coloring books and get over it. Life's a changin'

Old 11-24-2016, 09:10 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Too many young black men have been shot and killed for no particular reason or sent to jail for next to nothing. Cell phone cameras on every person has disclosed many abuses that have remained hidden in local enforcement until relatively recently. I don't think they are going to accept this as normal any more. 2nd amendment and all that, you know. gun sales to blacks have gone up 400% and there's no sign of it slacking off, since Trump was elected. Dialogue between the parties has been ineffective.
The new attitude is "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

JMHO
Nah, I bet 99% got what they deserved. Show me numbers that prove your statement. My guess? Your listening to your Democratic masters. Guess what? Based on wikileaks emails. They lie alot. I mean ALOT!

Old 11-24-2016, 09:11 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Too many young black men have been shot and killed for no particular reason.........
Name one.
Quote:
or sent to jail for next to nothing.........
Name one.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Second humourous post of the day! I truly admire the sense of humour of a lot of you!!

Another "I've got mine" post

Every day here is THanksgiving to me- Each day I read many of these posts, and I am thankful I now live here.

We don't fight wars here, either Champ
We don;t start them, so this helps to greatly avoid them

We too have plenty of freedom of and from religious crackpots shoving their brand of Christianity down our throats

We have PLENTY opportunities here- and here once you get one of the plentiful jobs, you won;t lose it unless you deserve it, or if made redundant, you have a great chance to survive till your next one

Family and friends-many of whom are still healthy due to National Health Care here and top 5 worldwide quality of life. They weren;t victims of gun violence

Football well yeah American Football rules!!!!

We have freedom here too- to go back to school and not go broke from it
freedom from gunshot wounds and the ever present violent crime America is known for

Freedom to NOT worry about losing our nesteggs to corrupt employers, or Republican policymakers

Freedom to enjoy 4 weeks at least of paid time off

Freedom to enjoy a happier, healthier quality of life than America
Freedom to enjoy better schools
Freedom to be run roughshod over by the "I've got mine" crowd
Freedom to not worry about losing your job due to at-will, or an illness

Game, Set, Match- Australia for the win!! Checkmate!!
So everyone who doesn't subscribe to a collectivist mindset, aspires to be or is independent financially, and has a lot to be thankful for, is a 'selfish / I've got mine' kind of person. Got it.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
All you're doing is proving that you, and your liberal cohorts, still don't get it. Very few people love Trump. People hated Hillary. There are vastly more people who voted against Hillary than voted for Trump, you Hillary lovers just can't seem to grasp that. Most who aren't rabidly far left, you know, like Seattle voters, are willing to give Trump a chance or at least not call him a failure before he's even inaugurated.
Hmm...pretty much this ^^^^^, and I didn't vote for either one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies