Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 10:00 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,648,730 times

Advertisements

loving every minute of it, when obama was president the gun nuts couldnt get enough of guns now that the shoe is on the other foot I wonder if they're singing a different song.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:26 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
loving every minute of it, when obama was president the gun nuts couldnt get enough of guns now that the shoe is on the other foot I wonder if they're singing a different song.
>>>>> Apparently not. It looks like more people are singing the we want guns song. Glad you love guns, too. Most everybody does.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 901,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....read your post.

White people are kind and generous, but Obama is trying to take away your guns.

This is the right wing black in a nutshell. And conservatives wonder why we despise 99% of 'em.
Exactly what is wrong with my post?

Old 11-30-2016, 01:15 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
What sort of different tune? Since it's obvious you're one of those who believe anyone who enjoys shooting and owns firearms is some sort of nut, seems it's you n yours singing the different tune. Suddenly ly it NOT so nutty to own guns. Fks like me never did think owning guns was nuts. (Shrug) Don't matter. I welcome all new shooters. Don't care who they vote for.

So long as they have no designs on pointing their firearms at me, grab a bench and get hot. Our shooting club has people of all types, skin colors, political views, etc. Interestingly, the scarcest. ..demographic. ..is LEOs. Just a couple of them. Seems cops don't have much interest in shooting as a sport. Not outside of LE only interdepartmental competitions anyway. They don't like competing against civilians.

Some have an attitude that competing with civilians is somehow beneath them. At least that's the public face. Truth is that most can't compete on that level. It's way harder than they're used to. Since most competitions require that LE compete in advanced divisions (we require LE or armed security shoot in A Class or above) the pressure is to much for the average cop.

Anyway, I'm not singing any different pieces of music. The more people who are armed out there, the more polite our society will become. We all have the right to keep and bear arms. Everyone. This uptick in "minorities" or whatever becoming gun owners is a good thing. Now folks can see for themselves what the shooting community is really like. Rather than just going on leftist propoganda. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:43 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
I've never been disrespected by anyone at a gun range or gun store. Last time I bought a gun and showed my LTC (which was last Friday), the Duck Dynasty-looking guy behind the counter said, "Yeah, that's what I like to see!"

Old 11-30-2016, 01:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Exactly what is wrong with my post?
You figure it out.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:01 PM

451 posts, read 236,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That ain't why they're buying those guns.

YOU are the reason they're buying the guns. Lol...now you know.

Doesn't bother me. I just bought myself a minority!

Old 11-30-2016, 02:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I know a lot of people who have bought or are planning to buy guns since the election. I'm planning on upgrading too and joining a black American gun club.

I do feel a lot of black Americans are both afraid and are doing like some whites did after Obama's election and "daring" someone to mess with them and their gun. Also, contrary to what many whites may believe, there were already a lot of black people who legally owned guns.

I'm thinking of getting my son one as well and getting him involved in a club along with my nephew. I honestly am thinking of creating a new predominantly black gun club in my city. I have been thinking about it for a while and feel that due to the election, more people will want to join so now is a good time to do it lol.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
I'm black and I do believe that Hillary and Obama are/were trying to take away guns. And I consider white people as kind and generous. So to say "your people" don't believe a certian way is racist.
This reminded me of Uncle Ruckus ROFL!!!

Do you have reverse vitiligo?? LOL

Old 11-30-2016, 02:18 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
well,, I am now and have always been FOR law abiding citizens having access to firearms.

If minorities who are law abiding citizens are buying firearms, for any and/or all of the lawful purposes a person uses a firearm, then I think that is wonderful.... and I am personally safer because of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies