Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:29 AM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Minorities can get gun permits? When did that start happening?
Since the Jim Crow laws were abolished.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You all thinking people are out to ban guns or take them away from you are just getting yourselves into a frenzy for nothing as it will never happen no matter which party is in office.
Maybe they believe stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13KZ4SfdGyE

Old 12-01-2016, 11:35 AM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Are you sure your name is not David Clarke?
Yes, I'm sure I'm not Sheriff Clarke. What's wrong with him?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Since the Jim Crow laws were abolished.
The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, the bill was crafted in response to members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods while they were conducting what would later be termed copwatching. They garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched bearing arms upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.

Republicans in California supported increased gun control. Governor Ronald Reagan was present when the protesters arrived and later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will." In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."

The bill was signed by Reagan and became California penal code 25850 and 171c

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

Old 12-01-2016, 11:41 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
That was such a sad story.

You watch, if enough Blacks start buying firearms, suddenly, some gun regulation will be a good thing!
Do you care to go into detail exactly what you mean?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've never generalized Democrats as the ban happy bunch. But said bunch does vote that way. And nobody can purchase a firearm from a dealer under a fake name gun show or otherwise. All purchases are run through NCIC., and valid ID is required. Nothing "freely" about it. And that BC is a nationwide policy. It's in place and it works.

Also, far more guns get into criminal hands via weapons stolen from the government than from civilians. WAY more. And the government does NOT want people knowing just how many.
This is untrue, this is exactly why the President has the ATF redefining what a gun dealer is.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...e-and-make-our

also, the only states that require a background check for all private sales are California

Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
New York
Nevada
Oregon
Rhode Island
Washington

in every other state you either only need a background check for a hand gun, or non at all.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:09 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Actually YOU and your ignorant baseless fear mongering is why they're buying guns. Minorities are still, as they have been for years, FAR more in danger of each other than they are of white men.
Then it is a "win win" now that they are armed. It will speed up the process.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:17 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Do you care to go into detail exactly what you mean?

Its not hard to fathom. Apparently blacks who abide the law are going to frighten white people into supporting gun control if they start buying guns, as if they were ever the element such white people worry about. It seems to me the black criminal element already has them, which is what pro gun supporters keep saying generally applies to criminals to the point everyone is the same color, blue from a dearth of oxygen.

I am just sad to see it took Trump to make some of these people skeptical of growing da guberment power at the federal level especially.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:21 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
I don't have a hatred for my own race. I just realize that most people I meet, whether black or white, are nice people. So just because I don't view whites as the bane of all evil doesn't mean that I hate my own race.
I agree that most people are nice. I also don't view whites as the "bane of evil."

But your posts and especially the bolded portion I highlighted reminded me of Uncle Ruckus lol.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, I can tell you don't know many black nationalists types of people.

A majority of them are "law abiding" people and have never been in trouble with the law. A significant number of my in-laws (I am black) are black nationalist sympathizers, some are members of the Nation of Islam (NOI) and they all have legally purchases fire arms and are heavily armed. They have been the main ones encouraging other black people to get arms and they are the main black people I know who have created and sustained predominantly black gun clubs.

Black nationalists doesn't mean "criminal." Most of the black people you label as "thugs" and who are criminals in the street do not ascribe to any sort of black nationalist ideology nor do they follow any known black nationalist leaders. They are just criminals who are out to make money. Black nationalists are out to make a black nation (and believe me they have some nutty ideas about this) and a huge component of that nation is protecting themselves from "evil" white "devils" as they call you. They are probably the most heavily armed black people I know and a large amount of people in my family who are currently NOI members or supporters are also military veterans. (ETA: please reference Ralph's post below, the man who killed all those police officers in Dallas was a military vet, no trouble with the law, and was a black nationalist. The one who killed the 3 officers in Louisiana was also a military vet who was a black nationalist who had no previous criminal record. Too many people like yourself are very ignorant - and that is not meant to be an insult just that you don't know - about what a black nationalist is. Also too many are too biased against black men in particular and they think that all black criminals are black nationalists when the nationalists look down on criminals in the street much more fiercely than you do. They will also take on black criminals and beat them back into submission. The NOI has a reputation for this - taking on gangs and keeping black neighborhoods safe from black gangs and criminals. This is because they are not afraid of black criminals like many white nationalists are and they will go out and confront them and make them leave. IMO they are much more "aggressive" than white nationalist in a way as they are not bound by racial fear of whites or blacks).

I remember the Dallas shooting and what I especially remember about it other than the tragedy is the fact that black men with guns who were legally open carrying said weapons were seen as suspects during that situation.

I didn't say the purchase of a gun was a "violent" act. I said it was an act of "aggression."
I did go on to say this:

Quote:
That's the thing-you have to be a law abiding citizen to legally purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer (which is what the thread was about BTW). Been out looting, rioting, smashing cars, blocking traffic, etc, etc? And been arrested for it? Been convicted? Guess what? There goes your right to buy a firearm. Let alone if you smoke weed.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what the poster I replied to meant by a "black nationalist type". I think of your average BLM dipweed that has done those things. Could well be something else. I'm sure that the vast majority of blacks, like whites, have no criminal record and can legally possess a firearm. BLM idiots make up a small portion of the black population, just like KKK idiots make up a very small portion of the white one.
The problem is the term "black nationalist" or "white nationalist" is thrown around, usually as a pejorative, but with little in the line of a common definition. Either is portrayed as a term for racial supremacy and associated with racist beliefs or actions. The impression the media portrays when using the term "white nationalist" is a KKK member. Based upon that, when many people hear the term "black nationalist" they think BLM or some other group promoting racial supremacy. In both case the term "**** nationalist" most likely is far different than what the media attempts to portray.

Quote:
Too many people like yourself are very ignorant - and that is not meant to be an insult just that you don't know - about what a black nationalist is. Also too many are too biased against black men in particular and they think that all black criminals are black nationalists when the nationalists look down on criminals in the street much more fiercely than you do. They will also take on black criminals and beat them back into submission. The NOI has a reputation for this - taking on gangs and keeping black neighborhoods safe from black gangs and criminals.
To the extent that that is the case, I have NO issue with the NOI. I think we need a far greater amount of this type of vigilantism in the community, both black and white, to address the issues of criminals, and especially gangs. Honest, law abiding, productive people need to take their neighborhoods back from criminals. I sincerely hope that this is the case with the NOI and that they succeed in doing so.

My initial reaction with the term Nation of Islam is no different than the term Aryan Nations. Islam as a political system is every bit as barbaric as the association of Aryans with Nazism. As such I am bothered by either group that would embrace such a term. From what I have read the original Black Panther party had no such inherently supremacist connotations and is an organization I support. Unfortunately my impression of the NBPP is that they do not share that belief and have distorted the purpose of the BPP to support blatant racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies