Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:29 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Is that so?
Yes, that's so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 05:32 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah.
I'll watch for the report.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:33 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yes, that's so.
Get back to me if/when you ever do anything except make idle chat on a web forum.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I'll watch for the report.
When I take them food the last thing I'm concerned with is a permit.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:32 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most, if not all, states require a Food Handler license/ permit. Municipalities within states may impose more requirements than the state. Usually at least one person affiliated with food needs to be licensed.

Too bad no one affiliated with this great food giveaway bothered to take care of business. A simple 90 minute online course and a $25 fee and they would have been good to go in Kansas City.

KCMO.gov » Online food handler training

State and municipal health departments routinely shut down food operations when no one affiliated is licensed.

The flip side is, who is responsible if , out of carelessness/ ignorance, the food becomes contaminated and 3000 homeless people become sickened and potentially need medical care, if for no other reason than extreme dehydration?

Imagine 3000 homeless people hit with spontaneous diarrhea and projectile vomiting and no where to go? Shelters are not going to deal with it.
Please they could care less about the homeless who eat out of garbage containers. It is all about making more money. You real think that the people feeding the homeless are not cooking their food so the homeless can get sick?

Old 11-25-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Please they could care less about the homeless who eat out of garbage containers. It is all about making more money. You real think that the people feeding the homeless are not cooking their food so the homeless can get sick?
There is a certain percentage of people who really get off on controlling others. It's not about money.

We had the health Dept getting out of control here over smoking. There was no money to be made. It took quite a bit of exposure and complaints to get them to back off.

Well, by no money to be made I suppose that isn't completely correct. There was the fines.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:05 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
I know of a situation where someone died from tainted food at a festival. Many people got sick from it(several were hospitalized for several days) and one person died. It was investigated. All the sick people at food at 1 vendor. Raw meat was not kept at the proper temperature.

Sometimes with these outbreaks, dozens of people fall ill or even a hundred ill people.

If someone gets sick or dies from a food borne illness, lawsuits can occur. If the food inspectors allowed unlicensed vendors to serve food to the public, the inspectors and the government agency they work for can be held liable. The town could lose millions in a lawsuit if they decided to turn their eyes the other way and ignore the law, even if the people getting the food are homeless.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I know of a situation where someone died from tainted food at a festival. Many people got sick from it but one person got sick, was hospitalized and died. It was investigated and they found that all the sick people at food at 1 vendor. Raw meat was not kept at the proper temperature.

Sometimes with these outbreaks, dozens of people fall ill or even a hundred ill people.

If someone gets sick or dies from a food borne illness, lawsuits can occur. If the food inspectors allowed unlicensed vendors to serve food to the public, the inspectors and the government agency they work for can be held liable. The town could lose millions in a lawsuit if they decided to turn their eyes the other way and ignore the law, even if the people getting the food are homeless.
I'll bet they had permits and inspections there.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I know of a situation where someone died from tainted food at a festival. Many people got sick from it but one person got sick, was hospitalized and died. It was investigated and they found that all the sick people at food at 1 vendor. Raw meat was not kept at the proper temperature.

I saw a man commit suicide after his barbeque was taken away,

Old 11-25-2016, 07:36 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
There is a state wide grocery chain that makes BBQ chicken in the deli. A half hour before closing, they would sell the chicken at half price. Since the chicken could not be sold the next day, any left over was given away at store closing to waiting homeless center reps. That can't be done anymore.
But a customer in the store can take a chicken, bring it to a cash register, pay for it WITH SALES TAX COLLECTED, carry it to your car, drive home with it, place it on a table and eventually consume it.
Same length of time is used when given to homeless people but with one exception. SALES TAX is not collected. When it comes to government practices, always follow the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies