Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 11:33 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I saw no Republicans rooting for President Obama. They met the night of his inauguration to oppose anything and everything. I saw Republicans attack President Obama for everything down to his jeans. And I said then that if a Republican is elected president, they will beg for civility when President Obama received none. Michelle Obama is classier than most, no question about that, in spite of the names they called her.

If Republicans in Congress really would have opposed Obama, they would have impeached him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 11:36 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
If Republicans in Congress really would have opposed Obama, they would have impeached him.
Is that so?

On what charge?

Old 11-26-2016, 11:40 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I heard that "real news" comes from Breitbart, BareNakedIslam, the Daily Stormer, etc.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:41 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
It's not about using Twitter.

It's the content of the stuff he puts out there...and later deletes...and puts out there...and later deletes, ad nauseum. It reflects a guy that acts and speaks before thinking.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:50 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Why do you lefties feel the need to "get back" at Republicans by attacking Trump?

If people were mean to Obama why not follow Michelle Obama's advice of "when they go low , we go high" ?

You guys are all excited about how you plan to criticize the next President. When you should be rooting for him to succeed so that things are better for the country.

Good example of Cutting off your nose to spite your face!
Did you follow your own advice during the 8 years Obama was president? You rooted for him? You denounced Republican tactics of obstructing everything Obama put on the table?

Republicans are masters at cutting off their noses to spite their face. They wanted so badly to make Obama look bad and to try to take him down, they were willing to do ANYTHING to achieve that.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:39 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Don't they know both Obama and Hillary have Twitter accounts too? In addition to other social media accounts?

They make it seem like it's so weird that Trump uses Twitter. Like it's something Presidents or Presidential candidates just don't do.

Hillary was blatantly using Twitter to troll Trump during her failed campaign.

Just another example of the hypocrisy.

Bingo.

I don't have a Twitter account (and don't intend to get one), but I do read other people's public tweets, especially when something is trending.

And yes, everyone else can take to various social platforms--except Trump, apparently. Case in point: Christiane Amanpour's diatribe in which she laments the election results and, particularly, the fact that Trump was saavy in doing an end run around us, and went directly to the people.

Sacre bleu! The horror! Imagine the nerve of Americans not needing YOU, Christiane, and your ilk to filter our news.

Isn't technology wonderful?

Old 11-28-2016, 06:42 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
I could care less as twitter is for teens.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:26 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Bingo.

I don't have a Twitter account (and don't intend to get one), but I do read other people's public tweets, especially when something is trending.

And yes, everyone else can take to various social platforms--except Trump, apparently. Case in point: Christiane Amanpour's diatribe in which she laments the election results and, particularly, the fact that Trump was saavy in doing an end run around us, and went directly to the people.

Sacre bleu! The horror! Imagine the nerve of Americans not needing YOU, Christiane, and your ilk to filter our news.

Isn't technology wonderful?
Yes it's similar to the way CNN said told viewers that it was illegal for them to view Wikileaks
But it's different for journalists..

They've already proven to be biased and not trustworthy yet they are crying wondering why people no longer trust them . They created their own problems just like Hillary did .

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...is-wrong.shtml

Old 11-28-2016, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Don't they know both Obama and Hillary have Twitter accounts too? In addition to other social media accounts?

They make it seem like it's so weird that Trump uses Twitter. Like it's something Presidents or Presidential candidates just don't do.

Unfiltered through the media. Straight from the horse's mouth.....
The left hates it. They want the media to be able to put their spin on it.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:32 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:

I'm a "righty" that voted for Trump and hate the fact the guy is typing on Twitter. He's the President Elect for crying out loud. Act like it.

Time to put the twitter account on hold, or he will justly face criticism from even people like me that cast him my vote.

One thing Trump needs to do better is operating out of the spotlight.

I think he has a huge upside and potential to turn things around in this country, so he got my vote.

I will not support and defend any stupid thing he says or does though, and typing his feelings into his daily Twitter update for all the world to see for the POTUS is downright dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies