Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh how the left has changed their tune....
Who told you I was left?

And what tune has changed? You appear tone deaf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Raul Castro announced in 2013 that he would not seek further office at the end of his term in 2018. So who is the likely successor?

Old 11-27-2016, 10:22 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Selective memory and shortsightedness since we killed a tremendous number of kids in Iraq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
stop deflecting the issue is Castro- IRAQ WAS A WAR- CUBA is an oppressed society
You really don't get it do you? Of course Castro was a tyrant. But to rant and rave about his crimes like his are something different to ours is laughable.

Hundreds of thousands of children died in Iraq BEFORE the war, from policies enacted by the US government. People, some innocent, are dying from drone missiles sent by the US and my government as well.

You remember 'Shock and Awe'? Castro, and his crimes are small beer compared.

The rants here about him as if he was something different makes me laugh. The only difference is, we vote our war criminals in. The Cubans didn't get that choice. As always, the victors write the history books.

Like I said in an earlier post. We stopped being the good guys in 1945. Since then, it's been murky at best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFH7C3vkK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hjse9D4VA

Who do you think will be remembered?

Old 11-30-2016, 09:28 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Cuba has always been a under a dictator. When Raul dies someone else is going to slip right in like he has been there all the time. The Cubans who wanted true freedom have already left the island. The people left have drunk the Kool aid. They are happy with a dictatorship.
I don't foresee Cubans ever having a Free country unless they rise up and fight for their country...

Old 11-30-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Cuba has always been a under a dictator. When Raul dies someone else is going to slip right in like he has been there all the time. The Cubans who wanted true freedom have already left the island. The people left have drunk the Kool aid. They are happy with a dictatorship.
I don't foresee Cubans ever having a Free country unless they rise up and fight for their country...
Yep, I guess you're right. Maybe, once old man Castro jnr dies, many Cubans living in America will return to rebuild the country huh? Meanwhile, the Cuban people mourn Castro..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnx1vm-PmvM

Old 11-30-2016, 09:50 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post

They tried-- but when asked for help as leaving though the states the answer was NO

Old 11-30-2016, 09:54 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Who told you I was left?

And what tune has changed? You appear tone deaf.

No you are not left- not sure even - but as someone else put it-- distasteful and appalling. are you Raul?

Old 11-30-2016, 09:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
He is a great historical figure. RIP.
Tell that to all the people that went to his political prisons, and all his opponents that went before the firing squad. He was nothing more or less than a petty Central American dictator, not to mention Khrushchev's pet monkey.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Tell that to all the people that went to his political prisons, and all his opponents that went before the firing squad. He was nothing more or less than a petty Central American dictator, not to mention Khrushchev's pet monkey.
Don't forget Brezhnev's also......... But not an American President's pet monkey huh?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:00 AM

1,180 posts, read 778,147 times
Screw. Fidel. Castro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies