Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 01:02 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There's a sucker born every minute.
Very true as demonstrated by our latest election.

The 2nd part of the axiom also demonstrated, ... for every sucker born, 2 Con Artists are born to take'm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 01:06 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
My God Man! That (unfortunately) cannot be unseen! Creeeeepy! (Please provide a warning next time - I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)

Old 11-26-2016, 01:08 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Very true as demonstrated by our latest election.

The 2nd part of the axiom also demonstrated, ... for every sucker born, 2 Con Artists are born to take'm.
Yep, too many suckers showed at the polls on election night. Con men know how to manipulate the gullible.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:14 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
If that happened, then you should be able to prove it. Can you?
I said they had the opportunity since they created the news by running the polling operations then reporting it. Most had Clinton +4 to +6 the day before the election. So either they were horrible at polling or trying to make Clinton look good. I can prove they reported polls that turned out to be way off but why that was the case is hard to say. I know Nate Silver got attacked by the left for giving Trump a 35% chance of winning when most of the news outlets gave him only a 10% chance or less.

Quote:
I didn't know that. Can you cite the source of that "fact", please? Thanks!
Commission on Presidental Debates Announces Polls to be used in 2016 Candidate Selection Criteria

CPD:

Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting that there were no media stories about WikiLeaks, the Anthony Weiner indiscretions, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation scandals, deleted e-mails, her private server, WhiteWater, and Bill's womanizing?
Good example if you google Clinton Foundation CNN

https://www.google.com/search?q=clinton+foundation+cnn

or

Trump Foundation CNN

https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...utf-8&oe=utf-8

CNN's reporting of the Clinton Foundation took up 3 links on the first Google search page. One explained the Clinton Foundation and how wonderful they believe it is, one was about a Fox news report about the Clinton Foundation CNN said was not accurate and the last was about how much better the Clinton Foundation is compared to the Trump Foundation. Nothing about any of the controversies surrounding it or Pay for Play allegations.

When googling the Trump Foundation CNN has 7 very negative stories. At the very least both foundations had controversies going on during the election but CNN chose only to report issues with Trump.

I could use this sort of example over and over.

Quote:
I suppose that opinion depends on which part of the media you are referring to. Last time I checked, Fox News was number one in the ratings. Are you saying "they did everything they could for Clinton?"
Trump battled with Fox in a way very different than the past few Republican candidates for president. Megyn Kelly was a example of that. Sure Fox was tough on Clinton but not a rubber stamp for Trump at all.

sorry the links came out messed up.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:17 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
They had no problem giving Gomer Bush a second term and anyone with a measurable IQ knew he lied thousands of soldiers to their deaths in Iraq. In other words, relax.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:30 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

It's too early for you to feel betrayed.

Some of us do not believe in capital repatriation, and supply side economics because we have experienced those tricks before and we realized they do not work.

Learning from experience is good.

Evaluate Trump's performance in 2 yrs.

I do like that you are paying attention though. That's a good sign

Old 11-26-2016, 01:34 PM

237 posts, read 245,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thank you! But you ask way too much of this forum...
Don't feed the troll.

OP, maybe you should wait till after January 20th and just relax until then.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:35 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:

I disagreed with everything the man said during the election. He is now going back on what he said. I still think he is a major dickbag and will never respect him. He's a lying, slithering, orange, small handed weenie.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:39 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
He isn't going back with one exception... prosecuting Clinton... need to stop reading liberal propaganda from WaPo...

True, and for sure the liberal media bastions of yellow journalism are doing their best to discredit anything and everything that Trump does or says, and their goals to destroy the man also include trying to discredit him with his supporters. But even a little common sense should tell anyone that it's not possible to actualize campaign promises instantly with a flick of a switch, especially before the president-elect takes the office. It's also important to realize that no president operates in isolation, he has to make those decisions and bring about changes within the balances of power, he has to pick his battles in this context, and make some of those changes in incremental steps which take time.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:40 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:

Wait, umm, you mean you actually believed the promises he made when he said that...

...Hillary would be in Jail
...he would build a wall paid by Mexico
...he would deport 11 million illegals
...he would get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something terrific
...Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security would be saved without cutting benefits.
...he would never take a vacation
...he'd bring back waterboarding

and some others but you get the idea. Very little of what he said is actually achievable in today's USA but he has 4 years so we will see how far he gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies