Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 05:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Wait, umm, you mean you actually believed the promises he made when he said that...

...Hillary would be in Jail
...he would build a wall paid by Mexico
...he would deport 11 million illegals
...he would get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something terrific
...Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security would be saved without cutting benefits.
...he would never take a vacation
...he'd bring back waterboarding

and some others but you get the idea. Very little of what he said is actually achievable in today's USA but he has 4 years so we will see how far he gets.
Yes, they did believe all that crap! Not only are the above not achievable, Don The Con KNEW they weren't achievable. In fact, he doesn't even care enough about half of those things to go to the trouble of carrying them out. So, in terms of getting them done, I say he gets as far as I can throw him.

It won't be too long before the Trumpsters realize that the man they elected is, not only the kind of New York liberal elite they despise (though he's pulled off the conservative act well enough to fool them thus far), he's also a professional corporate liar. Trump, anti-establishment? What a riot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 06:09 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
First of all the Trump Foundation is a private foundation. It was formed back in the 80's to distribute profits from one of his book sales. Different purpose and much smaller scale than what the Clintons have.

If you want to know what his foundation gave to you can google the 990 forms. They are public records. The 2014 990 tax return is online as are other years. He took in around $500K in 2014 and spent all of it on various charities, excluding paying an accountant to do the return. Trump does not get paid from it nor does anyone else. He gave to various cancer charities, wounded warrior and other groups mostly in the $5k to 10K range. He did give $26K to the Anti Defamation League which is interesting.

I have a background in finance and accounting and it all looks pretty straight forward. If you look at his foundation numbers compared to the revenue Trump generates in business its the equivalent of a $20 bill for most folks. But CNN seemed to think it was a much bigger story than the Clinton Foundation.
To whom did he donate the paintings of himself to?
They cost the foundation a lot of money.
I just don't get the feeling he was doing anything but window dressing
with his foundation. Probably a tax break of some sort.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think that after the inauguration, the Trump crowd will have a major sugar crash. All of a sudden empty slogans will not work.

Trump doesn't remember half of what he said. He likes to hear the sound of his own voice and applause. How many times during debates or interviews did we hear him say he never said something, and then had his own words read back to him.

He made promises without even having a clue about the law or how government works. Really easy to promise stuff if you have no idea what has to be done to fulfill that promise.

He's never had a clue what he believed on the issues. He would say something in an interview then change his policy 6 times in the next 3 days. Why do you think he hasn't given a press conference or one on one since July? He tweets something, then takes it back, and someone writes something else for him to say. He has read other people's words from his teleprompters. Those around him have gone on air to re-interpret everything he says.

He is easily influenced and easily manipulated by those around him, so anything he said in the past might change at any time. He's taking advice on politics and governing from an alt-right maniac and his 35-year-old son-in-law real estate guy. And, of course, his rather spoiled kids, who seem very far removed from the real world.

He's promised his cult everything. Of course he will not honor half of it. He's boxed himself in and he's not the brilliant guy he keeps telling everyone he is. This is the Peter Principle in action. He will do what people around him tell to do, as he is in over his head and has never before had to deal with the fact that words and actions have consequences.

The only thing you need to know is which of his 'advisors' he will listen to, because he hasn't made any decisions unrelated to branding, publicity, building resorts or bailing out of debt.
Love this post. The bolded cracked me up. LOL. The truth. Trump is a total tool.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:14 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Love this post. The bolded cracked me up. LOL. The truth. Trump is a total tool.
That's MR. President tool to you! Just get back in the freebie line while it last, WE have control of the country for the nest few years!! Regardless of promises kept or not......

Old 11-26-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
That's MR. President tool to you! Just get back in the freebie line while it last, WE have control of the country for the nest few years!! Regardless of promises kept or not......
YOU have control of NOTHING. You'll learn that. Then again, if you believe that Mafia Don cares about li'l ol' you out there in "flyover country" Minnesota, you'll believe anything he tells you, won't you?

Old 11-26-2016, 06:33 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
Actually, he will probably say "Trump it!" That's the synonym you will find in any thesaurus printed since 2014.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:41 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
To whom did he donate the paintings of himself to?
They cost the foundation a lot of money.
I just don't get the feeling he was doing anything but window dressing
with his foundation. Probably a tax break of some sort.
My guess is it was originally set up so that he did not have to pay taxes on some of his book sales. Its legal to take tax deductions even if you are Donald Trump. Before he ran for office who even knew he had a foundation, I did not. So window dressing? No. It only came to light when the media tried to make a negative story about it. Was there at least a couple of occasions where foundation money was spent poorly. Yes. Is it a story worthy of greater media scrutiny than the Clinton Foundation? Of course not.

I would suggest you read what the New York Times had to say about the Clinton Foundation back in 2013. This of course was back before HC's run for POTUS and the nonstop love fest began for her at the NYT.

Unease at Clinton Foundation Over Finances and Ambitions - The New York Times

Old 11-26-2016, 07:11 PM

11,343 posts, read 16,699,701 times
You know. Trump could follow Obama's plan to a tee and I wouldn't care.

Trump beat Clinton...BAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-26-2016, 07:57 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,572 times
[quote=GHOSTRIDER AZ;46315499]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore?? [/quote

Trump is on tracks and the real work begins from Day 1. Not a day sooner!
Don't you love how the haters are back who cares all I can say is Thank God Hillary lost and Obama is leaving soon and did nothing with his false promises of hope and change .

Old 11-26-2016, 08:53 PM

811 posts, read 550,545 times
If you voted for Trump and actually thought he was going to do anything he said you are truly an idiot. He tapped into the emotions of white hicks (who weren't that smart to begin with in their middle-America trailer parks) and won. He's a smart guy despite what liberals say, he conned y'all, the same way Obama did blacks.

Again, if you're an adult and thought Trump could have followed through his campaign ideas please message me. I can also clear any debt you have and all you need to do is send me your credit card numbers.

lol Did y'all actually think he could bring back jobs and fix black communities too?

Poor white hicks that have been struggling actually thought a rich white man that was born with a silver spoon would have helped them. Lyndon B. Johnson had a quote, he said "Convince even the poorest white man he's better than a negro, and he won't realize when you're picking his pocket". And mr. trump who is smarter than any of his voters has/will be doing just that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies