Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 02:15 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

Their willful blindness to the things they say they fear about gov't when it relates to Trump.

It's shocking how many Conservatives believe in either some New World Order cabal or that personal financial gain will lead politicians to serve up American interests to our "enemies" if it lines their pocket.

Meanwhile, Trump has more direct investments with foreign powers, particularly our biggest political rival in Russia, than any President or foreign leader in modern history. He refuses to divest his holdings or put them in any kind of trust that at least makes it look like there's no conflict of interest.

And the same people who are hooting and hollering about anything that looks like this exact scenario that Trump is in... are silent. They're all "Well... let's wait and see what happens..."

I want to hear from the Conservatives who believe that most of the scientist who are supporting climate change b/c it lines their pocket, that limiting pollution into the air is nothing more than gov't officials trying to get rich, that foreign contributions to the Clinton Foundation was proof that she'd be doling out favors left & right once she was in office.

How do you all get to point where you've laid out all the things you say you're "concerned" about and then just put on blinders when there's a politician who's literally in position to make those concerns real...

Old 11-26-2016, 02:20 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
What I hate about some of them is they are treating us on the left as rape victims who should just sit back and take the rape and enjoy it

Old 11-26-2016, 02:26 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Their willful blindness to the things they say they fear about gov't when it relates to Trump.

It's shocking how many Conservatives believe in either some New World Order cabal or that personal financial gain will lead politicians to serve up American interests to our "enemies" if it lines their pocket.

Meanwhile, Trump has more direct investments with foreign powers, particularly our biggest political rival in Russia, than any President or foreign leader in modern history. He refuses to divest his holdings or put them in any kind of trust that at least makes it look like there's no conflict of interest.
I did not vote for Trump but if his financial interests keeps us out of starting even more wars, I'm good with it.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Eddie, you sound like a smart guy. You don't think blind loyalty and idiocy exists on both sides? It's the most frightening part of politics, in my opinion.

I'm more in the middle, and not who you're looking for replies from, but let me say, I don't know if it's new world order, I just know that some people seem to have an agenda, and that agenda included pushing Europe to take in *refugees*, and then making the statement that Europe is about to collapse because of those *refugees*, all while pushing America to do the same thing.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out it's a very very bad idea to do what Europe did. Call it whatever you like - it's a bad idea, based not on rumor or speculation, but honest observation of what's going on in Europe.

And I do think much of what's happened under this administration indicates they're not interested in putting American citizens first, they don't care about transparency, which is what Obama promised, that they don't care about pursuit of justice or ethics.

I voted for Obama twice. It scares the ****e out of me that most people who voted for him cannot see how he's broken promises and lied. What the H does it take for people to be honest with themselves???

Old 11-26-2016, 02:27 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What I hate about some of them is they are treating us on the left as rape victims who should just sit back and take the rape and enjoy it
What has Trump DONE? How can anyone be a victim of someone who has not yet served!?

Old 11-26-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
What has Trump DONE? How can anyone be a victim of someone who has not yet served!?
I'm talking about posters here on this site who are just continually rubbing it in our faces, and running up the score, and continually reminding us about how we lost and should just suck it up and take what comes

Old 11-26-2016, 02:32 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm talking about posters here on this site who are just continually rubbing it in our faces, and running up the score, and continually reminding us about how we lost and should just suck it up and take what comes
For months there were posts here about how Hillary already had it won. It had "polls" showing Hillary way ahead. Yes, those threads have been drug up to throw in people's faces. I may not see the benefit but you'll have that.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:34 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,165,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I did not vote for Trump but if his financial interests keeps us out of starting even more wars, I'm good with it.
That's a horrible justification for conflicts of interest.

Pardon me if I'm stretching reason but doesn't that also mean you're ok with us going to war for his financial interests too?

Old 11-26-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
For months there were posts here about how Hillary already had it won. It had "polls" showing Hillary way ahead. Yes, those threads have been drug up to throw in people's faces. I may not see the benefit but you'll have that.
I wasn't one of them, heck, due to the electoral college giving the redneck states way too much weight, I always expect the R's to win unfortunately

Old 11-26-2016, 02:42 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Nothing annoys me about Hillary supporters.

...anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies