Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 08:46 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He isn't the one that set it so low. Our boycott did absolutely NOTHING to help make life better for the people of Cuba.
I am glad that with the boycott gone that Cubans will once again prosper in a manner to match their world-leading healthcare system. Obama is quite forward seeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 08:58 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Viva Obama !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2016, 10:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
what is there to suggest relations will be normalized with the passing of FC?

is this like another nobel peace prize given to obama for somthing he might theoretically do at some future date, maybe?

missed the part about how the US benefitted from the 'deal'. It was typical obama giving away the store.

getting back chesimard are we?

Yes the US needs to cultivate relations with all of south and central america and cuba, problem is up to now, the US has been lagging.

the people in miami beg to differ with you about obama and future projections unless raoul rolls over.
You want Chesimard back? For what exactly?

Are you willing to give Cuba Luis Posada Carriles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
It comes down to phonics, it's Who's Sane?
Youse sane.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:15 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
I've no objection to normalizing relations with Cuba, but Obama gave away many concessions and asked for none in return. That's not how international politics is played. The Cubans should have given the USA something for lifting the boycott I don't know what, freeing political prisoners, allowing passports to Cuban national immigrants in the USA on asylum visas, there had to be something that the USA gained from the deal instead of giving it as a free gift all wrapped in ribbons.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I've no objection to normalizing relations with Cuba, but Obama gave away many concessions and asked for none in return. That's not how international politics is played. The Cubans should have given the USA something for lifting the boycott I don't know what, freeing political prisoners, allowing passports to Cuban national immigrants in the USA on asylum visas, there had to be something that the USA gained from the deal instead of giving it as a free gift all wrapped in ribbons.
We should have required nothing, asked for nothing and never did anything to start with.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:18 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Adding this. I think it is fairly disgusting to see all the partying in the streets over Castro's death. A bit of quiet relief might be appropriate but not this wild celebration of a human being dying.

I don't expect anyone to miss him but its inappropriate behavior.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Adding this. I think it is fairly disgusting to see all the partying in the streets over Castro's death. A bit of quiet relief might be appropriate but not this wild celebration of a human being dying.

I don't expect anyone to miss him but its inappropriate behavior.
Have you experienced what some of them have experienced?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:20 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
They should have apologized for allowing Soviet missiles on their land before we normalized anything.

But Obama never was one for accurate history.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:26 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah..time to give him some well deserved props.

With Fidel dying, the transition to normalized relations looks even more promising.

Good job Barry!
Except normalized relations with the U.S means letting the US take over and decide whats best for your country.

Source: US expansionalism

Old 11-27-2016, 01:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Lol...we took our boot off of their necks just a little bit. There's no need to wrangle concessions from someone for doing that. The policy was stupid to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Except normalized relations with the U.S means letting the US take over and decide whats best for your country.

Source: US expansionalism
That's very possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies