Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

They thought they could wear their burner costumes and headdresses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:36 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
The water this would affect goes through the reservation, plus this pipeline is currently planned to go through sacred burial grounds that should belong to the reservation since it has been their burial grounds long before we were ever there. But don't let facts get in your way in the name of harming First Nation Americans.
First Nation Americans.....well that IS a first for me. Interesting term. Didja hear that whilst sitting in a drum circle over a bong load when someone was having a profound revelation? You need to examine some things on this a bit closer. While I do believe that most of the actual American Indians camped out there really believe in what they're doing there,there are others, who are nowhere near there, and aren't about to leave their comfortable accomodations, that are tugging on strings. Both tribal and non tribal others.

As the subject of this thread indicates, the real Indians there are wising up to this a bit now. Realizing that there are a LOT of people there, supposedly "supporting" them that are doing everything but. Like this Red Warrior bunch. Never heard of them, but if they're anything like the New Warriors of Wovoka bunch on the rez near me they are nothing but pure poison.

They claim to be adhering to the prophecies of Jack Wilson who called himself Wovoka and carrying on the Ghost Dance. What they actually practice is a brand of hatred that makes the skinheads and the Klan look like unicorns and rainbows and fund their ...activities...by manufacturing and mulling meth. And also by selling it to their own people. Most of who shun them and avoid them assiduously. Then we have these White people showing up out there. All glassy eyed and talking their metaphysical bilge. As I said earlier, I really like the analogy of Burning Man.

Waving crystals around, shaking rattles, beating on hand drums, puffing on reed flutes and wailing incoherant sounds intended to be chanting to "invoke the spirits". Expecting to be given Indian names (and I'm sure they have been just not in the context they think they deserve) or some other "sacred" trinket to take home as tokens of gratitude for their presence. The arrogance of these spodes is astounding. Being as all they are doing is mooching off the Indian camps, scarfing down supplies and taking up space. Probably wondering why there aren't any vendors there serving "Native" food and selling authentic art. Basically embarrassing the hell out of the Indians by claiming affiliation.

Then back to the radicals like the Red Warriors. Sticking arrows in cattle, vandalizing, stealing and just stirring up steaming feces. Put it all together and it's just making the Indians look like fools. Because the people who are there because they truly believe they are doing right are lumped in with all the vermin. I may not agree with those people but I can respect them. The moony college kids and the radical rez rats, not so much. They're just furthering the goals of people who see nothing in any of this but a payday and are willing to use people like snot rags.

I truly do hope they run every one of the radicals and dred head professional "protesters" out and expose them for what they really are. Before the government gun thugs end up doing mag dumps because some doped up "spirit warrior" does something really stupid and the decent people get caught in the crossfire.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:32 PM

979 posts, read 490,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
First Nation Americans.....well that IS a first for me. Interesting term. Didja hear that whilst sitting in a drum circle over a bong load when someone was having a profound revelation? You need to examine some things on this a bit closer. While I do believe that most of the actual American Indians camped out there really believe in what they're doing there,there are others, who are nowhere near there, and aren't about to leave their comfortable accomodations, that are tugging on strings. Both tribal and non tribal others.

As the subject of this thread indicates, the real Indians there are wising up to this a bit now. Realizing that there are a LOT of people there, supposedly "supporting" them that are doing everything but. Like this Red Warrior bunch. Never heard of them, but if they're anything like the New Warriors of Wovoka bunch on the rez near me they are nothing but pure poison.

They claim to be adhering to the prophecies of Jack Wilson who called himself Wovoka and carrying on the Ghost Dance. What they actually practice is a brand of hatred that makes the skinheads and the Klan look like unicorns and rainbows and fund their ...activities...by manufacturing and mulling meth. And also by selling it to their own people. Most of who shun them and avoid them assiduously. Then we have these White people showing up out there. All glassy eyed and talking their metaphysical bilge. As I said earlier, I really like the analogy of Burning Man.

Waving crystals around, shaking rattles, beating on hand drums, puffing on reed flutes and wailing incoherant sounds intended to be chanting to "invoke the spirits". Expecting to be given Indian names (and I'm sure they have been just not in the context they think they deserve) or some other "sacred" trinket to take home as tokens of gratitude for their presence. The arrogance of these spodes is astounding. Being as all they are doing is mooching off the Indian camps, scarfing down supplies and taking up space. Probably wondering why there aren't any vendors there serving "Native" food and selling authentic art. Basically embarrassing the hell out of the Indians by claiming affiliation.

Then back to the radicals like the Red Warriors. Sticking arrows in cattle, vandalizing, stealing and just stirring up steaming feces. Put it all together and it's just making the Indians look like fools. Because the people who are there because they truly believe they are doing right are lumped in with all the vermin. I may not agree with those people but I can respect them. The moony college kids and the radical rez rats, not so much. They're just furthering the goals of people who see nothing in any of this but a payday and are willing to use people like snot rags.

I truly do hope they run every one of the radicals and dred head professional "protesters" out and expose them for what they really are. Before the government gun thugs end up doing mag dumps because some doped up "spirit warrior" does something really stupid and the decent people get caught in the crossfire.
First Nation is what Canadians call Natives in their country, it is a much more respectful term, I personally have adopted using that term to describe Native Americans because they are our First Nation Americans.
Since this term is new to you, even though it has been around for a while, might I suggest reading up on the term, its meaning, and where it comes from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Nations

Old 11-28-2016, 10:14 PM

163 posts, read 130,053 times
I have about 5 friends from the standing rock reservation, and about 30 from pine ridge or rosebud. They tell me the tribal leaders are all essentially criminal organizations that sell dope, kill people, and steal all the money from the people.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
First Nation is what Canadians call Natives in their country, it is a much more respectful term, I personally have adopted using that term to describe Native Americans because they are our First Nation Americans.
Since this term is new to you, even though it has been around for a while, might I suggest reading up on the term, its meaning, and where it comes from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Nations
My grandmother is half Native American and my cousins are also half. I've lived in native neighborhoods and hung out in native housing projects. Honestly, how much face to face experience do you have with native Americans? I ask this because when you really have to live with them and around them, it's very hard to not hate them. In fact most natives are racist against natives. My grandmother can't stand her own people and avoids them at all costs.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
I have about 5 friends from the standing rock reservation, and about 30 from pine ridge or rosebud. They tell me the tribal leaders are all essentially criminal organizations that sell dope, kill people, and steal all the money from the people.
Is this just rumors or do you have factual information on this that can be backed up as being real news stories rather than fake news?

Quote:
My grandmother is half Native American and my cousins are also half. I've lived in native neighborhoods and hung out in native housing projects. Honestly, how much face to face experience do you have with native Americans? I ask this because when you really have to live with them and around them, it's very hard to not hate them. In fact most natives are racist against natives. My grandmother can't stand her own people and avoids them at all costs.
In Oregon, I have interacted and been involved with a number of First Nation Americans in Oregon, my experiences clearly differ from your experiences because that is not how I would describe most of the people in Oregon tribes that I have come in contact with.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Is this just rumors or do you have factual information on this that can be backed up as being real news stories rather than fake news?
This isn't fake, this is well known and accepted. Its now become obvious you don't know many natives wasichu. You do realize these people are essentially untouchable. They inherit ultimate power and authority on there land. There are no police on the Rez other that tribal police who are corrupt. Rosebud reservation has a lot of bloods and crips and is probably 10% black. Now you ask yourself how and why are black men from California on an Indian reservation? Because they are wanted for serious crimes in the US, they hide in plain site on the reservation.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:

In Oregon, I have interacted and been involved with a number of First Nation Americans in Oregon, my experiences clearly differ from your experiences because that is not how I would describe most of the people in Oregon tribes that I have come in contact with.
Knowing and interacting with a few who live in white areas is much different than say living in star village projects or Lakota homes projects in rapid city, or hanging out in southside projects in Minneapolis. Places that are upwards of 90% Native American.

The lakota Sioux tribe in South Dakota is poorest, most inbred, and most corrupt tribe in the United States. The county pine ridge is on. Is the poorest county in America. The unemployment rate in some towns is 100%. The eastside towns near rosebud are the worst for violence and gangs. NEVER be white and go to Wonblee. You will be murdered, guarantee.

I know and respect a lot of natives, but there people have some SERIOUS issues. For instance, I do not know a single Lakota woman who was not raped by multiple relatives for years as a child.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:37 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
This isn't fake, this is well known and accepted. Its now become obvious you don't know many natives wasichu. You do realize these people are essentially untouchable. They inherit ultimate power and authority on there land. There are no police on the Rez other that tribal police who are corrupt. Rosebud reservation has a lot of bloods and crips and is probably 10% black. Now you ask yourself how and why are black men from California on an Indian reservation? Because they are wanted for serious crimes in the US, they hide in plain site on the reservation.
Pi is their sovereign land. Are you suggesting the US intervene in other countries?

Old 11-28-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I am still going to need factual information that backs up your claims....I personally don't believe everything I read on the internet just because someone I don't know tells me it is "well known and accepted." Since I don't know about it, I question how well known and accepted your claims really are....since this is so well known and accepted, it shouldn't be hard for you to find factual information.

Quote:
Knowing and interacting with a few who live in white areas is much different than say living in star village projects or Lakota homes projects in rapid city, or hanging out in southside projects in Minneapolis. Places that are upwards of 90% Native American.

The lakota Sioux tribe in South Dakota is poorest, most inbred, and most corrupt tribe in the United States. The county pine ridge is on. Is the poorest county in America. The unemployment rate in some towns is 100%. The eastside towns near rosebud are the worst for violence and gangs. NEVER be white and go to Wonblee. You will be murdered, guarantee.

I know and respect a lot of natives, but there people have some SERIOUS issues. For instance, I do not know a single Lakota woman who was not raped by multiple relatives for years as a child.
You do realize we have Native American Reservations in Oregon as well, I am not just "interacting with a few who live in white areas."

The Sioux tribe being the poorest tribe isn't an excuse to take advantage of them and pollute their water. If this pipeline is such a great thing, then they should have no problem running it north of Bismarck instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies