Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 04:33 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,534,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Delta later issued an apology but allowed this gentleman to continue his flight.

I have a feeling they would have dragged me off in cuffs.

Whatever happened to good old Southern hospitality? I hate to have folks in the ATL getting subjected to fighting words on an airplane.

Delta apologizes for not kicking belligerent pro-Trump passenger off plane | Fox News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrv4jLhDd8
People didn't have the ability to ignore the guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 04:43 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,785,892 times
You know....

One problem we have in this country culturally rests largely within the conservative base and it something that has continuously hurt discourse for a very long time.

I'm tired how some must come to the defense of a few clowns acting up. There isn't much grey area here, but they try to make it. Flamadiddle is encompassing this pretty well. There is no beating around the bush with this one; A duck is a duck. It is pretty sad behaviors from both people.

It isn't that the majority of conservatives in this thread, forum, or even country are doing this... but there is a loud group always there to argue no matter what, because making an a@@ out of himself on the plane is on their side and mustn't be that bad.

I'm sorry, but people need to clamp down on both of these behaviors overall if they ever expect civil discourse to improve.

Props to Delta for trying to take a public stance to atleast warn people they need to at least act a minimum level of civility on a plane.

I know when I come home on long business trips and am extremely underslept I'm in no position to tolerate or deal with anyone like this remotely near me, but it is also why I don't stand up and act like a douche-bag to everyone else on the plane.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:59 PM

23,488 posts, read 44,146,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
You know....

One problem we have in this country culturally rests largely within the conservative base and it something that has continuously hurt discourse for a very long time.

I'm tired how some must come to the defense of a few clowns acting up. There isn't much grey area here, but they try to make it. Flamadiddle is encompassing this pretty well. There is no beating around the bush with this one; A duck is a duck. It is pretty sad behaviors from both people.

It isn't that the majority of conservatives in this thread, forum, or even country are doing this... but there is a loud group always there to argue no matter what, because making an a@@ out of himself on the plane is on their side and mustn't be that bad.

I'm sorry, but people need to clamp down on both of these behaviors overall if they ever expect civil discourse to improve.

Props to Delta for trying to take a public stance to atleast warn people they need to at least act a minimum level of civility on a plane.

I know when I come home on long business trips and am extremely underslept I'm in no position to tolerate or deal with anyone like this remotely near me, but it is also why I don't stand up and act like a douche-bag to everyone else on the plane.
I, for one, am certainly not one to pin such behavior entirely on conservatives. Both factions contain a certain number of losers like this.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:14 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,275,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I, for one, am certainly not one to pin such behavior entirely on conservatives. Both factions contain a certain number of losers like this.
Yeah, all these educated liberal progressive redneck rural southern Hillary supporters, yelling out idiotic slurs and obtuse insults at random strangers, trying to intimidate people.

Give me a freaking break. This kind of thing is the behavior of conservative, rural, ignorant, white people. NASCAR type people. Rednecks. Republican voting, 'MERICA!!!! types. This kind of thing is not both sides.

Democrats weren't out there patrolling outside polling places with guns.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:16 PM

17,820 posts, read 13,733,143 times
God, guns and goatees baby................

Old 11-28-2016, 05:21 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,497,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, all these educated liberal progressive redneck rural southern Hillary supporters, yelling out idiotic slurs and obtuse insults at random strangers, trying to intimidate people.

Give me a freaking break. This kind of thing is the behavior of conservative, rural, ignorant, white people. NASCAR type people. Rednecks. Republican voting, 'MERICA!!!! types. This kind of thing is not both sides.

Democrats weren't out there patrolling outside polling places with guns.
Where did you buy your rose colored glasses? I'd like to get a pair to see what all those violent, hate filled Liberal "protests" look like from your angle.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:26 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,275,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Where did you buy your rose colored glasses? I'd like to get a pair to see what all those violent, hate filled Liberal "protests" look like from your angle.
I'm looking right now, and they look like they're not on Delta flights. Yep, nobody's yelling at fellow traveling strangers on their flight, but rather they are protesting outdoors on the streets. I'll keep you posted though!

Old 11-28-2016, 05:29 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,497,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'm looking right now, and they look like they're not on Delta flights. Yep, nobody's yelling at fellow traveling strangers on their flight, but rather they are protesting outdoors on the streets. I'll keep you posted though!
At least the guy on the Delta flight didn't attack anyone or their property unlike the liberal goons at all those protests.

A real peaceful bunch indeed. > http://nyti.ms/2eJPfNE

Liberals practically destroy the city of Portland and all we get are shoulder shrugs. Some drunk guy on a plane spouts off about Trump and it's Katie bar the door!

Oh the Irony!

Last edited by flamadiddle; 11-28-2016 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 05:30 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,785,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Liberals aren't perfect.

They have some of their own problems. They also have problems they share with conservatives.

But the particular problems we are spotting out here, while maybe not entirely on the conservative side.... are mostly on the conservative side and they have just enough people mobilized in public discourse where they support each other loudly, even when the offense is so blatantly obvious.

That happens to be a key problem I see time and time again on that side. Moderate conservatives and politicians are quiet about it, because it is a convenient base. But... they are allowing it.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:14 PM

23,488 posts, read 44,146,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
But on flights from ATL, many of the passengers, maybe at least half, are non-natives/non-locals that just make connections in ATL.
This guy was en route to Allentown on Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. That was his destination, so it's plausible that he lives in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies