Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 09:29 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

Democrats weren't out there patrolling outside polling places with guns.
No, they were too busy burning down their own neighborhoods.

Get a grip!

Not ALL Republicans are like him, and not ALL Democrats did what I just posted.

So stop wrapping everyone into one big package, because THAT is the epitome of ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 09:36 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You were the one who said Southerners are "enablers," so that's why I took it up with you. The burden of proof is on you to prove this was a plane full of Southerners.
I can't prove anything. What is my punishment?

Old 11-29-2016, 09:58 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I can't prove anything. What is my punishment?
Precisely.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:00 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
How to get this board riled up? Just put "Trump" in the title.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Take it up with Arjay. He's the one who asked what ever happened to Southern Hospitality.
Well, I messed up. I was just trying to make a joking reference to how civility has declined and the fact that we here in the south have traditionally prided ourselves on that.

Obviously this fool acted on his own and he is the one who should be ashamed of himself.

As Leroy Mercer would say, a man who acts like that is liable to get his a** whupped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxkrrvur9a0

Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
This is all just ridiculous PR. Delta is responding to a news story. Refunding everybody's money because I guy started going on about politics? Give me a break.

If Delta really cared about the passenger experience, it would have refunded my fare for having to sit next to the guy who reeked of body odor for 8 hours. Or the time I was next to the 400 pound guy who was spilling into my seat the entire time.

I'd much rather listen to some drunk idiot rant and rave for 30 seconds before take-off than have my entire flight ruined.

This is just a talking point and a PR story for Delta. The airline obviously doesn't really care about passenger experience, except when it blows up on social media.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:08 AM

6 posts, read 6,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
This is all just ridiculous PR. Delta is responding to a news story. Refunding everybody's money because I guy started going on about politics? Give me a break.

If Delta really cared about the passenger experience, it would have refunded my fare for having to sit next to the guy who reeked of body odor for 8 hours. Or the time I was next to the 400 pound guy who was spilling into my seat the entire time.

I'd much rather listen to some drunk idiot rant and rave for 30 seconds before take-off than have my entire flight ruined.

This is just a talking point and a PR story for Delta. The airline obviously doesn't really care about passenger experience, except when it blows up on social media.

Agreed- I've had far more obnoxious things ruin an entire 12+hour flight or trips cancelled for "weather" when it is 70/partly cloudy and gotten 500 miles for "compensation". Maybe they could actually put more effort into customer service if they didn't waste tens of thousands refunding an entire plane for a PR stunt. Guy definitely should have been kicked off though.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:09 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I am willing to bet that passengers would not have received compensation for their fares in this case if this whole thing had not been purposely filmed and blown up on the internet. How 'convenient'. I have seen my fair share of drunks ranting or otherwise being disruptive or slimy on planes before - and basically they were just put in their seats and told to calm down. No one was offered so much as a free Coke after they 'performed' and annoyed others. No one offers anything free either if a baby cries loudly for an entire 4 hour flight or people are sick all over each other.

In this case, the guy was removed from the plane for a few minutes and then came back - I would presume that the flight attendant scolded him well, etc. and he must have been contrite enough that she was not worried he was going to try to bust down a door in flight or attack anyone physically. Not going to check how long the flight was but I bet it was perhaps an hour and a half - did he rant and shout profanities for the whole flight? If not, then the interlude was brief and the guy was identified as an idiot but not a 'dangerous' one - and maybe he even passed out after a short while? How much is there we don't know compared to what we do know?

What the guy did was not appropriate - but it seems it was all blown out of proportion only because of the subject matter of his rant - and 'that' is not appropriate either. However it seems to have worked its magic - pitting people against each other here as we discuss it.
Excellent post. Read half the thread and stopped here. Nothing else needs saying. Kudos.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:42 PM

979 posts, read 490,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, both are racist morons. Why would you judge white racist morons differently than black racist morons? Granted the white ones are peaceful, not blocking highways or rioting. A-holes just the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Guess what? Neither are BLM members. This isn't 1860. Or even 1950 for that matter. They are both simple-minded racist "supremacists".
Ah yes, because racism ended in the country in 1950.....conservative history....BLM has a valid message about the black community and its relationship with law enforcement. White supremacists are just racist. Obviously, you disagree with me on this, and it is obvious to me that it is a waste of time to even bother to post this, but it is something I wanted to say. You are welcome to disagree with my opinion on this topic, but this is my opinion based off what I am seeing going on in this country.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:44 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Delta later issued an apology but allowed this gentleman to continue his flight.

I have a feeling they would have dragged me off in cuffs.

Whatever happened to good old Southern hospitality? I hate to have folks in the ATL getting subjected to fighting words on an airplane.

Delta apologizes for not kicking belligerent pro-Trump passenger off plane | Fox News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrv4jLhDd8
Dumb question. People have been removed for less...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies