Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times

Advertisements

Alexis de Tocqueville's marketplace of ideals is a real m.fer for those that want to only hear the same thing from 3 outlets.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:30 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
All authoritarians declare war on media. They want them silenced/controlled, so they can't speak critically of them.
Oh the irony.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Clinton lost because Team Clinton screwed up. They ignored warnings by their own kind (Union Leaders, Democrat Strategists, The NY Times) as early as January, before the Iowa caucuses in the primaries that if Trump became the Republican candidate that Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan would be in play. Yet, the General Election campaigning of Clinton shows they didn't heed the warning and took winning those states for granted.

The media did perpetuate the hype that she was a sure thing and so the bubble boys and girls were shocked and dismayed when they shouldn't have been. But, the media isn't responsible for the loss, just the reaction to it.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by steven_h

So... basically, you are saying that you've been wrong all along! Great to know, thanks for clarifying that!

Look at my tag... maybe you should have been listening all along

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
*looks at your tag

Yeah no. Deplorable people are deplorable. Trying to claim membership to one of the groups of people called out says more about you then I need to.
...that is all you got out of what I said and wonder why you lost?

Your queen called out more than 100M people, so just keep right on being ignorant and deaf and lose what little the progressive establishment hacks still control. Just a few short years ago it was the RP being called a "dead party" by the left, now it's the other way around because they listened and the DP didn't.

The 100M will survive just fine while they continue controlling government if you keep playing identity politics and ignoring millions.

BTW, I'm not an R or a D, didn't vote for the criminal or the Donald. So by your response not only are you wrong yet again, but you have no intention of actually listening. That's the definition of insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm actually more worried about the Media's war on The Truth.
They (the free press) are supposed to be an apolitical entity that protects people from bad policies and politicians. Watergate was child's play compared to the Clinton pay for play money machine. Rather than printing the truth, this time around, the press couldn't hide how they colluded with them.

It's not something new, the truth hasn't mattered to them for decades.

Last edited by steven_h; 11-28-2016 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 08:07 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But, the media isn't responsible for the loss, just the reaction to it.
Huh? Then the media's responsible.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:56 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think "Freedom from the Press" might be more beneficial than "Freedom of the Press".
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
*boggle*

If you believe this, you are in for a really really rude shock someday if your wishes occur.
It would be nice to a have legitimate press, not corporate media. Corporate media is useless.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
If nothing else, I'm glad Trump's campaign was a wake-up call, to those still sleeping, about the biased and divisive tactics used by the media.

Heck, Huffington Post giving Clinton a 98.1% chance of winning is enough to upset both sides. And it HAS. Much of the protests and unrest are a direct result of people in shock after being virtually promised Trump would lose.

And now these news outlets are suffering for it. Alexa web analytics has declining traffic ratings for many of these misinformation "news" sites.

I really think Trump sparked a new wave of skepticism, and given the deceptive times we live in, it's a healthy skepticism.
The main media on TV that can't be trusted is Fox News.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:19 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Umm, so Russia is funding Breitbart, okaaayyyy....
The main stream media has sucked itself into a pit and if its lack of credibility has forced people to go to other sources online to get real news, then whose to blame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies