Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 01:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That this works tells me there are more stupid people in positions of power than I ever realized.
The shape the country is in should have made that obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 01:57 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People are sick and tired of "political savvy". Political savvy is saying one thing and doing the other. The people who voted for Trump want absolutely nothing to do with Romney. I didn't vote for Trump and I want nothing to do with Romney.
Yeah, we don't want none a that there "political savvy" pu*** stuff, we should get Rambo to be secretary of state, dag nabbit, a straight shooter.

People are apparently sick and tired of being civilized educated grown ups as opposed to raving idiots who haven't progressed mentally past that age of 15.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:58 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Conway keeps criticizing Trump, maybe she should just let him make the decision. Secretary of State is probably one of the most important cabinet positions, it shouldn't be purely an award for political backers. Obama even appointed Clinton after an aggressive campaign, it wasn't nearly on a level of this one. Time to put differences aside and select who's best for the country.

Kellyanne Conway: Trump backers feel 'betrayed' by Romney consideration - CNNPolitics.com
Forgetting about past statements, Romney is clearly the best man for the job. Trump just needs to "git er dun" and select him. Have noooo idea where Conway's coming from, she seems to be getting loonier by the day.

What that said, why the hell would Mitt Romney want anything to do with this administration? If he does take the job it must be for altruistic reasons, because that would be an insanely stressful position. It's baffling.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:59 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That this works tells me there are more stupid people in positions of power than I ever realized.
I wouldn't say they're stupid, just human. Trump apparetly knows how to play human emotions.
I've known blue collar people who have met Trump and we're blown away. People that have bashed Trump walk away from a meeting with him all grins. I don't know what he's doing, but it seems to work.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:02 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I think Trump is throwing cards out there, but not actually showing his hand...he said it in one of the first debates, (if not the first) during the campaign for the nomination, that you never lay everything out on the table, especially at the beginning.

So why would he, suddenly, be laying it out on the table? I think he's playing people. His supporters need to have more faith in him.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, we don't want none a that there "political savvy" pu*** stuff, we should get Rambo to be secretary of state, dag nabbit, a straight shooter.

People are apparently sick and tired of being civilized educated grown ups as opposed to raving idiots who haven't progressed mentally past that age of 15.
We are in 5 wars.....how has that civility worked out?

Old 11-28-2016, 02:03 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I wouldn't say they're stupid, just human. Trump apparetly knows how to play human emotions.
I've known blue collar people who have met Trump and we're blown away. People that have bashed Trump walk away from a meeting with him all grins. I don't know what he's doing, but it seems to work.
He's a master manipulator. No doubt that he can turn on the charm when he wants to just like he can be a tyrant when he thinks that will benefit him. Zero integrity, zero credibility candidate - now a zero integrity, zero credibility President.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:04 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Secretary of State is probably one of the most important cabinet positions, it shouldn't be purely an award for political backers. Obama even appointed Clinton ...

who's best for the country.
The worst mistake Obama ever made was appointing that political hack of Bill Clinton's wife to Secretary of State, a person with no merit on her own, and she horribly botched it, the worst for the country in many ways.

Mitt Romney is in the same vein as Bush/Clinton and that whole cabal who have bought and sold our country's territorial integrity and legality to the highest bidder (e.g. the Saudis).

Kellyanne is absolutely right and accurately conveying that Trump backers would feel betrayed, no quotation marks, simple betrayal, by a Romney appointment for anything, and I hope she stands tall and strong on the merits of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Conway's public comments on this, I think, put a lot of minds at greater ease as that snake Romney has no business anywhere near the Trump White House. Trump's credibility would go down like the Hindenburg upon a Romney appointment to ANY key position.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one still scratching his head wondering why he ever agreed to meet with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The 2012 election left no doubt that Romney is anything BUT politically savvy.

He's a man who stands for nothing, has no loyalty to his party or country, and - most importantly - disdains the average working Americans at the foundation of our country's great history.

You're way, way, off the mark here. Romney doesn't even qualify for the recycle bin.
Quote:
People are sick and tired ... The people who voted for Trump want absolutely nothing to do with Romney. I didn't vote for Trump and I want nothing to do with Romney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
looks like Giuliani, Rohrabacher or Gabbard.

Romney is out.
I hope you're right.

Gabbard? You mean Tulsi Gabbard? That would be awesome.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't believe Kellyanne would make these harsh criticisms of Romney publicly without an OK from Trump.
Well, Trump's BFFs Joe and Mika claim he's furious. And they are very tight with the campaign and family. If they were wrong, there would be a Trump Tweet Tirade against them. And don't forget -- Trump fired the very popular executive Carolyn after she got too much attention on her own due to the Apprentice. He's a dictator.

This woman has been obnoxious since she took over the campaign. Says she can have any job she wants. Didn't she used to work for Cruz who said nasty things about Trump? Now she says Romney is a bad man for pickin' on Donny? Typical Trump campaign hypocrisy and chaos. Chaotic admin to follow.

Joe Scarborough: Trump 'Furious' With Conway for Romney Complaints

Old 11-28-2016, 02:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
People are sick and tired of "political savvy". Political savvy is saying one thing and doing the other. The people who voted for Trump want absolutely nothing to do with Romney. I didn't vote for Trump and I want nothing to do with Romney.
Problem is... they elected another person who says one thing and does another. So, the real difference is the one that counts... he knows nothing about running a country, appearing to be a respectable US leader, or just being respectable and polite, period.

Where was the "win" here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies