Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:26 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Then why did Obama appoint a unmeritorious political hack in 2008?

In spite of what you say, the facts on the ground clearly show time and time again that cabinet and diplomatic appointments are largely based on political favors and manipulation, and much less so on technical competence.

The last thing we need is a standard-bearer of the 30-year Bush/Clinton cabal again near the helm of power through the back door, just like Obama did in 2008, by far his worst mistake.

I hope you're right.
Secretary of state requires some experience, you don't just hire someone because of patronage. Obama also kept on Robert Gates from the Bush administration, great decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 05:32 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,505 times
Not sure what Kellyanne is up to. Her saving grace to the campaign is that she was the only person in the world able to control Trump. Now she's getting a little out of control. I saw the other day that she tweeted something to a TV show about what was said while the show was going on. She really needs to take a break for the sake of herself and her family.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:48 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I dont know but her place starting to seem murky to me in the DON circle- shes looking very flustered these days

Old 11-29-2016, 06:48 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Secretary of state requires some experience, you don't just hire someone because of patronage. Obama also kept on Robert Gates from the Bush administration, great decision.
Agreed, and that's the very reason why appointing Bill Clinton's wife to Secretary of State was his worst decision.

Appointing Mitt Romney to the same position would be Trump's worst mistake and nearly for the same political reasons, main difference being that Romney is actually somewhat qualified, though there are others much more qualified than he.

Conclusion: if he appoints Romney, it will be because of some dirty political game.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:01 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Agreed, and that's the very reason why appointing Bill Clinton's wife to Secretary of State was his worst decision.

Appointing Mitt Romney to the same position would be Trump's worst mistake and nearly for the same political reasons, main difference being that Romney is actually somewhat qualified, though there are others much more qualified than he.

Conclusion: if he appoints Romney, it will be because of some dirty political game.
Possibly. But maybe Trump wants to show that he's not as thin skinned as his critics have been saying, and appoint someone who was a strong critic of his. If so then I think it would be a good move. We'll see.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:08 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
He's already done more for the country before taking office than the last 4 Presidents put together. Those who can't or won't see that are those happy with our generational race to the bottom and for the Federal government to control our very thoughts.

America can do better, given courageous leadership. There won't be another Trump for a long, long, time and right now he's our best shot at saving this sinking ship.

Oh, and if anyone alive today remembers the Teddy Roosevelt Presidency, I want to meet them.
What has he done except look stupid?

Old 11-29-2016, 09:33 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He didn't start looking stupid until his first meeting with Romney. If Trump were trying to prove that Romney was right in March, he couldn't find a more effective way. The magnitude of this gaff cannot be overstated.

Romney aside, what he has done is openly challenged and defied Political Correctness and the straight-jacketed PC control of all public political dialog that the MSM has successfully imposed, all but universally, on this country for a generation. He has thus laid the foundation and set an example for others to follow forward to mounting blunt challenges to the madness of public policy poured straight from the cauldrons of left-wing lunacy on the freedoms and aspirations of average Americans.

No one else has dared this - or would have in our lifetimes, but no other facet of leadership is more critical to our future freedom and prosperity. PC was killing us just as surely as and as similarly to the death-grip of a lion's jaws on the nose of a zebra.

Trump proved that a political candidate can be real and win the hearts and minds of the people. He alone in a sea of canned, controlled, scripted, and, yes, useless automatons.

These next few days will be critical in determining whether this unique candidate can continue to blaze the trail forward dreamed of by average folk or whether he is what the snake said he is.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:34 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
with all due respect...the same could be said for Hillary

Clinton lost because she is a proven liar
Candidate Hillary..."I'm for women".........................the real hillary........." the rapist was lured by the 15 yr old".... "all these tramps seduced my husband"

candidate Hillary..."I'm for minorities and blacks".......the real Hillary......"he's a n-word"

candidate Hillary...."I'm against the TTP"..........the real Hillary " I helped negotiate TTP, and Nafta was/is great"

candidate Hillary "woman should be paid the same".......the real Hillary 'everyone of my female staff is paid far less than my male staff'

Hillary "what difference does it make" . "lets move on from the past"........ I am sure ambassador Stevens and the others appreciate that hillary says what difference does it make

she proved that she is the MOST TWO-FACED POLITICAL CANDIDATE IN THE LAST 50 years

Old 11-29-2016, 10:27 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
with all due respect...the same could be said for Hillary

Clinton lost because she is a proven liar
Candidate Hillary..."I'm for women".........................the real hillary........." the rapist was lured by the 15 yr old".... "all these tramps seduced my husband"

candidate Hillary..."I'm for minorities and blacks".......the real Hillary......"he's a n-word"

candidate Hillary...."I'm against the TTP"..........the real Hillary " I helped negotiate TTP, and Nafta was/is great"

candidate Hillary "woman should be paid the same".......the real Hillary 'everyone of my female staff is paid far less than my male staff'

Hillary "what difference does it make" . "lets move on from the past"........ I am sure ambassador Stevens and the others appreciate that hillary says what difference does it make

she proved that she is the MOST TWO-FACED POLITICAL CANDIDATE IN THE LAST 50 years
Can't argue with your characterization of Hilary but I can tell you Trump ain't going to make anybody forget "Honest Abe" Lincoln.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:20 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Excellent post....I owe you another rep.

It is reported that Trump is going to meet with Romney again today. What the hell is he thinking? One gaff (the first Romney interview) may have blown over if not repeated, but his still toying with this snake is a grave concern and a grave error. He risks losing his people even before the inauguration.

A Romney pick is political suicide. Even if this is some kind of revenge game solely for the purpose of putting Romney down in the end, it reflects very poorly on Trump's judgement. As you correctly point out, this kind of nonsense is not what his supporters bargained for.
Interesting ulterior motive you attribute to Trump on this one. Setting up Romney in a job he couldn't handle, to humiliate him, would be clever. Actually, a simpleton like Romney would be sliced to bits if he tried to go head-to-head with the leaders of other countries. But would Trump put his own political revenge and playing of juvenile games ahead of the successful running of the country's international relations? That's a rhetorical question, as we all know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies