Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 03:13 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,491,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Yes....not like the "protesters" did anything like "spew their hatred" in the streets of major cities across the country immediately following the election. MArching in the streets shouting "Eff Donald Trump" and "Not My President." Some of them in CA even decided to take it a step further and step in front of cars doing 65mph on the freeway! A few of them ended up splattered on the freeway. HAHA!
When they protest Trump, it's freedom of speech.

When Obama is protested, it's racism.

I hope it doesn't rain on Obama's last day and mess up his speech, because then our weather will be called racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 03:41 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm surprised OP didn't find this racist. I did. "Buying and selling" a person clearly refers to black slavery.

Sounds to me like the woman was drunk. Still she should be fired, not so much for what she said as for being stupid enough to post it non-anonymously on the internet after all we've seen of what happens when you do that.
Nah...I've heard people say "so and so could buy and sell so and so" a million times. In every case, they usually mean that the person is extremely wealthy.

That's how I took her statement. And she really didn't say anything else I'd deem as racist.

She just sounded deranged. But obviously, it was bad enough to her employer.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...I've heard people say "so and so could buy and sell so and so" a million times. In every case, they usually mean that the person is extremely wealthy.

That's how I took her statement. And she really didn't say anything else I'd deem as racist.

She just sounded deranged. But obviously, it was bad enough to her employer.

Yep, that's how I think the statement was meant, too. One person is so wealthy that the other person doesn't have anything of value to offer.

Not racist, but also lacks common sense to post anything like this on social media in today's world. For all we know, her manager, or someone higher up, got phone calls complaining and the witch hunt began.

Regarding her being a VP, banks are the only places where almost everyone can be a VP, whether they have a command of the English language, can spell, or what have you. There's an old gag line used in my circle when someone is promoted to VP. That news will be shared and someone will invariably ask, "A bank VP or a real VP?"

Old 11-28-2016, 04:21 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,339,047 times
She had WAY too much time on her hands.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:21 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yep, that's how I think the statement was meant, too. One person is so wealthy that the other person doesn't have anything of value to offer.

Not racist, but also lacks common sense to post anything like this on social media in today's world. For all we know, her manager, or someone higher up, got phone calls complaining and the witch hunt began.

Regarding her being a VP, banks are the only places where almost everyone can be a VP, whether they have a command of the English language, can spell, or what have you. There's an old gag line used in my circle when someone is promoted to VP. That news will be shared and someone will invariably ask, "A bank VP or a real VP?"
Hmmmm....didn't know that about bank managers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies